• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Leaf vs other games character sizes! Which one you like best?

New Leaf vs other games character sizes! Which one you like best?

• Total voters

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Bells
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
So, I've been watching a lot of wild word/city folk videos recently and I just adore the mini villagers appearance before New Leaf came around. Which one is your favorite?

Before New Leaf:

After New Leaf:

I prefer the new style. Looking at the old villagers now(and this is from someone playing since GC era) always makes me think "I can't believe we used to play as these deformed gremlins" :p

Honestly, I think I just appreciate having an actual torso now.

While it took me quite a bit to get used to the latest character style from New Leaf onward, I found that many characters are actually benefiting from the change in the long run. For example, the longer bodies for the more imposing animals (such as bears, tigers) better convey their mightiness than they would in the older installments.

I prefer the new style from New Leaf. Especially the human characters looking way better now then
they did in the older games in my opinion.

Honestly, I'm fine with both. I think going forward, the New Leaf designs need to stay because I - and, I imagine most other players - really like being able to customize my character's pants, shoes, and socks. But I don't mind the way the old characters looked. I had a lot of fun playing on the Gamecube, so I'll always have a nice nostalgia for the short, dress-and-pointy-hat look.

I voted New Leaf design, but IF they decided to go back to the old design I wouldn't mind as long as they clean up the lines and edges and shapes. Basically make it look HD and I will be happy with whatever LOL

I think the villagers looked a lot cuter in the shorter style but I really prefer the taller human characters. But they would look weird if the animals were still short so I guess making them all taller is the best way 2 go

The only way to look half decent is to get a tan.
Failing that, we must wear a face mask! :D

Honestly, I do like the characters better when they have a tan, but that might be because It's rare to see that, unless the person plays often. In real life I prefer being tan as well XD (Although it never happens, because I can't hold a tan to save my life)

Honestly, I do like the characters better when they have a tan, but that might be because It's rare to see that, unless the person plays often. In real life I prefer being tan as well XD (Although it never happens, because I can't hold a tan to save my life)

In the game I tan every day to be as dark as I can.
I hate that pale sickly look. :(

It's annoying to maintain it, and would be easily fixed if we could just choose our skin tone. ^_^

In the game I tan every day to be as dark as I can.
I hate that pale sickly look. :(

It's annoying to maintain it, and would be easily fixed if we could just choose our skin tone. ^_^

You're right lol it is kind of sickly looking. and the fact that EVERYONE has to have that skin tone unless they go outside and tan is ridiculous. I am sure in the next game we will be able to choose our skin tone, it has been a thing in the last 2 spin off games, Happy Home Designer and Pocket Camp, so it would only make sense for it to happen in the next addition as well!

*Fingers Crossed*

I prefer the New Leaf sizes even though I am a huge fan of the past old games, to the point where I'd play city folk over new leaf. however i will admit the character sizes are a lot better and more accurate than the past models being so small and tiny.

I voted for the New Leaf characters, now that I played that game for so long now, I got used to this new
style more. But I still like the old looks kinda.

Last edited:
I prefer the New Leaf character sizes, but the look of the older characters doesn't really bother me when I play the older games. You just get used to it, and it's not a big deal to me.

I mean the New Leaf style is better looking but I still like the old ones, they're really cute. So I guess I don't mind either way

New Leaf styles all the way.

The old styles don't bother me when I play, but for Animal Crossing Switch if we go back to the mini models I will be upset. I have grown attached to my new leaf models and being able to change socks, shoes, pants, dresses etc.

Last edited:
I truly do prefer the new character sizes lol. At first when NL was announced, I disliked them. But now, they're fantastic because of all the new customisation options.

A big reason I picked up NL was the updated MC models. I could finally make a MC I really love. There is some charm to the old models, but they did better with the whole chibi thing in NL, imo - the body on the old models looks especially odd to me now.

Back