Nightmare in Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
silly question, and i might've missed it in the OP, but how many tiles/spaces is a square on the map? (if you know.)

silly question, and i might've missed it in the OP, but how many tiles/spaces is a square on the map? (if you know.)

looks like about 17x15 by my estimates, but I don't think it has to be super exact. just follow a rough approximation of your in-game map grid, and you should be fine

anyways, does anyone know if registering the dream on halloween night puts the dream villagers in costume? I know it doesn't contribute towards anything, but the extra aesthetic would be cool, if so

Island Photo:
halloween.jpg

Island Name: aldertree
Island Dream Address: 4732-7113-2114
Designed Areas: E-2
About Your Dream: In aldertree, a mossy, eerie structure has emerged up from Sly's house! Perhaps you should take this opportunity to see what you can conjure up. Be sure to seek out some pumpkins amongst the forest for snacking purposes during your dream.
Proof Photo:
halloweenproof.jpg

I have a question: does the spooky pumpkin set have to be a specific orange color or can we use different variant colors of the spooky set?

Thank you!

Island Photo:
2.jpg

About Your Design: in a far corner of sun hill, there's a semi-abandoned, overgrown graveyard that all the residents vehemently avoid. "it's creepy..." "it's always cold there, like i'm turning into a popsicle, mrmpht." "i saw bones poking out of the dirt!" some even say there's a strange visitor who's set up camp there, but nobody's ever gotten a good look at their face...

Proof Photo:
1.jpg

had to tear up my playground for this, so i hope i used the right items ><

I have a question: does the spooky pumpkin set have to be a specific orange color or can we use different variant colors of the spooky set?

Thank you!

any color is fine, and I believe this also applies to all other items on the list as well (correct me, if I'm wrong)

Thank you!

any color is fine, and I believe this also applies to all other items on the list as well (correct me, if I'm wrong)
Yeah, Lambda is correct. It can be any variant colors on the item list.

20231014_220847.jpg

Island Name: Hailsham
Island Dream Address: DA-0568-9138-1729
Designed Areas: E-5 and half of D-5
About Your Dream: A scene about two people and their maze-like nuptials. The wedding bell rings and their honeymoon carriage awaits. However, their time together is limited and navigating life and death is complicated. I hope that walking through this space shows the ups and downs of life together... and separated.
Proof Photo:
20231014_220443.jpg

My poor villagers getting ready for my biyearly revamp of the entire island after cockroaches and weeds have taken over 90% of the town 🤡

This is my bread and butter- already love the submissions so far! Can't wait to contribute my own!!

Island Photo:
2023101520003800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Island Name: Royale-3
Island Dream Address: 8457-0676-4056
Designed Areas: B5, small part of A5
About Your Dream:
The cemetery holds an ancient tomb that dates back to the time of the great paint flood. They say that the tomb is the source of all hauntings especially within Redd's forged paintings. Legends say that this once houses the temple of the great warrior who lost the battle and became a vessel for the dark rust as a result. Before his death, he chants out the curse towards those who slain him in battle, which the dark rust responds. The warrior now holds great dark power in exchange for his physical body in a process. His physical body is rumored to be now possessed by dark rust itself. The sword in the middle is his prized possession, anyone who dares touched the sword will be eternally tormented by the warrior's vengeful ghost.

Visit the haunted ruined tomb if you dare!
Proof Photo:
2023101520020000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Island Photo:
F8oVVUIagAAP_uz.jpeg

Island Name: Creyal
Island Dream Address: DA-1694-9736-8226
Designed Areas: F3
About Your Dream: I have a playground in my community park which can be exchanged as seasonal area as well, so that's where I put my main spooky area again :) 👻
Welcome to the spooky carnival of Creyal! 🎃🍂
If you feel like visiting, there is much more spooky stuff to discover in Creyal! Don't forget to visit Lilys Maison... 🎃

Proof Photo:
F8oVVUJaYAAIUwB.jpeg
Edited again to conform to participation rules and I updated my design in the meantime.

Last edited:
Island Photo:
IMG-3234.jpg

Island Name: Lunarium
Island Dream Address: DA-1597-4955-8250.
Designed Areas: E4, E5, E6, E7, F6, F7.
About Your Dream: Hmm.. I wonder what Frett is up to... More and more gnomes are appearing around his farmyard - and I swear that scarecrow has eyes in the back of his head! Wherever I look, it's watching me... The place is also swarming with creepy crawlies! EW!!!! I'm going to visit Erik and see what he thinks of all this... actually, the area around his house also looks strange? Surely there didn't use to be this many graves, and what is with the axes?!?!? Fauna - let me in!
Proof Photo:
IMG-3235.jpg

IMG-3238.jpg
IMG-3239.jpg

Last edited:
Island Photo:
89cayLI.png

Island Name: Aria
Island Dream Address: DA-9416-5385-6079
Designed Areas: E-6
About Your Dream: Welcome to Aria's first Halloween carnival! The carnival consists of various rides, attractions, and tasty treats! If you need a break from the excitement, feel free to relax on the beach! Don't mind the bones...
Proof Photo:
zAHdXHE.jpg

So horror is an option. I came up with something. How far can i go on a horror element? Can I add a little classic horror elements?

Island Photo:
2023101521361800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

About Your Design: The inspector had been tipped off about some suspicious activity occurring nearby to the spooky pumpkin patch... and decided to explore it at night for the best chance of catching the culprit by surprise. However, he didn't expect a supernatural culprit with a pumpkin chariot to be lurking across the murky waters!
Proof Photo:
Grid tile C4 - My NSO just ran out
2023101521430200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Just to make sure can the square you are decorating be on the beach. It’s more then one square but most of it is on the beach since that’s where I have the most space. Can move of not.

So horror is an option. I came up with something. How far can i go on a horror element? Can I add a little classic horror elements?
You can add as little and as much as you want. As long as you have 5 items and the overall vibe portrays the horror theme you are going for.

what's the stance on something like blood splatter as a custom design?
Blood splatter is completely fine!

Just to make sure can the square you are decorating be on the beach. It’s more than one square but most of it is on the beach since that’s where I have the most space. Can move of not.
Yes you can decorate on the beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back