• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

I think the my only real issue with the third case was that...
It was too obvious as to who the culprit was. How could someone who harps on about "winning by any means!" not be at the very least be an accomplice to the murder?

His transformation and breakdown were pretty great, though.

Agree. The culprit was too obvious.

I just finished the game yesterday. The final case was ... just wow.

My friend loves this series (and for good reason, I see). I'm looking to get into it, but I have a tight budget and they are hard to get in Australia or PAL format cheap. Basically, I don't want to get all of them at once and would like to skip some if they aren't essential.

Currently, I looking at buying:
Bundle A (highest priority): #1 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, #3 Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations
Bundle B (maybe for Christmas or something): #4 Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, #5 Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
Bundle C (looking to skip): #2 Ace Attorney: Justice for All & Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Any feedback from the professionals? :p

The ending of the 5th is simply... wow.

The final Objection, the credits, the cutscenes, aw man....

My friend loves this series (and for good reason, I see). I'm looking to get into it, but I have a tight budget and they are hard to get in Australia or PAL format cheap. Basically, I don't want to get all of them at once and would like to skip some if they aren't essential.

Currently, I looking at buying:
Bundle A (highest priority): #1 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, #3 Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations
Bundle B (maybe for Christmas or something): #4 Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, #5 Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
Bundle C (looking to skip): #2 Ace Attorney: Justice for All & Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Any feedback from the professionals? :p

get the first three games and then later bundle b. trust me, apollo justice is much more enjoyable after playing the original trilogy.
but since jfa isn't in bundle a, and the last case of it is amazing, i'm tempted to say get bundle b.

aaaaand dual destinies is downloading right now!! so excited to finally play it!!

Last edited:
get the first three games and then later bundle b. trust me, apollo justice is much more enjoyable after playing the original trilogy.
but since jfa isn't in bundle a, and the last case of it is amazing, i'm tempted to say get bundle b.

aaaaand dual destinies is downloading right now!! so excited to finally play it!!
Have fun Ath- I mean Volvagia.

So maybe:
Bundle A (highest priority): #1 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, #2 Ace Attorney: Justice for All, #3 Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations
Bundle C (looking to skip): Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

I just finished the game yesterday, and I can confidently say that this is one of the best games I've ever played.
On another note, I play through the whole game with Athena in her DLC costume. I can't see her without it anymore. :p

Why are you guys putting the Miles Edgeworth game on the bottom tier? I thought that it was really good... Especially the last case.

Why are you guys putting the Miles Edgeworth game on the bottom tier? I thought that it was really good... Especially the last case.

I have to play Miles Edgeworth game 2 times to like it. The first time playing it, it was really hard :eek: I have to read walkthrough multiple times.

A lot of people have told me it is the weakest game and least important?

I have to play Miles Edgeworth game 2 times to like it. The first time playing it, it was really hard :eek: I have to read walkthrough multiple times.
Hmm.

I've just realised that the DS games aren't region locked, so now I can get them cheap on Amazon (curse you, international shipping). I might end up getting 1, 2, 3 and Miles Edgeworth in one go and then get Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies later. Or if I can convince my parents, I'll buy everything except for DD, and get that later with PL vs PW.

omg case 3 guise

okay i knew the culprit was mr. means from the start. I CALLED IT.
but dang, robin being a girl? and hugh being 25? i didn't see that coming (i kinda hoped that robin would be a boy that liked girly clothes tho. but she's cute so it's alright)
and juniper x hugh is so cute !!! i ship it (why did she have to have a crush on apollo though...)

and i started case 4

character development man. APOLLO HAD A FRIEND
(it's great to know since... you know... we practically knew nothing about apollo's life before law in his OWN game.)
but seriously why did clay have to die. he was apollo's bff and a cutie :'(

i feel like the last case won't be as overwhelming since i accidentally saw spoilers for it.. sigh

omg case 3 guise

okay i knew the culprit was mr. means from the start. I CALLED IT.
but dang, robin being a girl? and hugh being 25? i didn't see that coming (i kinda hoped that robin would be a boy that liked girly clothes tho. but she's cute so it's alright)
and juniper x hugh is so cute !!! i ship it (why did she have to have a crush on apollo though...)

and i started case 4

character development man. APOLLO HAD A FRIEND
(it's great to know since... you know... we practically knew nothing about apollo's life before law in his OWN game.)
but seriously why did clay have to die. he was apollo's bff and a cutie :'(

i feel like the last case won't be as overwhelming since i accidentally saw spoilers for it.. sigh

Case 3 - It's not shocking that Prof Means was the culprit (it was obvious), what's shocking is Robin being a girl and Hugh being 25 hahaha! I love Juniper's reaction when she's talking about Apollo (soooo cute!) Robin is simply adorable.

Last edited:
Details for the DLC case have just been announced. "Turnabout Reclaimed" will be released on November 21 for €4.99 / $5.99 / ?3.99.

The price is a bit higher than my cheapskate self would have wanted, but I've heard nothing but good things about the case, so I'll definitely be picking it up.

Last edited:
Details for the DLC case have just been announced. "Turnabout Reclaimed" will be released on November 21 for €4.99 / $5.99 / ?3.99.

The price is a bit higher than my cheapskate self would have wanted, but I've heard nothing but good things about the case, so I'll definitely be picking it up.

i put $40 in my account so i have a bit more than $6 left. hopefully i still have enough with taxes.

i JUST beat the game

HOW DID I NOT REALIZE BOBBY WAS SUSPICIOUS
i mean the fact that he didn't fear blackquill and his fake happiness
/i literally had my mouth open when the game got to this revelation

and wow i love athena sooo much.
and breaking her black psyche locks was a great moment in the case

im still upset over clay tho
like wow we finally find out apollo has a friend but nope HE DIES.

i JUST beat the game

HOW DID I NOT REALIZE BOBBY WAS SUSPICIOUS
i mean the fact that he didn't fear blackquill and his fake happiness
/i literally had my mouth open when the game got to this revelation

and wow i love athena sooo much.
and breaking her black psyche locks was a great moment in the case

im still upset over clay tho
like wow we finally find out apollo has a friend but nope HE DIES.

Apollo was never meant to be a popular guy. Seriously, he had "horns" when he was in school.

I'm a bit annoyed that the price is a dollar higher than I anticipated. I thought it would be $4.99. I'm short by $0.98 and that means spending more for a prepaid card (I think the lowest one is $10) just so I can get one extra dollar to buy the DLC case. >_<

Back