• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

New Animal Crossing News Coming NEXT YEAR!

I don't really care about Animal Crossing not on a handheld, I mean honestly, I only play my 3DS at home anyway.

I just hope that:
-No more sprites for fruit, flowers, and etc.
-Make different villagers diverse, don't limit them to personalities.
-Make the town way bigger.
-No 1 PWP a day limit.
-Flexible villager plot placements.

I REALLY hope it will be another 3DS game, probably for the New 3DS.

There should be an arcade with various mini-games :)

The New 3DS isn't even in America yet...

I want a design your map option.

I got a Wii and hated it so much, there's no way I'll buy a Wii U. I'll only play handheld consoles. Needless to say, I won't be getting the new AC game. :(

I don't really care about Animal Crossing not on a handheld, I mean honestly, I only play my 3DS at home anyway.

I just hope that:
-No 1 PWP a day limit.

They kinda stopped making Fruits 2D Sprites after Wild World, but it's hard to tell really.

But I totally agree with these ideas, especially diverse villagers, they really need to do something like this now.

I got a Wii and hated it so much, there's no way I'll buy a Wii U. I'll only play handheld consoles. Needless to say, I won't be getting the new AC game. :(

Aww, why'd you hate the Wii? I got a lot of playtime out of it for years, and it's really often hailed for its originality.

Aww, why'd you hate the Wii? I got a lot of playtime out of it for years, and it's really often hailed for its originality.

I didn't enjoy it because I found it awkward to use. And as far as fitness goes, no thank you! I'll stick with my DVDs. :p

I just hope that:
-No 1 PWP a day limit.

idgi why do you bother when u said u wont care about it lol

its gna be on the wii u full stop.

Just because the City Folk failed to live up its expectations doesn't mean that home console Animal Crossing games are automatically less desirable. Much of the blame comes from the fact that the Wii is basically a beefed-up GameCube with motion controls and its added features being rather limited, along with how the development team in this Wii installment is playing too safe.

I bet that the Wii U installment will be much better than City Folk ever is.

Last edited:
I also bought a Wii and sold it several months later because I didn't like the graphics and most of the games. I own a Wii U and I think I haven't liked a console so much in my life before...

Just because the City Folk failed to live up its expectations doesn't mean that home console Animal Crossing games are automatically less desirable. Much of the blame comes from the fact that the Wii is basically a beefed-up GameCube with motion controls and its added features being rather limited, along with how the development team in this Wii installment is playing too safe.

I bet that the Wii U installment will be much better than City Folk ever is.

When did I ever mention ACCF? I said I didn't like the Wii. And I don't. I never even played ACCF. I just don't like Nintendo's non-handheld consoles, so I won't be buying a Wii U or any of its games.

If it's on WiiU then I probably won't get it upon release. I'm sure in the years to come my brother will still spend his time downstairs hogging the xbox, using the same TV the wiiU is attached to. Plus after playing new leaf it only seems right to play it on a portable console.

If it's on WiiU then I probably won't get it upon release. I'm sure in the years to come my brother will still spend his time downstairs hogging the xbox, using the same TV the wiiU is attached to. Plus after playing new leaf it only seems right to play it on a portable console.
Agreed 100% handheld is just better!!

I bought a wii u in around August and love it to play mario on! The graphics on the wii u handheld are limited, but it has more potential than the original Wii. The Wii u can act as a handheld and console, providing the wii u controller to be like the bottom screen of the 3ds and the tv is the top screen. This might open more options for a future game for Animal Crossing, instead of sticking it onto a small 3ds..

but i still kinda like handhelds better

I'm not too excited for a Wii U release, but don't forget, until Smash 3DS, it was a console-only game, we may be seeing more of this ported handheld/console release of the same game in the future. Since the New Nintendo 3DS (I wish they weren't calling it that), also supports Amiibo, Wii U only isn't a guarantee, there could be a Wii U AND another 3DS one (one that uses the extra horsepower of the New 3DS- I still hate that name). Either way, I do see Amiibo somehow being worked into the next Animal Crossing game, Nintendo cleaned up this past year from the first 2 waves, so it's a safe bet they're going to start instilling their abilities into future games. Let's hope Villager was just the beginning, although I can't possibly see 350+ Amiibo to do like they did for the e-reader cards in 2002. Who knows, they've got a plan, and it should be released on one of their Directs this year.

This game will not be on either 3DS. They could possibly do a dual version for a handheld and console for the next generation, but not for this one.

Nintendo will do whatever they want NOBODY knows what console/handheld the next game will be on. Nintendo only knows so lets just leave it to them. Unless someone has actually conformation from Nintendo themselves then that would be awesome! :)

this whole thing is a rumor, maybe we won't be getting anything at all

If it does go on Wii U, it better improve upon New Leaf. I don't think people want what happened with Wild World and City Folk. But I feel like AC is better on handhelds, and they could do a port for console and handheld. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't in the future.

Back