• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Real places with weird names

Lake Titicaca, Peru
Butternuts, New York
Longdong, China
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand (yeah, I can't spell that, so I had to copy/paste it)
Titty-Ho, UK
Dickhardtstraße, Germany
Glasscock, Texas
Horneytown, North Carolina
Nowhere Else, Tasmania/Australia

There are others, some of which sound too vulgar. Even though they're allegedly real locations, the mods would probably take issue with them, so I won't post those.

A big thank you to my friend for showing me most of these!

This isn't a place I've been to nor is it a town but Saskatchewan, Canada. Whenever I see the name I think sasquatch.

Santa Clause, Indiana, it's weird, I went and stayed there before when I lived near there, they have tons of Christmas/Santa stuff, it was pretty cool

There are two places in New Mexico called "Truth or Consequences" and "Elephant Butte". Imagine someone saying they're from one of these places and trying to believe them.

The main local community college’s address is “1 Sesame Street.” I find that amusing.

There was a weird little village somewhat near me years ago called "Happyland". I don't think it exists anymore but I always thought that was weird. I think it was incorporated into one of the surrounding towns a while back. I'd love to live in Happyland! 😂

Oregon has lots of weird place names! Here are just a few:

Idiotville
Boring (I've been there!)
Jennyopolis
Remote

I don't know if this is even appropriate to share here, but...

*****field, a village in England XDDD

Disappointment Islands, Archipelago in French Polynesia XDDDD

Lake Titicaca in South Africa is my favorite XDDDD

I don't know if this is even appropriate to share here, but...

*****field, a village in England XDDD

Disappointment Islands, Archipelago in French Polynesia XDDDD

Lake Titicaca in South Africa is my favorite XDDDD
Disappointment Islands? finally a place i can call home

There's a toilet themed restaurant in Taiwan where your dishes and bowls are literally shaped like sinks or toilets. No thanks!

Also thought of one slightly more kid-friendly (although I'm too used to it lol). There's a town called "Trosa" which is Swedish for (female) panties, lmao.

Not weird but there's a London in Ontario, Canada that throws me off every time I pass through it.

There is a little town near my hometown, called "Martinshaun", which translates to "punch the Martins".. my father is called Martin.
Guess who always got a (light) punch when we drove through that town. 🤭

There's a lot of places with weird names in Australia... Woolongabba comes to mind. Morayfield.. Burpengary.. Deception Bay..

Or back in the USA, in Michigan, there's a place called Hell. Not sure I've been there though!

Not weird but there's a London in Ontario, Canada that throws me off every time I pass through it.
Yeah all these European city names in North America throws me off, mostly cause it seemed very weird when I was a kid, like bruh London is clearly not located there 😂

not sure if it's ever been brought up, but there's a town in pennsylvania called "Intercourse." which i only know about and am constantly reminded of because at my local farmer's market there's a stall with an "I ❤ INTERCOURSE" bumper sticker pinned up. the amish are just like that i guess

Back