• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

My thoughts on 7-11 set

AppleCracker

Call me Mikey
Bells
I have the 7-11 set and I got it from a friend! I know this is like really rare and worth 10 million bells! So many people are duplicating it it's crazy! But I wouldn't buy it for 10 million bells I just think it looks tacky! What do you think about it?

Did you not realize that talking about duplication is not allowed after your previous thread got locked 2minutes ago?

-whoosh-

I sort of like it.
I mean, I was originally all over it, but now I look at it again, it looks sort of bland.

Oh well I didn't think this would count! All I said was people are duplicating!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't really like the colors! They just don't "pop out"

Oh well I didn't think this would count! All I said was people are duplicating!

Ah ok. Well personally I like the steam bun case and the ABD from the 7-11 set. I don't think anything in the game is rare though because of what you stated in the original post.

i've never seen it go for more than 2mil. :confused: granted, i'm not following auctions so i don't know about that but there's many people who offer it for way less than 10mil.

the tackiness-factor depends on the player's taste, just as it is with every other item. i think the gracie set is butt-ugly but you don't see me running around rolling my eyes at people who buy it.

also, where do you get your information about people duping the set from? some have multiple copies of the game, others have cartridges from foreign countries, and so on.

Just out of curiosity, why is it not allowed to talk about duplicating?

I don't really like the uniform. To be honest the 7-11 I go to no one wheres a uniform :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just out of curiosity, why is it not allowed to talk about duplicating?

I can understand the forums not wanting people to talk about how to do it but just saying "people are duplicating" my other thread got locked for saying that!

Well, over 40 years ago when I first became a 7-11 shopper, the clerks ALL wore the uniforms. I don't know about now, but in my old area and in my new state they still do.

I like the set because of the nostalgia it brings me. I had hippies (original, real 1960's hippies!) as baby-sitters and they always took me there. It was such a treat!

So for me the memories make it rather cool. I bought one some time ago with TBT bells and I'm glad I did. I don't have a room based around it, but I do have it in a museum room and I visit it from time to time. :)

Well, over 40 years ago when I first became a 7-11 shopper, the clerks ALL wore the uniforms. I don't know about now, but in my old area and in my new state they still do.

I like the set because of the nostalgia it brings me. I had hippies (original, real 1960's hippies!) as baby-sitters and they always took me there. It was such a treat!

So for me the memories make it rather cool. I bought one some time ago with TBT bells and I'm glad I did. I don't have a room based around it, but I do have it in a museum room and I visit it from time to time. :)

that actually sounds pretty damn awesome. :eek:
now i want to make a hippie character who runs a little 7-11 store.

that actually sounds pretty damn awesome. :eek:
now i want to make a hippie character who runs a little 7-11 store.

Hah!!! That would be sooo cool! I mean...groovy, man! :D

And it was awesome, btw! I got my first mood ring and green and red glitter nail polish at a 7-11. Lol!

Back