• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

My E3 eShop games sale haul! Share yours too!

If you have time after you finish Oxenfree, I would love to hear your thoughts! I played Kentucky Route Zero and really hated it and I know that game inspired Oxenfree so I've put it off my wishlist for now. I'm still so curious about it though and I just wanna know if it'll be fun, especially with the sequel coming eventually!
Ooh interesting, I've heard good things about KRZ too but have yet to play it, either. I'll definitely let you know!

Okay I'm so glad I bought P5 Strikers during a different sale or I would've been so peeved lol.

Kinda interested in Miitopia since I really loved Tomodachi Life (I know they're different but-). Thanks so much for posting this to let us all know!

Edit: Looks like Miitopia isn't on sale. FML

Last edited:
Just bought some stuff!

-Stardew Valley
-The Rainsdowne players
-Spiritfarer (super excited to play this one)

I also have my eye on Littlewood and Shovel Knight but I may wait until later sales. Curious to hear thoughts on Littlewood from anyone who has played it.

Just bought some stuff!

-Stardew Valley
-The Rainsdowne players
-Spiritfarer (super excited to play this one)

I also have my eye on Littlewood and Shovel Knight but I may wait until later sales. Curious to hear thoughts on Littlewood from anyone who has played it.
Nice! I've also recently added Shovel Knight to my wishlist! I'll have to decide on that before the sale ends hehe. I hope you enjoy Stardew Valley and Spiritfarer! I had a lot of fun with both of them :)

I'm actually only trying Botw out now because of the sale lol. It's been a blast playing it will and all the areas look beautiful. Definitely gives me more reason to pick up my switch after a while.

Do they have these sales every year or just this once? I want Immortals Fenyx Rising, but I know I won't get to it in quite some time. Pikmin 3 Deluxe is also tempting.

Do they have these sales every year or just this once? I want Immortals Fenyx Rising, but I know I won't get to it in quite some time. Pikmin 3 Deluxe is also tempting.
They usually have an e3 sale after an e3 presentation. But the eShop gets a lot of sales throughout the year. This one is just bigger.

I also got Bug Fables and have been really enjoying it.

I'm considering a pre-order of WarioWare: Get it Together but I'm considering a physical copy because the cover is great lol.

I also got Bug Fables and have been really enjoying it.

I'm considering a pre-order of WarioWare: Get it Together but I'm considering a physical copy because the cover is great lol.
I'm definitely getting physical for that too! I love that cover art XD

Wow, there are a lot of games on sale. Never usually browse the eshop given it's a nightmare to filter through. 😭

Strongly considering buying:
  • Slay the Spire - had this one on my Steam wish list for a while but a Switch release is tempting. Love card games/deck builders and it'd be a good travel game I feel
  • Golf Story - Another game I've heard nothing but good things about. I like when games mix RPG/sim elements and I dig the artstyle
  • Cross Code: looks like a solid ARPG and it's a genre I'm in the mood to play rn
  • Coffee Talk: didn't realize this was a thing until I saw it in the deals section. I loved VA-11 Hall-A and this gives me the same vibe
  • Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: I was originally going to buy this on release because I was a fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Went ahead and bought Cross Code. Reeaaallllyyy wish I didn't buy Persona 5 Strikers on Steam for full price recently. Would have grabbed it for Switch during this sale otherwise!

Wow, there are a lot of games on sale. Never usually browse the eshop given it's a nightmare to filter through. 😭

• Slay the Spire - had this one on my Steam wish list for a while but a Switch release is tempting. Love card games/deck builders and it'd be a good travel game I feel
  • Golf Story - Another game I've heard nothing but good things about. I like when games mix RPG/sim elements and I dig the artstyle
  • Cross Code: looks like a solid ARPG and it's a genre I'm in the mood to play rn
  • Coffee Talk: didn't realize this was a thing until I saw it in the deals section. I loved VA-11 Hall-A and this gives me the same vibe
  • Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: I was originally going to buy this on release because I was a fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Went ahead and bought Cross Code. Reeaaallllyyy wish I didn't buy Persona 5 Strikers on Steam for full price recently. Would have grabbed it for Switch during this sale otherwise!
I'll vouch for Golf Story too! I'm actually playing it right now and I'm loving it! It's very relaxing and charming and I'm now super excited for the sequel (Sports Story). The sequel got delayed but the developers announced the delay by actually uploading a really silly delay trailer XD. The devs seem like really passionate and cool people so I'm happy to recommend them :)

Just FF8 and FF9. FF7 is very tempting but I bought the PS4 version last year so maybe not. A bit tempted to buy Xenoblade DE as well but I've already spent a lot on gaming this month 😭

I got Cozy Grove, The Last Campfire, Journey to the Savage Planet, PikuNiku, Bug Fables, Persona 5 Strikers, New Lucky's Tale, and A Short Hike

So far I've played Cozy Grove, Short Hike, and PikuNiku and I would recommend all of them, they're all cute and fun

Only game I've bought on sale is Doki Doki Literature Club Plus. It releases next Wednesday. I've never played it before but I've heard a lot about it and really look forward to it. I considered on getting Story of Seasons Pioneers of Olive Town but even after the first major patch was released in Japan many Japanese players still seem disappointed. So I'm gonna pass on it. Plus I still have Rune Factory 4 and SOS Friends of Mineral Town I can play.

Haven't played the others yet, but Coffee Talk is very enjoyable and relaxing. It definitely fits in the same category as VA-11 and Hall-A. There is a demo out in the shop if you want to give it a go! Some of the character arcs are a little cliche but still engaging nonetheless, the demo is probably the best way to figure out if it's worth your bucks.

I love coffee talk, it’s a very relaxing and enjoyable game.
Post automatically merged:

The only game I bought during the sale was My Time at Portia which was on sale for like $7, which was a really good deal since it’s normally like around $30

The only game I bought in the sale was Part Time UFO, and I'm glad I did. It's fun and very cute, and you get a good amount of content for the price.

Unfortunately, I don't really buy games from the eshop anymore. I always look at the sales and think "I'd buy that if my account was still linked"...but, I had to remove my payment info a long time ago because someone stole money from me to buy Fortnite stuff. So, yeah...now the only time I buy stuff is when I add funds with a card/code, and I rarely do that. It stinks, because I used to love buying really cheap games on sale all the time.

I always enjoy seeing other people's eShop recommendations! So many hidden gems out there. Here's what I picked up with some short thoughts on each.

Oxenfree - Very creepy and suspenseful. The vibe reminded me a little of Stranger Things. I see what people like about it, and it held my interest, but I'm not sure I would recommend it unless you really like suspense or narrative games.

Steamworld Dig - A fun and breezy take on a Metroidvania, however, I also bought the sequel which is superior in every way.

Steamworld Dig 2 - Still playing this one and loving it. Probably my favorite Metroidvania game. I just really clicked with the art style, music, and gamplay loop.

Spiritfarer - Played about an hour on Xbox Game Pass a few months ago and quickly decided I wanted to own it, so I was waiting for it to go on sale on Switch. Looking forward to diving into it soon.

I also previously own and love Golf Story as others have recommended.

A lot of games I'm considering when they go on sale again:
Owlboy
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
A Short Hike
Coffeetalk
Undertale
Raji
Maybe one of the Shantae games?

Last edited:
Back