• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Orchard question

Cottonball

#1 Sasaeng fan
Bells
Switch
0486-9372-0613
Mom's Plush
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange Mote of Flame
Red Candy
One of my trees in the middle of one of the rows wont grow!
I've tried 2 times and I don't know why it wont work. Its in a row of 3x4 and its the 2nd row 3rd tree.

Sometimes if you have a lot of trees that were planted around the same time, there will be some that won't grow. The only method I've seen to combat this is to chop down ALL of your current trees and plant them one at a time, one per day. I had to do this with some bushes in my last town. You may even want to wait for your last tree to be fully grown before you plant the next one, but I don't remember whether or not I had to do that or not.

Sometimes if you have a lot of trees that were planted around the same time, there will be some that won't grow. The only method I've seen to combat this is to chop down ALL of your current trees and plant them one at a time, one per day. I had to do this with some bushes in my last town. You may even want to wait for your last tree to be fully grown before you plant the next one, but I don't remember whether or not I had to do that or not.

Oh damn okay thanks!

I think you just need to chop down that row of trees, so the sapling isn't completely crowded, and then replant trees one at at time, day after day. Same thing goes with bushes.

The Animal Crossing wikia has a nicely worded paragraph on this page about tree placement in relation to successful growth:

"Trees must be planted in the center of a 3x3 square of land that does not contain any other tree saplings or impassable objects, with the exception of bushes. Trees will also fail to grow if there are already too many saplings and trees in the vicinity. Trees that fail to grow become wilted saplings the next day, which then disappear the day after."

Trees can't be in the shadows of buildings, on cliffs (I'm fairly sure), or next to any part of the outer limits of town.

Also relevant: I had forgotten the rules for planting trees and planted an apple orchard but the next day all I got was a graveyard. Very tragic ;^;

The Animal Crossing wikia has a nicely worded paragraph on this page about tree placement in relation to successful growth:

"Trees must be planted in the center of a 3x3 square of land that does not contain any other tree saplings or impassable objects, with the exception of bushes. Trees will also fail to grow if there are already too many saplings and trees in the vicinity. Trees that fail to grow become wilted saplings the next day, which then disappear the day after."

Trees can't be in the shadows of buildings, on cliffs (I'm fairly sure), or next to any part of the outer limits of town.

Also relevant: I had forgotten the rules for planting trees and planted an apple orchard but the next day all I got was a graveyard. Very tragic ;^;

I hate when that happens!!!

Back