• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

I got up for work at 3 AM(Pacific time) and checked out Walmart's website and managed to snag two packs of Series 5.There seems to be a lot more price gouging this time around on sites like eBay than there was for the 2016 Welcome Amiibo release.I got a full set of those without having to pay a hefty extra sum.

I am so stoked!! I preordered from Walmart (two packs) and got them today. I went to couple stores which are Walmart (don't have any in stock) and Target (18 in stock but I'm sure that they are out of stock by time we left the store) and got 2 packs (one limit per person) but I got them because of my family member were with me... then I grabbed one pack from Amazon (will get on Sunday) So excited!! But sadly I have doubles of Judy and Dom... I managed to get fan favorite (I think) which is Sasha and Shino and Ione... and I got all "older" villagers which are Sherb to Reneigh... Can't wait to use them all (actually I already use Tom Nook (423) for Roost) Good luck with those huntings...

My Walmart cards came in, talk about unlucky. Both special characters were unique (Wisp and Niko) but out of the 10 villager cards only one new one (Reneigh), the other 9 were all duplicates

I didn't get the NPC I wanted but on 4 packs, I only got 2 duplicates: Judy and Roswell. I still have a pack to come but I'm a bit scared of more duplicates and not getting the ones I really want. The ratio NPC/villagers is not good with 6 cards packs.

So my local GameStop only had 5 packs to sell and my husband bought 4 of them. /sweats I feel somewhat greedy but others had all day to go in and get them - hubs went after he got off from work!

So I’m happy with the haul. I got :
Sherb
Megan
Dom
Audie
Cyd
Judy
Reneigh
Ione
Shino
Petri
Cephalobot x2
Quinn
Zoe
Ace
Rio
Frett
Azalea
Roswell
Faith
Isabelle
Timmy&Tommy
Tom Nook
Celeste

:love:

I just read your later comment about getting an unlucky draw with plenty duplicates.

If you’re still looking for Ione and Petri, I got two of each that I’m very willing to trade!
I pulled Ione and Petri in my Target packs. it's Marlo (or other SP characters) I'm looking for.

My family member visited 7 Targets and got 4 packs out of them. I'm super glad to have gotten more than I was expecting. I'm hoping there's more restocks in the week like they did with the series 1-4 restocks recently.

Has anyone found any in-store at Walmart, Gamestop or Best Buy? I wonder if it would be worth it to check any of those stores in person.

My family member visited 7 Targets and got 4 packs out of them. I'm super glad to have gotten more than I was expecting. I'm hoping there's more restocks in the week like they did with the series 1-4 restocks recently.

Has anyone found any in-store at Walmart, Gamestop or Best Buy? I wonder if it would be worth it to check any of those stores in person.

My local GameStop had 5 packs, my local Walmart doesn’t even know what amiibo are.:unsure:

two of the gamestops here told us "online only" (sold out ofc), so i was surprised to see others were able to grab some at theirs /jealous.
the store indicator on the walmart website says all my local walmarts are sold out, so i didn't bother.

When I checked on the websites of my local stores, it was written out of stock, not available, but I still got some at the counter (like they are literally hiding them).

Just received my last (US) package from Best Buy. Going to open it later when my husband gets home. We had a lot of fun opening them together!

I was able to score some new Special characters. Only 7 more cards to go and my collection is complete. I did get a lot of dubs. So, I will be doing trades via TBT Post office!

I visited every Gamestop, Target, and Walmart that I could get to. None of them had any in stock...

Apparently there was a bit of shoving and aggressive behavior over the packs at my target so I’m not too hopeful to find any in my area. I managed to get a pack on Amazon. I also preordered a box when preorders first went live for a $100 and It got shipped today. I don’t really care if it takes awhile to get here because I don’t need to have them right away. I also don’t want anything to do with stores if that’s how it’s going to be.

I got incredibly lucky this morning.

I took an early break from work (since I was working today), to bolt to my local Target when they opened. Got there 15 minutes after they opened.

They had 2 packs left, which is fine, because they were 2 per customer.

My pulls weren't bad, either. Got Quinn, Frett, Ace, Chabwick, Ione, Saharah, Judy, Roswell, Tiansheng, Petri, Sasha, and CJ.

Stoked about getting Petri, I REALLY wanted to add her to my island. Sasha, Ione, Judy, and Tiansheng are also cool.

The only thing I could have possibly asked for (well, besides getting more packs), is to have gotten a Raymond card, but that's really it.

So jelly of everyone getting their packs. I wish Target was closer to me...sucks not knowing how to drive :( I managed to snag 1 pack from Amazon today and a few packs from Walmart site yesterday (shipping cost tho x_x)

My best buy (canada) preorder always said earliest delivery date was today, but I just saw it updated to say the earliest delivery date is now Nov 9 😑😑😑😑

Honestly ridiculous, out of all the Canadians I know, maybe only like 1% actually got their preorders today 🙄

I bought three packs from EB Games today, they still had quite a lot of packs left. In the one I've opened so far my three were Mabel, Sasha and Frett.

Oooh! I just decided to check my pre-order from Best Buy Canada one last time tonight, and it has been processed! It'll be here by Wednesday!

Last edited:
Eb Games Canada just sent me an email that the order I placed today has shipped. They're extremely fast compared to BestBuy....

i was first in line at my local target today (everyone was waiting in their cars 20 mins before open, i said f it and just started standing outside; others followed shortly after lol) it was limited to one pack per person. but i got shino on the very first pull and was thrilled. she was the main one i wanted other than judy, but hopefully judy will be in one of the other five packs that are on their way to me :’))

Back