• The closing ceremony for our Lunar New Year event has been posted! View the winning entries in the thread here. Thanks for joining us for this new TBT event. Be on the lookout for our next brand-new event, which will bid farewell to Animal Crossing: New Leaf online, coming soon!

new favourite band

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a bit late to that party... they were incredibly popular back in 2006.

At least they aren't Christian.
 
*trevor said:
You're a bit late to that party... they were incredibly popular back in 2006.

At least they aren't Christian.
Wasn't into music back then.
 
Their work is pretty derivative, although not in a particularly bad way. They borrowed their style heavily from earlier hard rock bands... if you've never listened to Led Zeppelin, for example, please do so.
 
*trevor said:
Their work is pretty derivative, although not in a particularly bad way. They borrowed their style heavily from earlier hard rock bands... if you've never listened to Led Zeppelin, for example, please do so.
That's the problem with some music these days. They try to be so hard like other bands, that they have no real style of their own. Not saying these guys in particular, but the "borrowing" is getting repetitive.

Regardless, these guys are okay. Never heard of them before, though.
 
lolwolfmother :L
Old band with an older musical style, most of their fans are too busy trying to cope with alzheimer's to keep them musically relevant.
 
Bacon Boy said:
That's the problem with some music these days. They try to be so hard like other bands, that they have no real style of their own. Not saying these guys in particular, but the "borrowing" is getting repetitive.

Regardless, these guys are okay. Never heard of them before, though.
you could say that about pretty much ever band since music's beginning, if you wanted to be anal about it.

unless it is so obscure/out there that it isn't even defined/classified as music, it's bound to be able to be linked to something/some other work.

ogod.
 
*trevor said:
Their work is pretty derivative, although not in a particularly bad way. They borrowed their style heavily from earlier hard rock bands... if you've never listened to Led Zeppelin, for example, please do so.
I love you for what you just said.
 
Ciaran said:
lolwolfmother :L
Old band with an older musical style, most of their fans are too busy trying to cope with alzheimer's to keep them musically relevant.
Haha... what?

Seriously. I think your music timeline is a little *censored.3.0*ed up.
 
Same thing happens in every field, you reach a point where most bands, writers, painters, game devs all seem to follow trends, or work off of what was once liked. It doesn't always make it a bad thing, not by far. It takes a very rare and lucky person to make something new that people like. It is those people we declare true geniuses, along with the people who take a style and make the very best of it.

Every thing made by people is influenced by what was made before, kinda hard to do something without any influence....

Haven't really heard much by this band in particular, but wasn't bad. Not something that I absolutely loved, but not bad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top