• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

No one is moving out!

okaimii

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
October Birthstone (Opal)
Hi! So I'm trying to move some of my villagers to my sister's town because I plan on restarting my game. I got Skye to move out of my town and into my sister's town. Skye is the 10th villager in her town and I'm pretty sure once the 10th villager moves in, someone is supposed to want to move out. I've time traveled 8+ months in my sister's town but no one has moved out. :mad: I don't know if I'm missing something but I really need for her villagers to move out so I can move in mine. I'm honestly kinda stumped here and a little frustrated. Am I doing something wrong?

Actually when I've had 10 villagers I found I got less moving pings. However when I have 9 or less villagers I get one just about every day.

Did you time-travel day per day? I have 10 villagers and I get ping about moving every once in a while. (There's this long explanation about why villagers don't move sometimes, I can't remember where I read that though).

If you TT-ed day per day, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have this problem. o:

The only two things that I know of that would prevent villagers from moving are having less than nine villagers and not completing the tutorial dialogue after starting a new town.Is your sister's town new?

you should tt day per day, then someone is surely going to ping you soon =) timetraveling months ahead might make you lose the villagers without having them ping first, so watch out!

The only two things that I know of that would prevent villagers from moving are having less than nine villagers and not completing the tutorial dialogue after starting a new town.Is your sister's town new?

I had that issue before, and it was because of the tutorial dialogue. I would just try talking to the villagers to see if that's the problem and then TT day by day.

Last edited:
I'm having the opposite, nobody is moving in! I'm stuck at 8 villagers. :C

Her town is fairly new (made in November) but she hasn't been playing much at all so that might be it! I'll talk to her villagers a bit more and I'll get back to you. :)

Thanks everyone for the replies! I'll try them out and see if it fixes the problem. :)

Yes, it was that indeed! I didn't know that not completing the tutorial dialogue would not let anyone move out. Thanks everyone!

Back