• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Private Island Purchase Idea - Opinions?

JasonBurrows

Bells
Yellow Pansy
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Cake
I read a comment from a user on YouTube that said that the May Day tour island shows the developers can make islands for usage other than materials and we should be able to get our own personal separate islands. I think that is a good idea and I know what should occur.

We should be allowed to buy a private island.

Small Island:
1,000,000 Bells.

Medium Island:
5,000,000 Bells.

Large Island:
10,000,000 Bells.

...and for the super rich

Massive Island:
100,000,000 Bells.

I would pay 100,000,000 Bells to buy an island and especially if I got a holiday villa like in the Nintendo Gamecube version of Animal Crossing.
Sure, I'd only have left myself 460,000,000 Bells, but ehh...

Last edited:
I can barely afford the Large Island. If Nintendo were to implement this (and I am not saying that I am against this) then I am going to have to seriously grind out bells without doing the stalk market (because I never touch that). I am going to have to seriously sell a lot of stuff to Flick and CJ, and even start selling whatever the hot items are each day to Timmy and Tommy.

That Massive Island will be a chore for me to earn, but would probably be worth the effort. I only have about 19,000,000 bells in my ABD right now.

This sounds like a cool idea - it would give people something to strive towards, a reason to spend their bells and a reason to dip back into the stalk market.

That being said, I'd be lying if I said the idea of having more space to decorate didn't fill me with dread lol. I can barely think of things to do on my island as it is right now.

If we're talking seperate islands, I think it would also be neat to add some other visitable places to the airport. I think we can all agree not many people use Harv's Island but making for example a larger town looking place where you can fly to that has villagers living there and what not and maybe some shop type opportunities would be neat. NH has the option of the airport & online play now so I think there's way more content available in that area than only go to each others main island.

Is this like a new game plus kinda thing?
If so, I would love a new island to play on where I get to keep all my stuff, and not delete my island.

I dont know about your prices though as that's more bells than I think I'll ever achieve without cheating

If we're talking seperate islands, I think it would also be neat to add some other visitable places to the airport. I think we can all agree not many people use Harv's Island but making for example a larger town looking place where you can fly to that has villagers living there and what not and maybe some shop type opportunities would be neat. NH has the option of the airport & online play now so I think there's way more content available in that area than only go to each others main island.
That would be amazing! Like some sort of hub, where you can meet different villagers like the campsite but maybe you could do more interesting mini-games with them and get souvenirs. Or maybe a place you could go with friends to play together. It'd be like a mix between Tortimer's island and Main street in NL.

That would be amazing! Like some sort of hub, where you can meet different villagers like the campsite but maybe you could do more interesting mini-games with them and get souvenirs. Or maybe a place you could go with friends to play together. It'd be like a mix between Tortimer's island and Main street in NL.

Maybe you could even pay to have Harv's Island extended (I mean we do see some of his island that is a bit past the fence he has on his island), so I think it would be awesome if we could fully explore and decorate his island (size of his island differs based on which package you purchase from Nook; Small, Medium, Large, or Massive).

Exactly! And that would allow nintendo to introduce some more items/souvenirs and maybe even new NPCs original to NH. I was also randomly thinking about a system where if you would move out a villager from your island, they would wander around maybe for a few days afterwards in that town and you can still talk to them, or if it's the day after the moving out when the plot is still up for sale you can still ask them to move back (if you made a mistake or changed your mind)?

I read a comment from a user on YouTube that said that the May Day tour island shows the developers can make islands for usage other than materials and we should be able to get our own personal separate islands. I think that is a good idea and I know what should occur.

We should be allowed to buy a private island.

Small Island:
1,000,000 Bells.

Medium Island:
5,000,000 Bells.

Large Island:
10,000,000 Bells.

...and for the super rich

Massive Island:
100,000,000 Bells.

I would pay 100,000,000 Bells to buy an island and especially if I got a holiday villa like in the Nintendo Gamecube version of Animal Crossing.
Sure, I'd only have left myself 460,000,000 Bells, but ehh...

Being able to purchase another island is a great idea. I'm curious if there's anything about how the game is programmed that might prevent that, just because we're currently limited to one island per console. I've noticed my frame rate dips a bit when I'm dreaming on someone else's island, so I wonder if the extra island might push the Switch beyond what is can handle.

Being able to purchase another island is a great idea. I'm curious if there's anything about how the game is programmed that might prevent that, just because we're currently limited to one island per console. I've noticed my frame rate dips a bit when I'm dreaming on someone else's island, so I wonder if the extra island might push the Switch beyond what is can handle.
The fram rate dips on others islands are just because they decorated a lot and they switch can't handle it.
If you put a lot on your own island it will do the same.

This is a really good idea. Imagine being able to have 4 or so extra villagers on said private island as well. I feel like this would re-hype a lot of people to come back (at least for a while) and play some more ACNH. Unfortunately though, it's probably a near 0% chance that Nintendo would actually implement something like this..

...we literally don't even have a full upgraded shop...

I love this idea! :)

I really want to have an island expansion for more villager houses. However, I am not optimistic that Nintendo will implement a system like this. :ROFLMAO:

There’s barely enough to decorate or do on one island never mind multiples. It’s a nice idea, but probably not something I’d ever be inclined to use.

Wow A lot of you got a Lot of Bells. I Only got 13 000 000 bells and 800 000 to buy stuff as i stop doing market stuff as i got the stamp and the bells i got allow me to get any new items i spot at nooks and sister. Lately The Prices for the turnmips was higher then 100 so bad luck on me as i like to buy around 90 bells and sell around 500 up. IF they add a other island to the game this will get be back into the stock market game and feel the rush in hunting on the forms to get the big payday.

I think that would be a great idea! First it could be like the cabin from pocket camp where you can store your villagers and design it however you want. Plus, I'd want for the massive island for the ability to add new buildings. I mean, it would look weird if the whole island is just a big island full of villagers. I'd want the private island to have some game arcade place where you and your friends can be at club lol or something and maybe have other games like laser tag. The bell price doesn't bother me as I have way more bells than I know what to do with and the fact summer is coming soon, with the expensive bugs and fish, I think a good time to add this, IF it even happens at all, in the summer.

hm. this is a very nice idea but whether or not i’d actually utilize this feature all depends on what the island’s purpose is. if all it’d be is another thing to decorate, i’d pass as i haven’t even finished decorating the island that i have now. but if it operated like tortimer’s island with summer bugs year-round, mini games, tropical fruit or even the ability to host a villager or two, i’d be all for it!

hm. this is a very nice idea but whether or not i’d actually utilize this feature all depends on what the island’s purpose is. if all it’d be is another thing to decorate, i’d pass as i haven’t even finished decorating the island that i have now. but if it operated like tortimer’s island with summer bugs year-round, mini games, tropical fruit or even the ability to host a villager or two, i’d be all for it!
There is so many ideas I wanted to do on my main island that I cannot do because I have it complete it. That being said having the option to buy a private island for yourself is something that can be really great and it can put your ideas to test to see what you want to do. I know a lot of times we put pressure on ourselves when we try to figure out how we want our ideas to work on the island, but it doesn't work in our favor sometimes.

Me personally I am getting a 2nd switch because I am been craving to make another island with fresh new ideas. I love my main island so much that I don't want to get rid of it because it holds in a special place in my heart. On topic I highly doubt Nintendo would consider this idea. Maybe they could add it in a Paid expansion but who knows at this point, but I do favor the idea though.

Last edited:
This is a cool idea, I hope there will be additional spaces in the future. A little vacation island would be so nice! Especially since it would be great if you could experience new villagers there, kind of similarly to what I had in Pocket Camp I guess where you have the campsite and the cabin, two separate spaces, one being smaller. I would definitely not expect anything close to this anytime soon, they've not even update many of the most basic features nevermind a huge new feature like that. Still, we can dream!!

If it was priced like this I'd definitely not have a very large island. Probably could scrape enough for a large but I'd be so broke after lol. Should I start saving now just in case? 😂

Back