• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Question abt saving/villagers/TTing!!!

koolkat

Nonbinary summer girl 💖
Bells
Cake
Small Mailbox
Hey i havent played for a while and forgot a few things or too i have been scared to go back to play it incase i lose villagers "What you do is write down somewhere when you last played or try to remember, then set your internal clock to that day. Your town should be as you left it and then you can carefully TT one day at a time to get back to the present" (ill try and figure out what was the last time i played by my activity on this site) i was wondering b4 i do this method is there anyway i can load the game up and see if i gained/lost any villagers and if i dont like what i got then just quit the game without saving then do this method or is at as soon an u load the game up does villagers stay?

Thank you!

Please do not quote me on this but I think that doesn't work. TTing back one day still counts as one day.
And I'm positive that as soon as you load your existing character up it is final. No going back.

There is one method you could do to check your villagers but I'm afraid nothing can be changed:
Make a new character.
Get into the town and check your villagers.
Cry.
Close Animal Crossing without saving (so your random new character wont be saved)
Cry again.
Delete your town.

Last edited:
Please do not quote me on this but I think that doesn't work. TTing back one day still counts as one day.
And I'm positive that as soon as you load your existing character up it is final. No going back.

There is one method you could do to check your villagers but I'm afraid nothing can be changed:
Make a new character.
Get into the town and check your villagers.
Cry.
Close Animal Crossing without saving (so your random new character wont be saved)
Cry again.
Delete your town.

Well, you could do that without deleting your town :p Just make sure no houses are missing, and look into each house to make sure no one is packed up.

Yeah, BE SURE to make sure no one is in boxes. That happened to me with Roscoe. I thought everything was fine, and then found out later that he was already in boxes. :c If you do find someone in boxes, try TTing (without saving the new character) to a few days/weeks before you last played. Then ask around for moving rumors, that way probably no one will move out.

ah okay so do I TT few weeks before i stopped playing not on that day? Thank you for the help!!!

I think that as long as you don't load an existing character at a later date (which saves the game) you can go back to the day you last played.

Yesterday, I wanted to "look into the future" to see if someone would move, so I set my system clock ten days in the future, created a new character (so the game doesn't save) and saw that he was gone. Then, I went back to the present and nothing had changed, Al was still there, it was still raining and the shop items were still the same.

Sometimes I also load the game at 5 AM (which counts as the previous day) before loading at 6 AM to make sure no hybrids are in the way of new houses that could appear.

I think that as long as you don't load an existing character at a later date (which saves the game) you can go back to the day you last played.

Yesterday, I wanted to "look into the future" to see if someone would move, so I set my system clock ten days in the future, created a new character (so the game doesn't save) and saw that he was gone. Then, I went back to the present and nothing had changed, Al was still there, it was still raining and the shop items were still the same.

Sometimes I also load the game at 5 AM (which counts as the previous day) before loading at 6 AM to make sure no hybrids are in the way of new houses that could appear.

Ah okay, So I create New player and slowy tt to the present from the last time i played using that charator and when i get to the present do i save with the new player and can i delete them later? sorry for all the questions its been awhile, Thank you�� !!

I usually save with my new character when I'm sure everything is okay. I think that's the right way to do it, but I'm not an expert. However, this is what I look out for:

- Missing houses (easy to spot, that means a villager is gone)
- New houses (means a villager moved in if there was room in your town)
- Villagers in boxes (since you are starting a new character, Isabelle will not warn you that someone is moving, you will have to check by yourself, but it has to be done before you create your house and register your new resident)

When you're done, you can either save your new character or load your old character, but I think you have chances of spawning new villagers if you do the latter. Your new character will be deleted, the only sign that they ever existed will be an ugly brown patch of dirt which will eventually go away :)

Also, if you'd rather TT day by day with your existing character (which saves the game, so you'd have to know the exact date you left since TT backward counts as one day as someone mentionned), and a villager happens to ping you for moving, my understanding is that you can safely travel to the present date without fear of losing anyone if you deny their request.

However, I would rather use the new character method to check if someone is moving in the future because it is safer in my humble opinion :)

I usually save with my new character when I'm sure everything is okay. I think that's the right way to do it, but I'm not an expert. However, this is what I look out for:

- Missing houses (easy to spot, that means a villager is gone)
- New houses (means a villager moved in if there was room in your town)
- Villagers in boxes (since you are starting a new character, Isabelle will not warn you that someone is moving, you will have to check by yourself, but it has to be done before you create your house and register your new resident)

When you're done, you can either save your new character or load your old character, but I think you have chances of spawning new villagers if you do the latter. Your new character will be deleted, the only sign that they ever existed will be an ugly brown patch of dirt which will eventually go away :)

Also, if you'd rather TT day by day with your existing character (which saves the game, so you'd have to know the exact date you left since TT backward counts as one day as someone mentionned), and a villager happens to ping you for moving, my understanding is that you can safely travel to the present date without fear of losing anyone if you deny their request.

However, I would rather use the new character method to check if someone is moving in the future because it is safer in my humble opinion :)

ah okay sorry for asking another question but what exactly is the ping thing? i cant find anything explaing it and when i TT do i have to check every day until i get to the present if a villager is missing? Thank you again :blush:!

"ah okay sorry for asking another question but what exactly is the ping thing? i cant find anything explaing it and when i TT do i have to check every day until i get to the present if a villager is missing? Thank you again !"

(Bump)

Back