Pokémon Pokkén Tournament: Discussion and Speculation

sceptile confirm

farfetch'd and electrode i think are also support pokemon but who cares

kinda glad we never got him in smash now, he looks really clunky to move around - and finally frontwards facing mega sceptile bless

Last edited:
WOO-HOO!
I'm so glad Sceptile is in. Without a doubt, my favorite Hoenn Pokemon. He's just so fitting for this game, and it's super cool to see him Leaf Blading the hell out of everything. This game can't come any sooner.

these babus have been added as support pokemon

CWRTUPaW4AEVhOq.jpg
CWRTUPmWEAAft-E.jpg

Looking into it, there are a few possibilities. Heracross, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Hitmontop are some of the only remaining Fighting-type Pokemon who aren't in the game. It will probably be Heracross since it's just advertised as one reveal, but who knows, they might surprise us. Might not even be a Fighting-type.

Looking into it, there are a few possibilities. Heracross, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Hitmontop are some of the only remaining Fighting-type Pokemon who aren't in the game. It will probably be Heracross since it's just advertised as one reveal, but who knows, they might surprise us. Might not even be a Fighting-type.

Ya. considering it has a mega evolution it also means it's got more of a chance.
I'd really like to see heracross in the game, but i'd really like to see slowbro (most likely not going to happen tho) and kangaskhan in the game (both have megas and ra in their names)

just doing a quick search, these are the pokemon who have megas and ra in thair jpn name;
- slowbro
- kangaskhan
- gyarados
- aerodactyl
- heracross
- tyranitar
- swampert
- sableye
- aggron
- manectric
- latias
- latios
- groudon

so all of those have a god shot at getting in, too - but just because they have a mega doesn't mean they're gaurenteed to get in, since we have plenty of non mega pokemon.
that said, out of those, i dont think slowbro, gyarados, swampert (since they just revealed sceptile), lati@s, or groudon will be the pokemon in the game. the others have a fair shot at getting in, but i'd say tyranitar and aggron have a lesser shot since dragonite is like 10/10 perfect fighter, but was made a support pokemon - that's just my spec tho.

Now out of pokemon who don't have megas but have ra in their jpn name (not listing every pokemon, just the ones who I see getting in the game);
- kingler
- marrowak
- hitmonlee/chan/top
- granbull (probably my bias talking here)
- raikou (tho i doubt it b/cos suicune)
- flygon (could see this happening to appease to butthurt fans upset over no mega)
- luxray
- rhamprados
- honchcrow (doubtful)
- hydregion (think this might be the same case as aggron + tyranitar)
- tyrantrum

if it's not any of those i'd be pretty surprised (tho i did list the majority of fully evolved pokemon LOL) - i just didn't list legends.

I'm still cringing over the fact another pikachu got put in instead of Hawlucha, looks like our first clone.

Well for it to be a clone it would have to have identical or almost identical moves. Hopefully it'll have more of a fighting stance so a true clone won't be a problem, only perhaps a clone in that it is another pikachu.

CYlNyPqWMAAeVMt.jpg

garchomp, mewtwo and braixen confirmed playable.

none of their japanese names contain the letter ra, so there's still another to come

Wait, why Braixen instead of Delphox? A silly choice tbh.

idk but i prefer braixen over it anyway. delphox looks kinda off anyway, but delhpox also seems like the more obvious choice. braixen is a mid-evolution pokemon which i really didn't think would make it in so i'm much happier about it then delphox. it also opens up the flood gates for more mid-stage pokemon to join the game, instead of final stages, or no evo pokemon (pikachu doesn't count)

wtf enough fire types please

new details + support pokemon revealed

"Some modes have been announced for the Wii U version of Pokk?n Tournament. First is the standard Single Battle, which has three different difficulty levels. Next is the previously announced local battle where one player plays on the GamePad and another with a standard controller. During this mode, the game will run at 30fps rather than the standard 60fps. Finally is the online mode which has rankings and competitions. It also states that you can use a LAN Cable to link two Wii Us"

CYvKbP1WsAEhOOi.jpg
CYvKbRiW8AIncaz.jpg

Last edited:
The proportions are more awkward with delphox. It is easier to animate braixen. I'm sure there is more to it than that though.

Release date is March 18th yeeeeeeeee

This is like a month earlier than I expected. I thought we'd get April.
This meant TP HD, HW Legends, and Pokken (and prob something I'm forgetting) all in March fml

Back