• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

My first sig

Cyber85

Bells
I know it sucks but i had to try so here is the result. It has no border cause i dont know how to make one I'll try again soon. I rate myself 3/10.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Scizorsig.jpg

</div>

look for my resource thread on here and then use that for tutorials and tips and brushes etc...

*is gonna play the part of Jas0n.

Guys, how's he gonna get better if you say it's pretty good for his first sig? it's not very good and he knows it. The light is cut off and a line breaks between that and the rest of the sig. He either took the render with t he light from another area in gimp/photoshop and compress the two image, which is why the Scizor layer is boxed in, or he just made it that way. the font doesn't mix well, the lighting on Scizor looks poor, and the background looks a bit dull. Also, there is no border.

Okay, there are extreme cases in which you can rate a sig, but more than half of the time, first sigs suck, hell, you should've seen mine. The best thing to do is give criticism or tutorials, if it sucks, tell him it sucks, don't say it's nice and try to make his self-esteem higher.

Bacon Boy said:
*is gonna play the part of Jas0n.

Guys, how's he gonna get better if you say it's pretty good for his first sig? it's not very good and he knows it. The light is cut off and a line breaks between that and the rest of the sig. He either took the render with t he light from another area in gimp/photoshop and compress the two image, which is why the Scizor layer is boxed in, or he just made it that way. the font doesn't mix well, the lighting on Scizor looks poor, and the background looks a bit dull. Also, there is no border.

Okay, there are extreme cases in which you can rate a sig, but more than half of the time, first sigs suck, hell, you should've seen mine. The best thing to do is give criticism or tutorials, if it sucks, tell him it sucks, don't say it's nice and try to make his self-esteem higher.
this true

I'll agree with BB, It makes it so much easier for newbs to the graphic scene if you tell them if their sig is bad. They'll get nowhere if people tell them it's good, they won't try to improve.
Next time using a light effect like that, don't make the rays so bright and put it on after the sig is finished or you'll end up with the cutoff line like you have now.

Sab said:
look for my resource thread on here and then use that for tutorials and tips and brushes etc...
Oh come on let's not start what your doing. Your saying it in a nice way you suck. But also was this made on Paint? it looks like it was. Download Gimp and try it out. It's like a free Photoshop but with not all the stuff Photoshop includes. \

SAMwich said:
Cyber85 said:
It is made on Gimp but i had to save it on paint to upload it.
Nonono! File>Save As>(Select .png from dropdown).

There you go.
Thanks and now i need another answer im trying another sig but i dont know how to put cool text.

Well on the layer you used for the lighting, click layer to image size so that the light doesn't get cut off. That and don't use jpeg format. It zaps your quality. Try using the png format so you can get the full resolution the images have to offer.

Back