• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

R.I.P Kakariko Village

Kabune

Bells
Yesterday, my 3DS died. i had 2, but after my brothers house was broken into, i have only one. Now that one is dead. I had many DSiware and downloadable 3DS games, including my launch-day download of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and recent purchase- Pokemon Rumble Blast. And to top things off, my Limited Edition Project X Zone came in the mail Friday.

6boq.jpg

Kakariko Village was my lucky town, i had Tangy and Scoot. These 2 where my favorites, but as time when on, i grew to love everyone(Except Claudia). I also got luck with "Rare" animals like the purple deer Fushia, and the chocolate covered octopus Zucker(aka Zuckerburg, as i used to call him). The rest of the gang was Cranston, Deena, Quillson, Dora, Harry, and Monique was on her way, but that was on the last day of my town....

HNI_0086.JPG

Kakariko was a Zelda based town, and i found a flag, a town tune, and this Face board all online to show my love for it.
Before the end of my town, i had a nice plan worked out where i would make "Parks" all around town. I got this park done quick because of my Dorian, banana, persimmons, and lemon harvest. I planned to make about 5 parks.

HNI_0003.JPG

A tradition in Kakariko is that of the "Dance party". In order to befriend the Kakarikoian people, you must dance all night long with them. As seen here, me and Tangy have a primitive "shaking of the butts" dance that means long lasting friendship.

HNI_0027.JPG

All in all, i loved Kakariko, and i will miss all my old animal friends, and maybe one day i will see them again in my new town, if i get a new 3ds (probably XL). In total, i just lost around $563.00 worth of games (PSP and 3ds stolen, 2nd 3ds is dead, 2 retail price games, and about 30$ in dsiware and 3ds download games). To end this, here is the very last picture in Kakariko:

HNI_0058.JPG

Goodbye Kakariko!

Dude this is mega sad! Do you not have any warranty on it? That system could not have been that old. And worse case you could send it in for epair to Nintendo. That is a LOT cheaper than getting a new one.

I'm sorry to hear that =( maybe someday if you are getting replacements, another town will be just as good!
Do you have a dream adress? I'd love to visit it now that I still can :)

also, this is why Nintendo really needs a account system for games! a cloud system for save files would be even better~!

Actually i don't have a dream address, and i didn't get a warranty on it. But thanks.

I'm so sorry to hear about that! It's only been a month, you can possibly make a new town if you get a new 3DS :( I wish you the best. Good luck :/

If i'm understanding this correctly you downloaded ACNL on the 3ds that died so it should be on the SD card so maybe Kakariko will live on? :D But really sorry to hear about your other DS getting stolen :/

idk i guess i can try that when i get a new 3DS. I think i can just copy and paste the data to the SD card it comes with?

That's super sad man. Sucks :( Hopefully you do find a way to recover what was lost. Good luck, buddy.

idk i guess i can try that when i get a new 3DS. I think i can just copy and paste the data to the SD card it comes with?

There's a page on the Nintendo website that tells you how to do this: here. You could also see if you could buy a replacement battery from the Nintendo store and see if it will revive your 3DS (if the issue was the battery).

Yeah my bro was shook up like i never seen before, and they took his monitor and keyboard too. Thanks guys Kakariko will live on if i can transfer the data. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Thanks mochi!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok i understand how to do the transfer now! Kakariko will be back when i get my new 3ds! Thanks so much for the support guys and thanks mochi for the info on how to transfer data.

Ok i understand how to do the transfer now! Kakariko will be back when i get my new 3ds! Thanks so much for the support guys and thanks mochi for the info on how to transfer data.

I'm glad I was able to help. :) If you run into anymore issues, there's a customer service number on Nintendo's website and a lot of troubleshoot guides as well which are helpful to check into. I hope everything goes well for you.

I don't think you have to copy or paste depends on if you have the 2GB card though so if you buy a 3DS XL just copy over the games you have on your SD card to the 4gb and use the 2G for extra.

I've always worried about this. In a game that you can spend hundreds or even thousands of hours in, there's not really a good way to keep your save data safe. From my understanding, 3DS game saves are stored on the game cartridges themselves, while streetpass data and such are stored on your SD card.

So there's no real way to keep your save data safe. I could spend 500 hours playing this game, and my cartridge could spontaneously corrupt, or break, or get lost or something.

While there is a Save Data Back-up feature, it only lets you back up save data from downloadable Nintendo 3DS software and most Virtual Console games.

What the Nintendo 3DS desperately needs is a way to take save data from the cartridge and store it on your SD card, and vice-versa. This way, I could back up my Animal Crossing data with my SD card, and if my cartridge ever corrupts, I could get a new game and transfer my save data from the SD card onto the cartridge.

Back