• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Scariest/creepiest things in the games?

Gyroids scare me,and K.K. Dirge sounds like funeral music.

I really want to read that fanfic now.....

AC NL was the first game I played, I like gyroids o.o to be honest. That thing where you get your face like a gyroid is creepy but well.

Can't understand why do you find Penny creepy, can someone pass me the fanfiction. Got curious about it xD

Just heard about it the other day, but moppina looks creepy.

I'm afraid of any animal that looks like Muffy...My dog shares his birthday with Muffy.

How is Penny creepy? I need to see that fan fiction. Sure, someone did fan art of her with a scar on her face but who cares? That's like saying you know the whole story of Akia village....Did I spell that right?

The alien thing that happens on your tv at 3:33am always freaks me out.

Also, the Hypno KK song is really unsettling to me.

Last edited:
I'm afraid of any animal that looks like Muffy...My dog shares his birthday with Muffy.

How is Penny creepy? I need to see that fan fiction. Sure, someone did fan art of her with a scar on her face but who cares? That's like saying you know the whole story of Akia village....Did I spell that right?

your picture is creepy

Read the fan-fic at your own peril. I found it incredibly disturbing and was unable to finish it. That said, I find a lot of things easily disturbing, so you might find it just plain weird.

The most important thing is that Penny in-game is perfectly normal and is simply a villager chosen effectively at random to have a backstory of psychopathic brain damage.

tbch ive never been genuinely creeped out by anything in this game, its all too childish to me

ive been startled by a few tarantulas and scorpions before but I just find them irritating

I agree with a lot of people here that the creepiest thing is when you don't save when visiting another town and wake up the next day with hollow eyes/gyroid face. It's pretty disturbing.

Also, playing Animal Crossing GC for the first time and not knowing bees existed in the game until the fateful day when you shake a tree and bees attack you with that loud screeching noise.

when i was little i was so anxious of the tarantula thing lmao it felt like someone was gonna rob my house

The fact that porter's driving the train while also inside the station.

Omg... Now that I think about it that is sorta scary ... In a weird way... Maybe it's Rover.

I've seen some weird things on tumblr and youtube about all the scariness.. *shiver*

When I talked to some 'angry' or hideously creepy villagers in the game at night..
Also when villagers come to my house when I'm in there, because I would've locked it but it seems like they can come in ... They come in at night and watch you sleep... nah.
I found tarantulas and scorpians to be scary..

Back