• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

I want to play this game so bad, but i dont want to pay like $40 for the game and then like $6 for each dlc episode ugh

capcom is so freaking greedy they annoy me so much

its 30 but ik wat u mean. plus like a dollar for costumes

I'm halfway the third case (halfway as in 'starting the second day in court'). After I finish it, I'm going to play the DLC episode. I've read it should be played before the final case, because there's some kind of twist or spoiler, so I'll be doing that. :)

I finished the third case and it was awesome! I needed to look up what to do twice, though, because I just wasn't seeing it (only to find I was rather close; either I was presenting the right evidence but on the wrong statement, or the wrong evidence but on the right statement). So many twists and turns, I was constantly wondering "What next?" and I wasn't disappointed at all. It was a great case and story (even though at some times I thought my head was going to explode, LOL). I'm liking the characters more and more and I was pleasantly surprised with Blackquill. I'm definitely looking forward to finding out what happens next, though I've decided to play the next case (actually the DLC one) next weekend, if I don't want to be a zombie at work again, haha.
I should have seen it coming much sooner who the culprit was with all that "the end justifies the means", though. I only thought it was him when it was revealed the balcony had been empty. Until then I had been suspecting poor Myriam!

And I just ordered the Apollo Justice game. Yeah, that means I'll be totally playing them out of order, but I'm hoping the 3DS version of the trilogy will come to Europe, so I'm going to wait for that. ;)

I finished the third case and it was awesome! I needed to look up what to do twice, though, because I just wasn't seeing it (only to find I was rather close; either I was presenting the right evidence but on the wrong statement, or the wrong evidence but on the right statement). So many twists and turns, I was constantly wondering "What next?" and I wasn't disappointed at all. It was a great case and story (even though at some times I thought my head was going to explode, LOL). I'm liking the characters more and more and I was pleasantly surprised with Blackquill. I'm definitely looking forward to finding out what happens next, though I've decided to play the next case (actually the DLC one) next weekend, if I don't want to be a zombie at work again, haha.
I should have seen it coming much sooner who the culprit was with all that "the end justifies the means", though. I only thought it was him when it was revealed the balcony had been empty. Until then I had been suspecting poor Myriam!

you're getting to the fourth/fifth cases, which have the best character in them :))

actually in the north american version, there's a glitch where he has the staff when you first meet him. he's not supposed to have it since he tied it with the body
but i kinda knew it was him since he was so creepy and ugh i hated him

actually in the north american version, there's a glitch where he has the staff when you first meet him. he's not supposed to have it since he tied it with the body
but i kinda knew it was him since he was so creepy and ugh i hated him

I just checked (because I couldn't remember) and in my version he has the staff as well. I'm guessing there's no difference between the NA and EU version? Good point, though; I hadn't thought about that. ^_^'

As to why I didn't realize sooner it was him; well, two reasons. The first one is that in the first and second case we're shown who the culprit is before the case starts. So I thought that it was either Junie, Robin or Hugh since they are shown in the opening sequence (keep in mind that this is my first Ace Attorney game; I wasn't sure how it worked exactly, I thought I was supposed to figure out who of the three had done it). The second reason is that even though at some point I began to realize that maybe it was neither Junie, Robin nor Hugh, Professor Means seemed too obvious, if that made sense. And then there's also the tape recorder, so that seemed to hint at Myriam being the culprit. Hence why I suspected her (poor Myriam!).

The game does an awesome job of making you (well; me ^_~) run around in circles. Each time you think you're close to the truth, something happens and off we go in a completely different direction! I think that's brilliant, though! Like I said; I loved the story and I'm looking forward to the rest of the game. ^_^

I can definitely say that I have no regrets whatsoever having bought this game. It's totally worth its money and I'm glad I decided to give it a try! <3

Oh, and Athena's comment towards Apollo about him being into bondage was totally awesome. ^o^ As well as Athena posing as the statue; I totally love her for that!

I just checked (because I couldn't remember) and in my version he has the staff as well. I'm guessing there's no difference between the NA and EU version? Good point, though; I hadn't thought about that. ^_^'

As to why I didn't realize sooner it was him; well, two reasons. The first one is that in the first and second case we're shown who the culprit is before the case starts. So I thought that it was either Junie, Robin or Hugh since they are shown in the opening sequence (keep in mind that this is my first Ace Attorney game; I wasn't sure how it worked exactly, I thought I was supposed to figure out who of the three had done it). The second reason is that even though at some point I began to realize that maybe it was neither Junie, Robin nor Hugh, Professor Means seemed too obvious, if that made sense. And then there's also the tape recorder, so that seemed to hint at Myriam being the culprit. Hence why I suspected her (poor Myriam!).

The game does an awesome job of making you (well; me ^_~) run around in circles. Each time you think you're close to the truth, something happens and off we go in a completely different direction! I think that's brilliant, though! Like I said; I loved the story and I'm looking forward to the rest of the game. ^_^

I can definitely say that I have no regrets whatsoever having bought this game. It's totally worth its money and I'm glad I decided to give it a try! <3

Oh, and Athena's comment towards Apollo about him being into bondage was totally awesome. ^o^ As well as Athena posing as the statue; I totally love her for that!

if you like this game, you'd love the other ones since they have more plot twists and stuff (in my opnion)
but anyone that likes ace attorney should definitely play ghost trick! it's a pretty short game but it's well worth the time since it's story is really well written, and the puzzles are really fun

and yes athena is a cutie. i hope she appears in the upcoming aa game

one more thing : this tumblr au is super cute (some character spoilers)

anyone that likes ace attorney should definitely play ghost trick! it's a pretty short game but it's well worth the time since it's story is really well written, and the puzzles are really fun

Like, I couldn't more agree with that. Ghost Trick is a must play :c

but anyone that likes ace attorney should definitely play ghost trick! it's a pretty short game but it's well worth the time since it's story is really well written, and the puzzles are really fun

Hm, yeah, that does look interesting! Thanks for suggesting it! However, for the time being I'm going to put it on my wish-list. I've bought too many games in too little time and my credit card isn't entirely happy with that, LOL.

I bought myself Dual Destinies as a Christmas present back in December, and really enjoyed it! I've been heavily into the Ace Attorney series going on 5 years, and I've always been a really big fan of Maya Fey, but when I first heard they were replacing her as Phoenix's assistant I was a bit upset, but I actually really ended up enjoying Athena Cykes and would love to see her (and hopefully Maya) in the other games! I'm happy that Pearl was featured in it and Maya was mentioned.

I want to play this game so bad, but i dont want to pay like $40 for the game and then like $6 for each dlc episode ugh

capcom is so freaking greedy they annoy me so much

wha-wait?!!! I thought dlc is free for download? O.O OMG THEY MUST BE MONEY SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!! ><

- - - Post Merge - - -

I bought myself Dual Destinies as a Christmas present back in December, and really enjoyed it! I've been heavily into the Ace Attorney series going on 5 years, and I've always been a really big fan of Maya Fey, but when I first heard they were replacing her as Phoenix's assistant I was a bit upset, but I actually really ended up enjoying Athena Cykes and would love to see her (and hopefully Maya) in the other games! I'm happy that Pearl was featured in it and Maya was mentioned.

I think the same with you at the beginning xD but I grew to like Athena alot and she is cute with her funny clumsy characteristic xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like, I couldn't more agree with that. Ghost Trick is a must play :c

My friend introduced me this game and I fall in love in their pixel and totally love the character movement >< abit slow but amaze me alot! I wish there is Ghost Trick 2 coming out in 3ds~~

- - - Post Merge - - -

And......I have this question been wanting to ask, I just recently bought the game and now in the episode 2, but I am wondering...the coming episode will not reveal the killer at the beginning right? >< I thought it only happen on the first but the second too..so kinda lost the fun and mystery (yet still gonna continue playing!) just hope in my coming episode no killer will be find out til the very end o.o

I think the same with you at the beginning xD but I grew to like Athena alot and she is cute with her funny clumsy characteristic xD

Yeah! Honestly I was about the same when it came to Apollo Justice, I was kinda iffy on him at first but I've really grown on the character and i love him just as much as the others

Hmm, I'm thinking of buying this one day.

You really should.

--

Finally completed my AA games 8D My Gamestop finally had Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney which I've been hunting for ages but the ones available were like 80 miles away := I was only able to play it on my phone but the ios version was still really good. I didn't know about the Trilogy??? I saw it on App Store but didn't bother, I didn't think it was legit because it didn't look like it was anything :[ Also because the first one was like $5 so I didn't think they would make a trilogy for free >: Thought it was a joke ugh but oh well it's still beast to own and support it and stuff.

Anyway Dual Destinies is amazing, I love Athena and Blackquil omfg AA never fails to create such amazing characters man. I can't wait for the Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright but Dec 2014?? Really now?????????

the coming episode will not reveal the killer at the beginning right?

You'll have to play to find out, but I wouldn't worry about it; that episode is full of twists and surprises and I really enjoyed playing it!

I'll be playing the DLC episode this weekend. I'm only going to play during the weekends to avoid being a zombie at work, haha.

And I'm waiting for my copy of Apollo Justice to arrive (probably tomorrow or so). I'll definitely get the trilogy at some point, but like I said before; I'm really hoping the 3DS remake will come to Europe and I'll be getting that version then!

maya is such a cutie and i was sad at first she wasn't in dd but now i don't care as much
i mean i'd still like to see an older maya but with characters like athena and blackquill, i can't really complain

but honestly i was a bit disappointed with pearl's design like
all they did give her a fringe of hair in the front. that's it i mean they could have been a bit more creative with the hairstyle or even her clothes

Pearl had grow up to be such a beauty~ I haven't yet see her in my game only trailer~

I tried to download the demo of this but it won't let me because I signed up for the nintendo id thing with my real age. -_- So sad. :(

Ahh I loved this game so much! I'm so so happy that Edgeworth is back! (possible spoiler)

I really loved Phoenix's new look, too! So great.

Ugh I have yet to play the DLC case 'cause I keep forgetting to buy the nintendo store credit. I wish we didn't have to buy the DLC cases separately..

Back