• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Nookazon Auction Help

Arisa_Marie

Bells
So I placed an auction (Which I have done before) and at the end, Nookazon notified my saying it was over and to contact the winner, which I did (They were the only person that I was able to accept an offer) and about 5 minutes after the winner and I made contact/opening my island for the trade. I got 1 star review from someone I never traded with before saying that they won an auction and I completely ignored them and sold it to someone else when I didnt and I got no message or info that I did. at the end of an auction I'm only able to accept the Winning bid and they were Not the winning bid. Now I did give them a review telling them this and telling them what they bid and what the winning bid was (There was about a 50,000 bell difference). I also told them that when you get outbid and the auction is over Nookazon's website coding declines ALL the out-bided offers, I don't to anything, Not only that but I can't decline a winning bidder! I also mentioned that blaming me and writing a bad review on anyone's page Without getting all the information/Making 100% sure, when its the programed website coding was a little petty.

I do have a screenshot of the entire bidding page that shows this user did not win + their review and my review (time stamps shown if needed).

My question is that I don't think this is reportable thing under Nookazon's terms and guide lines (and if it is I'm not sure thats the best route to take). and only a block kind of thing and I'm very anxious to message them to try to short all of this out. I just wanted to know (have new eyes and a fresh level head) to what I should do? My anxiety levels are high enough with adding a misunderstanding. Hope someone please helps/gives me some options.

Nookazon is in general imo a bit strange when it comes to such situations. I would recommend to contact someone from the Nookazon staff and explain them what happened, perhaps they are able to remove the review or can give you a tip of what to do. Otherwise, try to contact the person who left the 1-star review and explain again the situation. Maybe they understand it and change/delete the review on their own. Or just ignore it at all, one bad review shouldn't stop you from trading there again.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience on Nookazon. I’ve only used it a few times, so I’m not aware of all the rules and guidelines, but I’m fairly certain what they did violates the rules. You can still contact someone from the site and explain what happened. I wouldn’t recommend retaliating though. That wouldn’t solve anything and you’d only be stooping you their level. By retaliation, I am referring to you leaving a bad review in return. I would just contact the staff on that site and calmly explain what happened.

As someone who has to deal with 1 star reviews myself on that site, its best to report them to the moderators and tell them the situation. I should warn you that they make take up to a week or 2 to respond. When they do you have to explain to them what happened and show the screenshots as proof of what the person said in the review. Also double check to make sure if they try to make any edits to their review (Trust me some people try to cover up what they said) and send it to the moderator so that way they will look into it.

I gotta say after not using that site for so long its really sad how some people on that site really are rude and it makes people like myself not want to trade with them. It really bothers me when they have their status "Online" but they never respond in like 30 minutes. One time I had to reject someone's offer because they took too long to respond and I got a 1 star rating saying "very rude for declining my offer" when they haven't responded back to me. I know the feeling of having to deal with these people. Thats why I quit that site for good because it was a damage to my mental health last year.

Back