• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Nooks Cranny CANT UNLOCK HELP

Berginke

Bells
Hi all,

I cannot for the life of me Unlock nooks Cranny.
I have paid off my 5000 miles for settlement. I have paid off my house. I’m now lying off my first extension and Tom Nook STILL hasn’t asked me to help him build. I have built the museum and have loads of things donated. I’ve visited loads of islands and invited islanders to live on my island. What am I doing wrong?
Any help appreciated I’m tearing my hair out.
😊

Hi all,

I cannot for the life of me Unlock nooks Cranny.
I have paid off my 5000 miles for settlement. I have paid off my house. I’m now lying off my first extension and Tom Nook STILL hasn’t asked me to help him build. I have built the museum and have loads of things donated. I’ve visited loads of islands and invited islanders to live on my island. What am I doing wrong?
Any help appreciated I’m tearing my hair out.
😊
I think it is Tommy (The one in resident services) is the one who asks you to build and not Tom Nook

Hi
I think it is Tommy (The one in resident services) is the one who asks you to build and not Tom Nook

Thanks for your reply, I have asked them all 😭 the only thing I can think is that my son and husband both have accounts on AC on this switch too and they’re not playing it actively like I am. I’ve logged into their accounts to see if the option will be offered to them but no 😭

I think I unlocked nooks cranny after paying off my second house instalment? (i'm not 100% sure though) I also think you have to buy a lot of stuff from resident services!
also pro tip: start getting iron now, i didn't and it took me ages to build aha

You should be able to unlock Nook's Cranny if you talk to Tommy... Because I remember being asked to find a spot for it as soon as my house was built.

Have you been buying items from Timmy everyday? You need to have spent 70,000 bells to start the process.
This is for the expansion of Nook's Cranny, not opening the shop.

Since you mentioned your family playing, too, are you the represent rep, as in the person who started the island? If not, then it would be tied to whoever is the rep and them paying off their first loan, I imagine.

Thanks for your reply, I have asked them all 😭 the only thing I can think is that my son and husband both have accounts on AC on this switch too and they’re not playing it actively like I am. I’ve logged into their accounts to see if the option will be offered to them but no 😭

Who is the Island Rep? You, your husband, or your son? They will need to be the one who does it, and will need to be the one to qualify.

There are only 2 requirements

1. Pay off your tent.
2. Be on the first day of owning a house.

I heard that’s it not based on what you buy. It’s 28 days. I bought over 100,000 on day 25 and nothing, day 28 hit and it unlocked

Thanks for reply!
Who is the Island Rep? You, your husband, or your son? They will need to be the one who does it, and will need to be the one to qualify.

There are only 2 requirements

1. Pay off your tent.
2. Be on the first day of owning a house.
We have all paid off our tents and they’re both awaiting houses to be built!
Post automatically merged:

Hi
This is for the expansion of Nook's Cranny, not opening the shop.

Since you mentioned your family playing, too, are you the represent rep, as in the person who started the island? If not, then it would be tied to whoever is the rep and them paying off their first loan, I imagine.

thanks for replying! We have all paid off our tents 😭 I’ll have to delete the lads 😂
Post automatically merged:

I think I unlocked nooks cranny after paying off my second house instalment? (i'm not 100% sure though) I also think you have to buy a lot of stuff from resident services!
also pro tip: start getting iron now, i didn't and it took me ages to build aha

hah thanks for the tip 😂

Ah guys... I can’t unlock it I’ve been at it all day 😭 I’m a week in to the game and day in day out I’ve nothing to do, no progression it’s wrecking my head 😭 I’ve deleted son and husband as they have their own consoles and don’t play mine now anyway. Still nothing. I don’t know what I’m gonna do it’s so annoying! Thanks for the help though much love x

You should be prompt a little 'cutscene' the next time you enter the Resident Services tent the day after you paid off the initial 5,000 Miles loan, it will involve Tommy talking with Tom Nook, and the next time you speak to Tommy he'll ask you about it and you can choose to listen to him or go to the typical shopping. If you declined to listen to him, he should have a new option to select about what he wanted to ask you.

Have You asked Tom Nook what you should do? To get the upgrade, it involves turning in a lot of resources. Maybe you've already started the quest?

I’ve just shot myself in the foot by deleting sons account. I’ve to start the game all over again I want to cry. 😭

Back