• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Save file won't load?

I actually had this happen to my old file and it did not corrupt in the end.

I have a question about your 3DS. Was it dropped frequently? Did you just update it? In my case, it turned out that the game was fine, but it was my 3DS that needed to take a breather. I removed the SD card and all other things, and placed them back in after I blew on them to remove the dust, and so far it had not happened again and it has been a long time.

Also, it did the same thing to my AlphaSapphire, and so many other games it became apparent that my 3DS was having a problem. My advice would be to inspect your 3DS, as well.

I actually had this happen to my old file and it did not corrupt in the end.

I have a question about your 3DS. Was it dropped frequently? Did you just update it? In my case, it turned out that the game was fine, but it was my 3DS that needed to take a breather. I removed the SD card and all other things, and placed them back in after I blew on them to remove the dust, and so far it had not happened again and it has been a long time.

Also, it did the same thing to my AlphaSapphire, and so many other games it became apparent that my 3DS was having a problem. My advice would be to inspect your 3DS, as well.
i don't think i've ever dropped it before but i did update it about a week ago. right now i'm following another users' suggestion to repair/redownload the software (it said it will keep my save file so I'm not too worried) but i think after that i'll let it rest for a while.
thank you so much!

Oof, there are some problems with this new download. My partner can't use his wifi and I have been having problems with loading files with games I've never done anything to. I regret updating it. The good news is that it can go away, so yes, let it rest. That's sometimes all it needs.

Oof, there are some problems with this new download. My partner can't use his wifi and I have been having problems with loading files with games I've never done anything to. I regret updating it. The good news is that it can go away, so yes, let it rest. That's sometimes all it needs.
thank you so much!! ^^

How else are you supposed to remove dust? How is air bad for your cartridge lmao

its not just air but also moisture that can and will corrode the pins over time

and there's plenty of other ways that don't involve blowing (which could quite frankly just redistribute the dust instead of removing it)

also, to OP: have you tried transferring to a new SD card? in case that's the issue?

Last edited:
Blowing on the SD OR cartridges is one of the worst things you can do as it can actually cause more corruption not to just one game but your whole system. It corrodes the pins on both the SD card and cartridges. We breathe out water molecules and other free radicals that you can't see and that is what causes MORE corruption.
I have also heard of the digital copies corrupting more then cartridges but Nintendo has not pinpointed exactly why. I would do what one poster said and have a friend hold your items that you want to keep and start over as it sounds like it is already partially corrupted and may just get worse.
If the error comes up RED that means there is in fact corruption already there and sounds like an SD card corruption. You also may want to get a new SD card. save all your files onto your computer and then install a new SD card and transfer those files onto the new SD card. There are You Tube videos on how to do it. Just some suggestions as I have seen this happen on other peoples systems quite a few times now.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I hope your file will recover soon. I have a tip: When you are saving never click the power button or home button because that is what will happen :(.

How else are you supposed to remove dust? How is air bad for your cartridge lmao

Well,

its not just air but also moisture that can and will corrode the pins over time

and there's plenty of other ways that don't involve blowing (which could quite frankly just redistribute the dust instead of removing it)
Blowing on the SD OR cartridges is one of the worst things you can do as it can actually cause more corruption not to just one game but your whole system. It corrodes the pins on both the SD card and cartridges. We breathe out water molecules and other free radicals that you can't see and that is what causes MORE corruption.

^Basically

My lesson learned by many years of blowing into SNES/N64/GBA/etc. games. If you do some searching around on Google you could find articles or whatever about it.

Last edited:
Back