• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

PLEASE HELP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

antlerer

Bells
I tried to change the name of my Mayor and Town name. Using the hex editor
I CORRUPTED MY SAVE :( help please. I tried changing my name of my character and town name back...
No luck.
HELLLLPPP!

- - - Post Merge - - -

BUMP

Hacking talk is a big no-no on these boards...but I did a quick search on this subject and um..I'm sorry to say, it sounds like your town is officially gone. :(

And this, this is why I will never hack. Anything that you use to cheat with the system means corrupting in my own dictionary.

I tried to change the name of my Mayor and Town name. Using the hex editor
I CORRUPTED MY SAVE :( help please. I tried changing my name of my character and town name back...
No luck.
HELLLLPPP!

- - - Post Merge - - -

BUMP

Hex editing and you really didn't backup?

I wouldn't give up now, but since it seems like hacking is pretty condemned here, try going on ACHacks or ACHacking on Reddit.

Hex editing and you really didn't backup?

I wouldn't give up now, but since it seems like hacking is pretty condemned here, try going on ACHacks or ACHacking on Reddit.

I've only been on the forums a few months or so, but it seems it's not so much condemned but more so a "you should know better."

Like, do what you want to enjoy the game as best as you can seems to be the general consensus, but then again, hacking is widely reputed for corrupting games so it's best not to do it, and it generally doesn't garner a whole lot of sympathy.

That said, to antlerer, sorry to hear you lost your game. Should you restart, you'll be able to get a lot of items and stuff back pretty easily on the forums. I've gotten a number of items and dreamies for free because the people are really nice here. And if you post a lot, it's even easily to get stuff since it's something like 100 TBTs for 20mil IGBs.

whenever you try to hack anything, you always make sure you have a save backup. always.
i don't know why everyone would bypass the biggest message ANY site centered around hacking tells you over and over and over again. i'm sure you're upset, but in the end, it's your own fault for taking that risk without thinking about potential outcomes.

I am really sorry you lost your game. I can't even imagine how that must feel. However it happened doesn't really matter. And I don't care if you hacked your own game. What you do with your game is your business. Fortunately, Sansa is right: should you decide to restart, these wonderful forums are a fabulous well of resources for getting yourself back up and running. Hopefully, after some time you will decide to start a new town and it will be even better than before :)

i see my advice wasn't taken but oh well. i suppose you can play however you want but hacking has consequences, especially when you have no clue what files you're messing with. sorry that you lost your game--just know that if you mess with the files on your game that you could potentially brick the cartridge and not be able to use it at all. if you decide to play legit then people will be happy to help trade/etc. there's no use in trying to cheat on acnl when it's much easier [and safer] to play it legit anyway

Last edited:
Under the tick that says show your signature, you can click a box that says lock the thread. Though you need to type something down first, of course!

Im so stupid. Well I cant be bothered making another town so bye TBT.

Excuse me while i be a little harsh. Yes you are stupid, if you're going to hack you should of done some research on it. The programs you use the consequences. You have only yourself to blame.
The game is great, give it a chance without trying to do something illegal like hacking (you can get banned from nintendo from hacking the consequences are worse than just restarting a game you hardly cared about in the beginning). You'll find it's fine without it.

You're not stupid. You made a mistake. Everyone does. I'm sorry about your town. Restarting can be a lot of fun. You get to choose a new map, and meet new villagers. Let me know if you would like Perfect fruit baskets and hybrids. I'm happy to help.

@Great
Thank you soso much for being so generous and you got my hopes up.
You make it sound so fun making a new town!
Ill vm you if I need help! :)

Last edited:
Sounds good. Have fun with your new town. Let me know who your starting villagers are. That's always the fun part when starting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back