• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Saddam To Be Hanged In Hours

Well, I cannot say I am always for the death penalty even when they do horrible things. He needed to be punished, but if he really felt bad about what he did, perhaps exile would have been just as good. Just as the French did with Napoleon.

you need to consider why someone did something, as well as whether they will do it again when deciding the proper punishment for a crime.

In a case like this though... the media clouds everything. It just becomes hard to discern between what was real, what was possible, and what was faked or made-up.

George W. Bush has a hard task ahead of him now. His legacy is already the war in Iraq, and how history books remember him will depend on what he does next.

Sad to see him die in such a... "nice" way.

I'd honestly have put him in one of his own torture machines, so he could feel the same pain he gave countless people.

anyone feeling sorry for him really doesn't understand what this man is, a sociopath.

My dad told me about this. Also all the muslims are mad because tomorrow is special day for them or something. Wouldn't they be happy this guy got killed?

I did feel sorry for him but then again he killed ALOT of innocent people some innocent people his look in his face was a look of fear but he tried to look brave because i think he knew he was Going to be filmed or was being filmed but yeah executoin is bad and stuff but he did deserve it aslo i felt really srry for him when he was in his hideout no food or anything he might of had food and stuff but i do feel srry for the guy but like i said he Killed ALOT!

Kitten

As a pretty wise person once told me, "no man has the right to kill another", and I completely agree. No matter what he did, we had no right to kill him, at all. How are we better than him? We can't even dare to call ourselves better when we have blood on our hands as well. This nation is sickening...

Bulerias said:
As a pretty wise person once told me, "no man has the right to kill another", and I completely agree. No matter what he did, we had no right to kill him, at all. How are we better than him? We can't even dare to call ourselves better when we have blood on our hands as well. This nation is sickening...
He also didn't have the right to kill all the people he killed..

ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
He didn't, but who are we to judge him?

Bulerias said:
ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
I know we are "no-one" to judge him, but justice had to be served.

I can't go around killing people and not paying for what I did can I?

Bulerias said:
i said that in msn half an hour ago to you.

:)

Although he deserved it, I am really against applying the death penalty. I mean, they could have sentenced him to life in the most maximum security prison ever.

Acfan said:
Although he deserved it, I am really against applying the death penalty. I mean, they could have sentenced him to life in the most maximum security prison ever.
He's not the first one who's had a death penalty..

Yes, he did kill innocent people (143 I think), and sure, he had to be punished for it. Yes, I feel bad too for him dying like that, even though he had killed all of those people. I mean, the death penalty? Like I said, sure he killed tons of innocent people, but he could've been put in a maximum security prison or something, as AcFan said. They had no right to kill him, even though he had killed tons of people. That's just my point of view on this.

golden rule- treat others the way you wanna be treated.

he killed people, he should be killed as well.

the world doesn't have justice when we cut people a break cuz we feel bad for them. : /

he killed loads of people, he should be dead. i feel bad fer him being Hung, but its' all the same.

ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
I know we are "no-one" to judge him, but justice had to be served.

I can't go around killing people and not paying for what I did can I?
That's a good point... "an eye for an eye, an arm for an arm" or something.

The more we kill now the less there is to kill later.

Is that better? Because if we don't kill now we have only more to kill later.

Bulerias said:
I don't think that is always true. If you have someone who killed before, you have a right to kill him if he means to kill more. If killing someone is the only way to make sure they won't kill again, perhaps that is best.

What if he broke out somehow? He could use the people who still support him to kill more.

I don't feel I can say much on his death though because I really don't know enough about it. I only hope others made the right decision in this case.

They had to hang him because of the iragi death penalties, death is always by hanging. I think he should have been killed, say he breaks out of a maximum sercurity prison, its possible one person has before. He killed all those innocent people, there are going to be penalties for murder and even more penalties for 143 deaths.

Back