• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was definitely planning on Mini-ing it.

Would you all be interested in it? Do you think there are any major problems translating from IRC to forum?

I'm debating whether I should do a closed set-up of it or not.

I was definitely planning on Mini-ing it.

Would you all be interested in it? Do you think there are any major problems translating from IRC to forum?

I'm debating whether I should do a closed set-up of it or not.

Which one is the insane set-up, again?

It's the one that can have any role that is programmed into the bot.

So stuff like Shuffler, Angel, Mystery roles, Amnesiacs, ascetics, etc

tumblr_n33o2hLlsN1tu7965o1_500.gif

Official banlist should be in this thread too. Let's christen it with a ban

iLoveYou, 2 game ban.
Play to win.
That said, you should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and ban. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...ending-Day-1&p=2718583&viewfull=1#post2718583

Official banlist should be in this thread too. Let's christen it with a ban

iLoveYou, 2 game ban.

I'm okay with this. I know I told you this but I am really sorry if I disrespected your game in the Mafia quicktopic. There were better ways I could have voiced my opinion on the whole thing.

I think future hosts should re-consider an open setup (specific names of roles) with a confirmed Town player. Maybe toy around with it, or change it up even more. This is because Town was basically given 17 confirmed blue roles to target a slightly smaller group of Townies. It's too powerful, in my opinion, to pitch against a group of 6 Mafia players who all have to hide somehow. I was a huge fan of Town having one confirmed innocent. It reminded me of the Masons which I loved. <3 The only thing that really bothered me was that Town also had specific names to roleclaim to put them in the clear / confirm them right away. Usually Mafia teams rely on Nights passing by for blues to confirm themselves to Town and I feel like that balances a lot out.

Truffles actually caught 4/6 Mafia on day one due to the roleclaims (not including LittleBeary - she was the 5th by herself) & he was getting ready to post against me first, then the rest of them. He explained it to me after we were both dead. It wasn't just me who got caught in the end.

I'm not complaining, I'm simply providing feedback for this setup by the way. :'P

Last edited:
How hard is the TBT Mafia, and how often do arguements start? I hope I can join the game sometime and see what's the fuss all about.

How hard is the TBT Mafia, and how often do arguements start? I hope I can join the game sometime and see what's the fuss all about.

How hard? That depends... Town and mafia both have it hard. Town because they have to figure out who's mafia-which if the mafia players are pretty good that can be a tall order-and mafia because they have to pretend to be pro-town and not be figured out.

Oh, and arguments can randomly occur... We call it salt, though. Lel but really there aren't that many arguments

Username: Justin
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 7
Game Type: Mini Mafia
Game Theme: Disney Villains
Game Setup Notes: Closed setup, mostly basic roles with a few special ones, no item or currency mechanics.

As a note, there's still an open Main game and an open Mini game slot on the list for anyone who wishes to sign up and meets the requirements!

Username: Justin
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 7
Game Type: Mini Mafia
Game Theme: Disney Villains
Game Setup Notes: Closed setup, mostly basic roles with a few special ones, no item or currency mechanics.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Username: Tom
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 8 if I counted correctly, plus 2 hosted
Game Type: Main Mafia
Game Theme: Person of Interest
Game Setup Notes: Currently toying with two scum teams, a third party and open setup. Setup subject to change due to placement on list. :)

amidoingitrite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back