🎂 Renn's Art Bakery! 🧁 [Catching up with the Queue]

I don’t even play Persona 5, but this is gorgeous! Have I already told you lately that your artwork is so stunning? Because I’ve been thinking it every time I see it, and I’ve been meaning to! I have complete admiration of your skill and dedication to your art! 😍✨
SJ!
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: thank you so much for being such a positive influence here. I am so moved by your encouraging words, and I feel particularly good about this piece. All of my spare time is spent consuming art and art tutorials and gathering inspiration; I've had people in my real life scoff at this hobby of mine... and I keep my mouth shut and carry on even though it hurts a little. Even if nobody wanted my work, I would still find the pursuit worthwhile, but the encouragement is such a huge boost.
I'm sure you know this, but every time you share art that you make, you are allowing yourself to be vulnerable to opinions (even your own), and it can be emotionally taxing. Nobody likes spending hours on something only to have it flop. Art takes courage. And you've given it to me. :lemon:

SJ!
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: thank you so much for being such a positive influence here. I am so moved by your encouraging words, and I feel particularly good about this piece. All of my spare time is spent consuming art and art tutorials and gathering inspiration; I've had people in my real life scoff at this hobby of mine... and I keep my mouth shut and carry on even though it hurts a little. Even if nobody wanted my work, I would still find the pursuit worthwhile, but the encouragement is such a huge boost.
I'm sure you know this, but every time you share art that you make, you are allowing yourself to be vulnerable to opinions (even your own), and it can be emotionally taxing. Nobody likes spending hours on something only to have it flop. Art takes courage. And you've given it to me. :lemon:
This hurt to read about the part where people irl scoff at you. Your art is great! I really hope you don't stop being an artist.

This hurt to read about the part where people irl scoff at you. Your art is great! I really hope you don't stop being an artist.
Thanks, Corrie!
While everyone is entitled to having an opinion, I think practicing empathy is also important. I am a full grown adult with kids of my own and being treated this way has made me think twice about the words that come out of my mouth and how I express myself. I won’t be quitting anytime soon and I appreciate every single person who glances at my work while also not hanging my goals on their opinions. Just gotta keep going! 🔥🔥🔥

Hi Renn! I'd love to be added to your tbt pinglist for more of your amazing art! (or if you'd like to do an art trade lmk! whatever you prefer^^)

Hi Renn! I'd love to be added to your tbt pinglist for more of your amazing art! (or if you'd like to do an art trade lmk! whatever you prefer^^)
HECK YEAH! I have been following your progress on insta and thinking to myself "dannng, such clean lines and consistent style- so recognizeable!"
I'm gonna ping you for an art trade (or if you want to get started right away, I would love your version of my island rep:
I can't get started for a while, but feel free to drop references on me!

HECK YEAH! I have been following your progress on insta and thinking to myself "dannng, such clean lines and consistent style- so recognizeable!"
I'm gonna ping you for an art trade (or if you want to get started right away, I would love your version of my island rep:
I can't get started for a while, but feel free to drop references on me!
Yay! I'll start working on her sometime this weekend or next week probably ^^ And take as long as you need, there's no rush!

I'd love art of either him or her, you can pick which you'd like to draw! Whenever you start if you have questions about either of their designs or anything lmk!

Did anyone catch the lunar eclipse last week? It was a very LOZ:BOTW blood moon kinda moment...
Anyway, I made an elegant moon phase banner to match with @/TheSillyPuppy's previous logo. Not eerie; hopefully graceful.
Tiff_Banner.png

My favorite part was looking up the moon craters and painting them in. I think maybe I should blur this a little more, to make it a little glowy. Hmm...

After much fiddling, I have arrived at this version of a tarot card featuring Maruki from Persona 5! (Click for larger version)
I love the look of tarot cards, and I'm so glad to have the chance to make something like this, even if my research phase went extra long.
There's so much symbolism in this piece, and I'm fairly proud of how it turned out!
  • The golden apples represent temptation and allure.​
  • The sunset colors are taken from the character's palace in game.​
  • Maruki is facing left, while offering a helping hand. It is a gesture of kindness, but also facing left and giving the left hand can be construed as sinister.​
  • The mask and gem from his meta-verse form are on the top and bottom of the card.​
  • The tree of life that is associated with his character is growing in the background.​

Here's a speedpaint:

And then for fun, I separated the elements and tried zooming around it in an animation by MentalCanvas:

TYSM @Dunquixote for commissioning me again and entertaining my bajillion questions. This was a true collab, lol.
I love it! 🤩😍💜💜💜 You did an incredible job! Thank you so much for accepting my commission 🙏💜💜 . I am completely blown away! 🤩 I really enjoyed discussing it with you too!

Ushering in December 2022:
85.gif

This adorable blinking Christmas scene was made for / in collaboration with @That Marshal Fangirl (who has an incredible eye for aesthetics and detail, omg, so good).
Look how far we got from this sketch:
sketch.png

to the gif above. I'm so proud! SO CUTE, LOOK AT THOSE EGGY ORNAMENTS AHHHH

30 sec speedpaint:

SJ!

I didn't see this until now but this makes me sad! Art has real value in the world, it gives people joy and pleasure to look at it. You're an incredible artist, Renn. Everyone, look at the signature she made me above. It's full of detail and beautiful colors! A true masterpiece. Don't listen to the haters, girl, you have a talent and we are blessed that you've chosen to share it with us 🥰

That picture of Marshal and Judy is gosh dang adorable! The angel wing potion for the top of the tree is so clever! ^_^

And to add on to what others have said, don't listen to anyone who acts like art isn't important, or that you're not good at it, because they're actually objectively wrong. Avoid those negative people and hang out with us here instead!

For @Corrie a glowy night scene of Saki and Koji from Durarara!

speedpaint, which shows all the tools I used (1pt perspective, etc.)

i really love how the glow effects turned out; I have a distaste for my coloring skills, but then I used some post processing in Lightroom and made this all better. Before the blue adjustment, it was very gray.
262FE1B3-28AD-47EE-A7C7-968648140A03.jpeg

I really love this!

Tada! An art trade with nyx~
Meet Zixin, their Genshin OC.
Yay! I'll start working on her sometime this weekend or next week probably ^^ And take as long as you need, there's no rush!

I'd love art of either him or her, you can pick which you'd like to draw! Whenever you start if you have questions about either of their designs or anything lmk!

I experimented a bit with different painting and lineart techniques until it got to be a big ol' mess, and tried to backpedal a bit but somehow landed at this point. 😂
Genshin art and character design is complex and gorgeous. I don’t know how long it would take me to learn their style, but I would enjoy the journey. 😍
I can’t take credit for the weapon; I just inserted one of their game assets directly into my project and applied a mask on it.

Revealing my final artwork for 2022: a shop banner for @Jhine7!

I tried to squeeze in all his favorite collectibles, plus a few more here and there. I also wish I had more stamina to work on it, because I thought it would be cute to have baskets of fruits (with the occasional hidden perfect fruit) and more plushies for the shelves. I struggled with the overwhelming amount of browns, and since the golden ladder was one of my favorite items in the ACNH 2.0 update, I thought it would make a nice contrast to all the wood. My favorite hidden collectible is the flea!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new year of art because I have some new gear that I'm looking forward to breaking in. Stay tuned!

Ringing in the new year with some OC art for @/kiwikenobi!
Zann is a vivacious half-orc with such excitement for his new duds and the upcoming celebrations. 🥰

Zann_Formal.png

Gosh, I love how these blues turned out. I can't wait to start on the companion piece. 😁

Ringing in the new year with some OC art for @/kiwikenobi!
Zann is a vivacious half-orc with such excitement for his new duds and the upcoming celebrations. 🥰

View attachment 477269
Gosh, I love how these blues turned out. I can't wait to start on the companion piece. 😁
Here's a companion piece to Zann's formal attire, presenting Jericho in formal wear (for @/kiwikenobi )!

Yeah, he's not super comfortable, but I think he looks great!
I'm particularly proud of how shiny his shoes look, and he's much more expressive than many of my other character drawings.

He looks amazing! He looks so amusingly uncomfortable in his fancy clothes, you can tell how much he hates getting dressed up. It's so beautiful! I love it! Thank you so much! ^_^

Pinging @allainah and @Amilee !
I know it has been ages, but if either of you are interested in more art, I would be happy to oblige.

Order form:
Description: (what you want, expression, pose, items, background, animation, etc.)
References: (reference images / links)
Dimensions: (square/avatar, signature rectangle, phone background, circle, exact pixels, etc)
Would you like to include a speedpaint?
Payment:
Thank you, friends~

Back