• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Sanrio villager struggles? 🥺

TortimerCrossing

♡ bad egg ♡
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Sheep Plush
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Tasty Cake
White Cosmos
Togepi Easter Egg
Sorry if similar posts have been made to this. I just received my Sanrio amiibos so I am slightly late to the party!

53bb11dd42c545820897b61a7a0bc7837bbe9970.gifv

Anyways, similar to a lot of you I really love the cutesy villager aesthetics. Of course the Sanrio villagers are totally up my alley, which is why I got them all (bootleg on Etsy lol). I instantly knew I needed Étoile because I haven't had a sheep character on New Horizons yet and she is maximum cuteness. Had to say goodbye to Pekoe for her. Now, here's where it gets tricky for me. I have a lot of repeat personalities on my island (especially normal) and unfortunately the Sanrio characters fit into ones I already have.

I feel like I need Marty, my favourite Sanrio character is pompompurin and that just makes sense. But, I have two lazies currently who I really love. I am considering maybe swapping out Zucker for him since they are both pudding themed but still its hard - Zucker was in my village in New Leaf & I feel like I have a connection with him! Secondly, Chai. Cinnamoroll is my second favourite character and come on, that freaking tea cup! Problem is, I already have Tia and seriously they are pretty similar. I also have Merry who is a peppy & I don't want to let her go since she's my highest friendship villager. I also don't want to overwhelm my island with Sanrio characters even though I die for them.

I am leaning more towards taking Marty & not Chai. But I already know I need an Uchi villager to get all personalities so I need to oust someone else! Why can't we have like 15 villagers on our islands
tumblr_inline_mjpod9H1tV1qz4rgp.gif

10 villagers is way too limiting. The double-edged sword is the repetitive dialogue with too many villagers allowed.

Regardless, adding at least 2 villager plots would suffice for the time being. I don't share your dilemma regarding Sanrio villagers, so unfortunately I can provide no solace on that front. But I do relate in regards to feeling too constricted at only 10 plots. I don't have a jock or sisterly, and it's difficult to make room as there are so many villagers outside of those personalities that I'd still like to add. 15 plots would be a dream come true

Personally, I took Marty and Chai...and I love both. I understand why it might be hard to let go of another villager you like...but, I say go for it. Only having 10 plots is a challenge, but I think it's also part of the fun of the game. In a sense, the "Crossing" part of Animal Crossing is that the animals come and go. Maybe instead of taking all three (or even two) of the ones you want, just decide on one for a few months...then swap out that one. And remember, you can always bring them back as long as you have the cards. You could rotate that one spot every few months and experience all three over time.

I’m just popping onto this thread because I do have a problem with my Sanrio villagers, not really a problem but a question ... what do I give them for gifts to increase friendship?
I currently have Etoile, Chai, Marty, and Toby (love them all!)
I don’t want to change their furniture or their clothing so what would be good gifts? Does anybody have any suggestions?
💛✨💛

@The Pennifer This thread used to be updated all the time with information on how to raise friendship to get villager photos.

The original poster has since edited the title and first post to be empty, I assume because it was always becoming out of date and they didn't want to keep updating it anymore, but I think the discussion in the thread could still help you. But the short version is: wrap two foreign fruits and use that as your daily gift, and you'll get a photo sooner or later.

It should be the same for Sanrio villagers as any others. I got Marty's photo the other day, and I only ever gave him two apples wrapped in paper every day (my native fruit is cherries).
4:20:21 Marty's Photo.jpg

On the original topic, you should feel free to have whatever villagers you feel like at any given time. If you want an island full of normals, you can do that. If you want an island with every personality except for jock or something, you can do that, too. Just follow your heart, and remember that with amiibo, you can always get those villagers back if you change your mind later.

10 villagers is way too limiting. The double-edged sword is the repetitive dialogue with too many villagers allowed.

Regardless, adding at least 2 villager plots would suffice for the time being. I don't share your dilemma regarding Sanrio villagers, so unfortunately I can provide no solace on that front. But I do relate in regards to feeling too constricted at only 10 plots. I don't have a jock or sisterly, and it's difficult to make room as there are so many villagers outside of those personalities that I'd still like to add. 15 plots would be a dream come true

Agree, way too limiting! I definitely want all the personality types strictly to liven up the already repetitive dialogue.
Just a sidenote but Zucker isnt pudding, he is takoyaki (fried doughballs with octopus) :3

I totally knew this haha, I meant to say they were snack themed but oh well!
On the original topic, you should feel free to have whatever villagers you feel like at any given time. If you want an island full of normals, you can do that. If you want an island with every personality except for jock or something, you can do that, too. Just follow your heart, and remember that with amiibo, you can always get those villagers back if you change your mind later.
The dialogue is seriously what gets me! My island would be 80% normals because I prefer their aesthetic but I also enjoy the chatting level of the game. & youre so right about the amiibo!

Back