• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

New Update Coming 4/28!

it's nice to get new items for these events but equally yeah it does kinda suck they're announcing June content so far in advance, basically confirming we're not getting anything else until july. I can only hope it's a bigger update this summer!
in the meantime perhaps it's a good thing I've been picking up some other games to keep me going

However, this is an update for the next NEARLY THREE MONTHS, and while there's some new little tweaks to stuff that means I can go back and re-do stuff (and the aforementioned new items) there's nothing properly and definitively new. It's just "hey, this event from last year and some new event furniture, btw this is all you're getting until summer" and that kinda sucks, my dudes.

That would suck a whole lot, BUT I am hoping maybe this is like the Mario and Sanrio announcements. Super Mario items were announced in a Nintendo Direct on Feb 17th and then Sanrio stuff was announced in an Animal Crossing tweet on Feb 25th. I'm hoping this is now the opposite case where May-June stuff is announced now, through a tweet, and a big update is announced in Nintendo's E3 Direct.

i’ll share my thoughts in a bit but i was going through the replies to the official announcement on twitter and found this;

View attachment 371325

does anyone know who’s house this is? because no one on there seems to know and uh. definitely don’t wanna get my or anyone else’s hopes up but ... new villager, perhaps? 👀

On the first second page of this thread people were saying it has the same color scheme as Wolf Link's house from New Leaf.

i’ll share my thoughts in a bit but i was going through the replies to the official announcement on twitter and found this;

View attachment 371325

does anyone know who’s house this is? because no one on there seems to know and uh. definitely don’t wanna get my or anyone else’s hopes up but ... new villager, perhaps? 👀
Perhaps you can customize villager house interiors/exteriors.

Odd seeing the Wedding event highlighted in this update since it's June 1 - 30. I hope that doesn't mean we won't see another update until July.
I don’t see us getting another update until after E3. So maybe the end of June.

Not to be a doomer but this kinda seals it for me, this update is the most hollow one so far. Was expecting something more interesting than just recycled events with new items, like cmon.
I was expecting not to get a lot with this update. I do like they brought back the mini events. I think the true test will be E3. It would be nice to have a big summer update. Not sure we will get one but if we don’t I’m pretty sure all updates going forward will be them adding some items and events.

I love how everytime a lacklustre 'update' comes out, people are like: "This is fine! I'm sure the next update is going to be a big one!"
I cant tell if it's denial or simply naivité, but people should stop setting themselves up for disappointement.
I'm sorry for being rude. I'm just really tired with these 'updates'.

I love how everytime a lacklustre 'update' comes out, people are like: "This is fine! I'm sure the next update is going to be a big one!"
I cant tell if it's denial or simply naivité, but people should stop setting themselves up for disappointement.
I'm sorry for being rude. I'm just really tired with these 'updates'.
For me it’s wishful thinking. I wasn’t surprised by this update. I think E3 will set the tone for the rest of the updates. If it’s the same kind of update with nothing big added then I know the rest will be the same. Depending on the update after E3 will determine if I continue to hope for Brewster and Tortimers island/mini games to return. I will still enjoy this game if they don’t come back.

For me it’s wishful thinking. I wasn’t surprised by this update. I think E3 will set the tone for the rest of the updates. If it’s the same kind of update with nothing big added then I know the rest will be the same. Depending on the update after E3 will determine if I continue to hope for Brewster and Tortimers island/mini games to return. I will still enjoy this game if they don’t come back.

I 100% agree with this. If E3 is tiny or nothing at all then I think we've gotten all the big stuff for this game unless one day in the future they do something like the Welcome Amiibo update for New Leaf. However, if E3 is a big update then that would restore my confidence that they will still regularly do big updates to this game.

I 100% agree with this. If E3 is tiny or nothing at all then I think we've gotten all the big stuff for this game unless one day in the future they do something like the Welcome Amiibo update for New Leaf. However, if E3 is a big update then that would restore my confidence that they will still regularly do big updates to this game.
I seriously doubt they will even show anything at E3. I know its every year (minus the 2020 one) that whenever E3 is around people always are hoping that they want to have certain games to be shown or new content for previous games (Like New Horizons) to get a big update. I am not setting my expectations so high anymore. I become so burned out with all this "speculation" and "hope" that I really don't see it happening. I know there was a lot of talk and speculation about the 2.0 update and so many people were REALLY hoping for it, but now it didn't happen.

I am just saying that the way things have been going so far this year that this game is going to suffer if there is nothing announced at E3 this year. I really want to be wrong and trust me as it pains me to say this, but I really don't see it happening anytime soon. We haven't gotten a single trailer from Nintendo since the Sanrio update and no upcoming trailers for the newer updates like this one that is coming. This update is just old events but with new items added. Sure new players would not find this a big deal, but I said this before with the Bunny Day event that if you played this game last year and you expected there to be new features and improvements its not there yet at least for now.

But hey it is what it is. If this is what Nintendo wants to do by giving us small updates to past events and not really adding "new" or "refreshing" then there is not much left to be say. They are company and they want to make money so they don't really care much about what anyone says. Thats the reality of the situation.

I see mentions of items like carnations, basket, etc. I was wondering where you guys see those items? I couldn’t find them in the post, so I’m a little confused.
Yes me too. @RollingAntony where did you get this info?
Apologies, I thought I included the link. It's the japanese PR release, which is always more detailed: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/4aca50db-b0bd-4552-827e-9eadda7ce4e9

There is a special section that covers the seasonal celebrations, running from May to July:

Children's Day runs from April 28th to May 5th and has the windsocks and the newspaper hat (both new)
Mother's Day runs from May 1st to May 31st and has the Thank-you Mom mug (old) and the carnation (new)
Cheese Rolling Day runs from May 22nd to May 31st and has the Cheese item (new)
International Children's Day runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Handmade cape and crow (both old)
Wedding season runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Nuptial bell, doorplate, ring pillow (all new and with color variants) and the Flower Shower basket thing (new)
Father's Day runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Thank-you Dad mug (old) and the Thank-you Dad apron (new and with color variants)
Tanko/tango bushi runs from June 5th to June 14th and has the festival zongzi and surichwi tteok (both new, they are food)
Summer/Winter solstices run from June 15th to June 21st and have the corresponding two old items for each hemisphere (although technically, each hemisphere has one new item if they haven't traded for it before- the Sunflower Rug and the Aurora Wall)
Tanabata runs from July 1st to July 7th and has the Bamboo grass (old)
Marine Day runs from July 8th to July 22nd and has something google translate isn't helping and can't find (かじのドアかざり kaji no doa kazari) (new)
Bastille Day runs from July 10th to July 20th and has a phrygian cap (new and with color variants)
Cowboy Festival runs from July 15th to August 15th and has the Rodeo-style spring horse (old)

oh my arceus i think all that is hard to read, i promise to update it after doing some work D:

I agree. I think for me, I really am fine with the update, happy even, since I don’t have any set expectations and update or no update it does not effect my enjoyment of the game. (That does not mean i don’t want new things, but my game doesn’t hinge on any future update)

but even still I do occasionally find myself getting my hopes up based on mere speculation. It think with such a popular game, with such a devoted fan base it is only natural to have this sort of rollercoaster of all our hopes for the game, with anticipation for the future. And yeah, we do often set our selves up for disappointment, and I think everyone pointing out that the expectation of a large update has never come from Nintendo makes a good point.

I think speculation is fun and entertaining as we anticipate the future of the game, but sometimes we all lose track of what is fan speculation and what is actually promised by Nintendo.

so I am looking forward to see if e3 has anything in store, but yes, it also seems like the welcome amiibo update, a ‘2.0’ could be years, rather than months, ahead.

Yeah, I feel a similar way atm.

I don’t want to go “NH IS DOOMED AND GARBAGE” just yet, in the same way I don’t want to go “the AC team’s ABANDONED it in favour of Splatoon because it’s the same team, so is THE EXACT SAME PEOPLE” because that’s blatantly wrong if you do some basic fact-checking... but I’m honestly kinda worried about the game’s future, just a little bit.

But there’s another part of me that’s saying “that’s silly, it’s the best-selling original game on the Switch and there’s a very feral fanbase you’re going to disappoint if this stuff doesn’t turn up”

So I’m just going to have to wait a bit, and see what happens in the next update or two, whenever that is. Hopefully something announced at E3 and gets released about a month later. If not, AAAA DOOMED GAME TIME TO DO SOME REALLY UNHELPFUL CRITICISM THAT ONLY MAKES THINGS WORSE

However, I’m a bit burnt out on speculation at this point, because I can’t think of anything new and I’m fed up of seeing the same things again and again on YouTube and such, so I might go quiet for a bit... but I’m also going to end up looking at whatever the dataminers have to say on Wednesday morning anyway, so I’ll end up in The Horrible Wheel Of Speculation regardless.

Apologies, I thought I included the link. It's the japanese PR release, which is always more detailed: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/4aca50db-b0bd-4552-827e-9eadda7ce4e9

There is a special section that covers the seasonal celebrations, running from May to July:

Children's Day runs from April 28th to May 5th and has the windsocks and the newspaper hat (both new)
Mother's Day runs from May 1st to May 31st and has the Thank-you Mom mug (old) and the carnation (new)
Cheese Rolling Day runs from May 22nd to May 31st and has the Cheese item (new)
International Children's Day runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Handmade cape and crow (both old)
Wedding season runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Nuptial bell, doorplate, ring pillow (all new and with color variants) and the Flower Shower basket thing (new)
Father's Day runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Thank-you Dad mug (old) and the Thank-you Dad apron (new and with color variants)
Tanko/tango bushi runs from June 5th to June 14th and has the festival zongzi and surichwi tteok (both new, they are food)
Summer/Winter solstices run from June 15th to June 21st and have the corresponding two old items for each hemisphere (although technically, each hemisphere has one new item if they haven't traded for it before- the Sunflower Rug and the Aurora Wall)
Tanabata runs from July 1st to July 7th and has the Bamboo grass (old)
Marine Day runs from July 8th to July 22nd and has something google translate isn't helping and can't find (かじのドアかざり kaji no doa kazari) (new)
Bastille Day runs from July 10th to July 20th and has a phrygian cap (new and with color variants)
Cowboy Festival runs from July 15th to August 15th and has the Rodeo-style spring horse (old)

I don’t know much about marine day but Kaji no doa kazari seems like it will be a ship helm/ wheel (or something) door decoration.

Maybe I'm dumb but I had no idea that stuff like May Day and the Wedding Season had to be updated for 2021? I just assumed they were already happening every year till eternity

This cycle of getting excited for the new update, being underwhelmed once I actually play it and then speculating about the next one is really grinding me down.

It's the first time that I've ever played a game with an update schedule like this and I don't think it's for me... 😔

While E3 is historically a time for surprises, I'm in the camp of not expecting much at E3 in regard to Animal Crossing. I think Nintendo is going to use that time to showcase new games coming in the second half of 2021. It's possible AC may get a small shoutout like in the February Direct, but at this point, I'm not convinced AC a main priority for the company, despite sales proving it's now one of their biggest franchises.

The February Direct was a good example of this - they opened with an elaborate trailer of another Smash Bros reveal and AC was just kind of mentioned in the middle.

Last edited:
Love how the majority of people on Twitter are upset about this and calling now NH a "dead game with old trash". Honestly, whoever believed those YouTubers who talked about a huge upcoming update á la 2.0.0 with Brewster and what not failed to the clickbaits. I for myself didn't expect anything big. As for the update itself, I do mainly care for the smaller event items along with the new Wedding season stuff which sounds promising.

View attachment 371325

Now that's weird. If this turns out to be a new villager then I wonder why Nintendo didn't say anything about it and if they will make another announcement about them (in case this is in fact a newbie). If this is however a hint that we can now change the exteriors of villager houses, then I wonder again why they not said anything about it and if this also means we're getting new customizing options for our house too. Either way, I'm kinda confused of who this is might be, because the house doesn't look familiar to me at all.

I was waiting for a tralior or something. don't know looks boring
Post automatically merged:

In fact isn't this the exact same thing from last year?? Uh..

I like it! A bunch of new things to collect, a new may day :) i really liked museum day last year so happy to do it again in the art section again! Especially now my museum is a lot fuller than last year :)

Wedding season isn't really my style but its nice there is new furniture to collect so i have a reason to play the event again :)

Also the possibility of a new villager really excites me! Wondering what that will turn out to be !

I'm fine with whatever happens or doesn't happen at e3, if this is it, im fine with it :) sure i thinkt the game has way more potential, especially in online/multiplayer, but since the game already has been a bit laggy i can imagine there are limits to what nintendo can do. Also, i learned to love and accept the game as it is(besides some small petty complaints lol), and I'm happy with it:)
My brother and I have invented our own games and contests so that will do for a while!

Back