• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Opinions on "Soft Resetting" your island *if* it were possible...

Would you choose to soft reset your island if it were possible?

• Total voters
I mean, why not, sounds like a nice option, which I may would use at some point if I want to restart again.

Sure. Considering I already reset my 600+ hour island, why not? It’s just I was going for a complete redesign and it’ll take me so much bells and time if I just tear everything down and redo it rather than just having someone keep my stuff and starting from scratch. I do wish the sell town / island option will return to NH also so we could start fresh with our filled up catalogs and bells. I think we need this feature now more than ever since it’s only one island per console.

Would be nice if they added something like in ACNL where you could keep bells and catalog

Yes definitely! The main things that stops me from resetting my island are the villagers, items, known diy recipes, and the fact that it was the town I started on when the game launched. There are somethings I really like about my island, but I feel like resetting sometimes and starting fresh. I also sort of miss how the game felt when it first started -- simpler I guess. I wish we were able to create more islands on one console!

interesting concept. even if this was possible I would not reset because I like working with the random map that was giving to me when I first started the game :)

I'm just now getting to the point where I am starting to like my island, so I probably wouldn't reset. I would be interested in messing around with a new layout, but not at the expense of my current one.

Back