Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

This is probably the first pokemon game since hoenn where I genuinely liked all the starters.

Last edited:
So, by the way, I'm already liking Rowlet. I can't decide on names...

For girl Rowlet it's already decided. Hedwig.
For guy Rowlet I have trouble picking between Coo (Kirby), Owlicious (MLP), or Soren (Gahoole).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, there's Erdamon to consider. Remember Erdamon the Owl Sniper?

Ok first, I hate hate h a t e tropical climates. I would know because I live in a port city in Florida and it's living hell.
That 'big city' they showed in the trailer looks a little sad...
I don't understand all the water starter hate. It's clever (based off the sea lions at the circus I think) and original. Some people are saying that it's the Chespin of this generation, which I guess is true.
The grass starter is basically the pokemon form of Blathers (probably picking it)
The fire starter is quite similar to Fennekin, and to me doesn't look like a Pokemon but idk.
The legendaries are cool but a little over-designed in my eyes. I definitely like the lion more...i think
The alleged professor, "kukui"'s name originates from the state tree of Hawaii, the Kukui tree. It makes sense, but it sounds weird. Something like "Ilex" (another prominent Hawaiian Tree) is much more fitting and less, I don't know, odd...?
Glad to see the return of trainer customization (maybe?)
idk mixed feelings but I'm excited nonetheless

Last edited:
my bf is hoping for his much coveted Ghost/Fighting type (Nightmarchers)
Don't let this give you false hope, but with the 5 Pokemon revealed today there was another name copyrighted about 2 weeks ago. That copyright was "Marshadow". It does kinda sound related.

I just think Popplio is lame. I love the seal styled pokemon like Walrein and Dewgong. But Popplio looks like a joke to me. His nose is literally a party hat. Gtfo clown seal. Gimme dat cute lil edgy furball of fire or that easy, breezy, beautiful Cover-owl.

I LOVE Popplio and Rowlet and The Moon legendary!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

So what secondary type do you think litten and Popplio will get? i think little is gonna get a dark or ghost and Popplio will get ice

A many going with the owl and the game moon...
I'm an one of you guys who agreed :)
I love that owl

Rowlet probably a Grass/Flying type pokemon. i hate that combination
It was confirmed Grass/Flying? The 4x to Ice hurts sure, but I'm gonna rep it.

I LOVE Popplio and Rowlet and The Moon legendary!!!

So what secondary type do you think litten and Popplio will get? i think little is gonna get a dark or ghost and Popplio will get ice
If Litten is Dark it's pretty much Litleo but uglier. Popplio ice is a bit obvious, let's go psychic.

tbh when i first saw popplio I thought he looked like the spawn of disorders and disease but now he's starting to look like a cute little circus seal

i'm still picking Litten

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i'm going with moon because the sun legendary looks like pyroar on steroids

xmvi2w.jpg

o, hello "circus seal"
I knew I've seen this somewhere before!

Last edited:
So am I the only one who hasn't heard anything about the announcement today? No one I follow on Twitter or YouTube has said anything about it.

also i'm going with moon because the sun legendary looks like pyroar on steroids

Sun legendary is what happens when a pyroar and a volcorona love each other very much

Still looks cool but that Moon one is 100%

Tiny birb pokemon is the best starter eeee it's so adorable! I'm probably gonna name it Birb. :>
Also I'm thinking of getting Moon since the legendary looks kinda better than the Sun one... o:

Back