• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Need help naming your island and islanders? Ask here!

I’m so indecisive. I got my switch today, but I can’t start my island until I figure out what I’m going to name it now I’m thinking I want something with “devil” in it. I’ve thought of “Devilswood”, but I don’t know if it’s good or not.
What about "Deville" it's devil + ville (town/city)

Help me pick
Sauce, Mayonnaise, or Duckefett? (island name options. these are all diff types of sauce)
input appreciated

I'm restarting my island today and I've come up with a few name ideas that I really like but I don't know what to choose. I've got:

Blossom
Bluebell
Serenity
Starfall

What do you all think? Please help me pick!

EDIT: Never mind, picked a name now.

Last edited:
my Switch is getting replaced, (big sad) but I'm looking for names for a scary island.
I love H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King, so I'm looking at names from their lore - but also, looking at stuff that's just made up.

Innsmouth, Kingsport, and Dunwich are 😍 but I don't know if they're mine - ya know?
Same with Castle Rock. Love it but not sure it's a me.

Looking at things like Dead End, Dreadwood .. Idk I'm all over the place. Bad at naming names.

my Switch is getting replaced, (big sad) but I'm looking for names for a scary island.
I love H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King, so I'm looking at names from their lore - but also, looking at stuff that's just made up.

Innsmouth, Kingsport, and Dunwich are 😍 but I don't know if they're mine - ya know?

Looking at things like Dead End, Dreadwood .. Idk I'm all over the place. Bad at naming names.
Nvm :cry:

Last edited:

Kingsport and Dead End are two names i really like, but when i first read Kingsport i read it like King Sport instead of Kings Port oop-

im leaning more towards Dead End bc i feel like if ur going for a more scary island, this is quite Ominous (capital O). and that's nice. its like a place where people go to stop progressing in life which has its own type of dread attached to it.

I've got a few ideas:

Salem
Reaper
Hell
Purgatory
Hex
Phantom
Alcatraz

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC: I kinda wanted to name my own island Sleepy Hollow but it's too long unfortunately :(

its like a place where people go to stop progressing in life which has its own type of dread attached to it.

I really really like the idea of this, actually. I've been throwing island names around in my head the last few days but this is honestly a thing I didn't really think about. Also the name @kindakooky suggested also goes along with this - Purgatory. Maybe Dead End will just be some kind of purgatory but tbh I'm gonna love it anyway.

ALSO: I'm sorry Sleepy Hollow wouldn't fit! That would have been a cool island name!

Cthulhu

Satanica :)

I actually registered for this thread. I love the ideas.

Would you guys say Lilyshore or Aurora Bay is the better name for a very natural, Nordic island?

I actually registered for this thread. I love the ideas.

Would you guys say Lilyshore or Aurora Bay is the better name for a very natural, Nordic island?
Well I don't know about which one fits more, but I vote for Lilyshore, it sounds adorable!

I am currently thinking about deleting my island and start all over.

The island names I currently have on mind are Sage Wood, Jade Vine oder Sage Vine. Please help me decide? o_O

Back