Member of Squirtle Squad
Bells
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Is there anyone on here that plans on keeping their town a path free town? I've seriously tried paths and my town just looks too cramped and terrible. I think it's beautiful the way it is, with more greenery ^-^ I just kinda sort out trees/bushes/flowers so it looks orderly.:cool:

I really have seen some amazing paved towns, and I get that it's great for visitors, but my town specifically just isn't good for paths.

Oh...and I'm too lazy to do paths. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Last edited:
I am the exact same way. Pathed towns look amazing, but its just not something I want to do. I've also tried it before but its just not for me.

I'll be posting my dream address in a day or two, after some more landscaping, if you'd like to visit ^.^

I have paths in my town because I just think it's easier to get around that way without having to worry about destroying flowers, but I helped landscape my friend's town who refuses to use paths, and we were able to do some cool stuff there that I can't do in my town because I don't have the space with my paths.

I do have a second town where I plan on doing paths just because I haven't messed around with the trees much yet. I really do like paved towns but the way I made my first town look, it just doesn't seem like the town for paths.

I recently was in someone's town doing a trade, and she knew where her invisible "path" was, but I did not. So I'm walking really slowly to make sure I don't run over flowers. And she seemed mad I was slow. I was just being careful. :(

I love the look of no paths.
But when people come over I love having paths to guide them where to go.

I think that the paths make a great order in a town, but talking about the view, i think that depends of the design.

Imo, I like pathes because it sorta gives it a balance and I hate it when people walk every where unless I let them. Anyways, some of the pathes out there are cute~

i can't use paths cause i don't like that they look so unnatural on the stone graphic the game has to start with. it looks ok on actual grass though. but i just outline natural paths using trees and flowers and mushrooms. looks nicer that way in my opinion. i've seen some nice path towns too. i guess it all depends how well you do it

I just have dirt paths (which are outlined with foliage) which I prefer in EVERY WAY to pattern paths (it's easier, natural, and simpler)

i have a cute pink path, except it is REALLY annoying when a villager moves by the river, or "cliff" by the ocean, because then you have to compromise how you make your path there, if you know what i mean, and i'm NOT into house resetting or whatever, so i just kinda... go with the flow there. idk. i think paths are nice and orderly, help you know where to go and where not to go. but i hate how weird they look in the aforementioned circumstances :(

The way my town is structured with the PWP and houses, there's not much room for putting trees or bushes/flowers next to paths. I also put flowers in between trees or near PWP so that no one runs over them. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some awesome path towns but I like the look of the grass and I don't want to cover it up in my town.

I like my paths, but the longer I play my game, the more time I think about how I'm going to landscape. It's come to my attention that the very neat natural paths that have formed under my paths look pretty nice. My plaza's also covered with patterns, but I miss the cobblestone. As I begin landscaping, I might minimize my paths to random stepping stones or even remove them all together.

I have paths in my town, and like them. However, I think I'm going pathless in my second town. It's just a weeding town now, but once I'm finished with that, I'm going to reset and make it a very natural town.

I did paths when I was going for a more "offical" look. and in the open spaces I did different flower combos. Now I'm switching over to a natural flow :] I think both can turn out super cute :p

Even without paths my town is still pretty organized. The trees are lined up and in groups, nothing's scattered, except for those freakin rocks -_-

I wanna do paths but my villagers that have moved in settled in the worst spots possible, I wish I knew how to plot reset when I started out!!!

I had stepping stones previously and didnt like them now I just have clovers and dirt paths looks much better

Back