• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Recently picked up AC:NL after not playing AC:NH for a year since the game got boring.

Valia

cerise 🍰
Bells
Arcade Tokens
(NOTE: this is not in chronological order btw) So, I recently decided to pick up AC:NL again (haven't played since 2019, and i picked up from 2019 to pick up from 2014.) and it's a bit confusing, I kind of don't know where to start. To summarize the first day, I got a brown haired character, brown eyes. I named my character Veronica and my town Catville after some weird site I came upon earlier that day. The game automatically assumed that it was January 1st, 2012. Geez. Obviously I switched the time to July 25th (the date at time of writing this) 2012. I didn't bother to change the year since I hadn't seen much of a difference. I got some cool villagers, Bianca, Sly, that rainbow bird with the, like, red blush and pretty blue (literally pretty blue, not personality blue.) Tom, a yellow elephant, and I forgot the rest of the other's names. A lot of people probably know the beginning, so I'll skip the boring part. I sold a bunch of stuff to the retail shop, got 19.5k bells + 4.3k from a bunch of cherries I found in my village, in which I used the money to pay off my debt immediately so I didn't have to live in a tent the next day. I couldn't find anything I liked in the able sisters, and I learned that my shirt had green stripes in the middle of the shirt and wondered how I never noticed, and then I went to the museum to get some fossils assessed and then didn't donate them and sold them instead. I then bought a painting from Redd, and the differences in real and fake paintings in this game are.. you can barely tell the difference, it feels like you're trying to distinguish two pieces of art by one pixel. Anyways, I finished some CAT initiatives, and planted a tree in the plaza. that was basically it, so I'm looking forward to what tomorrow has to offer! (Unrelated, but, Sly calls me "Ladybro" and that kind of insinuates he calls his male friends "brobro" and it makes me deeply uncomfortable.)

7/26/2021
Day 2 (This is written in real-time and Chronological Order.)

I booted up the game to meet Isabelle, and I had to change the time (since yesterday I booted up the game at a rather late time, I had to time travel to 12:00 PM, and when I booted up the game, she thought it was 12:01 AM, so I had to switch it to the actual time, which was 9:25 AM.) She told me to meet her in the town hall to tell me what being mayor entails. When the game actually booted up (as in, I had control over a player.) I met a weird duck named "Pete". I don't know what he is, so hopefully someone can help me on that. He informed me that I can't get mail if my mailbox is full (which I already knew, since Redd had told me he can't put that weird art in the box if it was full) and in the box was a letter from Redd and a letter from an unknown sender. I checked it out and this is the most nonchalant reaction to having your identity stolen. Quite literally, as the person who wrote the letter is, well, anonymous. They told me they were rooting for me and I then opened the "Redd's Gallery" letter, and he sounded like he had went insane, since he was talking in the 3rd person and then randomly switched to 1st person in the last sentence. By the way, I had bought the "Jolly Painting". Spent a good 30 seconds being confused on how to get the present until I went into the mail in my inventory. I ran into the plaza to go to the museum and it always annoyed me how I had to run to the far left side of the plaza when in my past games, I had to run to the far right, or I may be misremembering it and I'm just being annoyed by nothing. I check in with Blathers, donate the painting and I swear if the painting is fake, I'm gonna be furious. It wasn't, yay. I went into the art exhibit to admire the waste of bells I put into it, and then left once I stopped regretting the decision I made to buy it. I left like, 30 seconds, it didn't take long. I checked with the Able sisters, and dangit, they were open at 10:00 AM, not 9:00 AM. (the time was 9:38 AM). Nookling Junction wasn't closed and they had an item I already had and a fishing rod, I bought the fishing rod. As Timmy usually does, he assumes I'm stupid, and asks me if I know how to use the item. I said I didn't need help, and I left the shop. Nook's homes are open at 10:00, of course. We were getting pretty close to 10:00 AM, since it was now 9:43 AM. I then spent a couple seconds wondering why there were 3 doors, all blocked off until I remembered I had unlocked one of them. I couldn't remember the others since I simply never unlocked the others. I saw a weird tent and met a psychic named Katrina and she said some weird stuff in psychic and then started talking. She told me my "bright aura had many stars." She then charged me 500 bells, I had 4,000. Why not put more money in the sinkhole and buy a psychic? She started talking about the "star matrix", She then screams and now I'm in the center of the universe. she says "after the recycle shop closes for the day... golden furniture appears, one after the other." I don't know if that's good, gold furniture sounds very uncomfy. She then randomly says "short-sleeved dress..." and then says it's the key to unlocking good fortune. I left the center of the universe and then says "remember that bad times... are just times that are bad." like I didn't know that. Anyways, when I left, it was 9:52 AM, a couple minutes before the opening of the Able sisters and the other store on Main street. I decided that talking to some villagers would help me pass the time, and the first person I saw was Sly. He asks me where I put my house, I say over there, and then he talks about letters. What's terrifying is I bought paper the day before to write letter, which I forgot to write in, so that's a big coincidence. He tells me be careful what I write, and tells me to not write my secrets. I then wrote a letter saying "I kind of hate you" to Sly because that's not a secret. I checked if retail was open, it was, and we were two minutes from the opening of the shops in Main Street. I had nothing to sell, so I don't really know why I went in there in the first place. I saw Celia, she told me to check the bulletin board, I lied and said I did, and that hypocrite flat-out told me she hadn't checked yet. Another letter to write, and I'm not running out of them. I have 2 left. Anyways, it was 10:01 AM, so I headed to Main Street and went to the Able sisters. I found Tom there and he was practically speaking in another language, I decided to ask what was up, and he talked about how he wanted to remain fashionable. I'll be honest, the stuff there didn't really live up to it. I found a dress that Mabel told me would make me look like a bunny with a matching accessory (ironically, a bunny accessory was up yesterday), 800 bells which is honestly a better investment then that psychic, I bought a denim skirt for 480 bells, and then moved onto the accessory part. I found a baseball cap, a pirate hat, a frog helmet, a bandage I don't need, goggles and a pacifier. I bought the bandage. I ran over to Nook's homes, he tells me to pay 39.8k bells like I had them, especially since I had moved there yesterday. He makes me join HHA, which I remember I had the game AC:HHD and thought I should try to find it later. Back on-topic, I went to the Post Office and met a duck named Pelly and asked to send mail to Sly. I wanted to know what happened if I hit a villager with a net, so I hit Sly and he yelled at me and asked if I wanted to fight him, and yes, I did want to but I couldn't. I decided to start pushing him, which warranted a way less interesting bit of dialogue. Then right after he told me to send him a letter to fight. As you likely remember, I did. I talked to Bianca, said something boring about cameras, and then I had nothing else to do. I decided to quit for the day, it was pretty fun, I'll be honest, spent a good hour on it. Hopefully tomorrow is more interesting.

The game automatically assumed that it was January 1st, 2012. Geez. Obviously I switched the time to July 25th (the date at time of writing this) 2012. I didn't bother to change the year since I hadn't seen much of a difference.

It's may be of importance to set the correct year because today is Monday, but July 25, 2012 was a Wednesday.

It's may be of importance to set the correct year because today is Monday, but July 25, 2012 was a Wednesday.
oh, thanks, but I can't really go back now. there'd be a 9 year time-gap.

7/27/2021
Day 3 (Written in real-time, chronological order.)

I launched the game, continued as Veronica, and saw Isabelle. I got told someone new moved into town today (I already knew who it was, since I read the sign. It was Diva. I had some mail, one from Sly, if you don't remember what I sent him, it was "I kinda don't like you" and he said "Loving your letter, Ladybro!" What an appropriate response to being told that you are disliked. Also, the "Ladybro" doesn't help. One was from Isabelle with wallpaper, And the other was HH showcase and it said practically nothing. I dug up some fossils, pulled some weeds and I was terrified when someone with the name "???" randomly appeared saying "Hellloooooo... I only need a minute or two of your time..." I was not expecting it, at all. He told me he'd be "eternally grateful" if I made my way over there (note: I was walking to the right of the town.) It was obvious he was trying to direct me SOMEWHERE. When I got to the right place, a genie lamp randomly appeared. I had to take the lamp to my near empty house. Someone named "Wisp" came from the lamp, and told me to use an amiibo. I had one, I just needed to find it. Couldn't, so I just left the lamp there for another day. Anyways, I had 15 donations to the museum, and my goal was 20, so I spent a couple minutes trying to find stuff to donate. While fishing, I saw Gulliver on the beach, tried to wake him, didn't work, so I ended up fishing next to a dead man. I found out that the HH showcase was unlocked when I went to donate, told her I didn't want to see her homes, and then ran over to the museum. Once I finished that, I went to the able sisters, sold some stuff, blah blah. The day was rather uneventful, but I will be sure to update if something interesting happens. Hopefully tomorrow has some more stuff todo.

Back