MS Paint Sig Tutorial

YesManJr's_Cohort

Bells
I thought I'd make this sig tutorial for the beginner sig makers with no special programs.Your sigs won't come out as great as sigs made with an advanced program, but you can make some pretty sweet stuff.

Step 1
Choosing a background

The first thing you should do is open an MS Paint program, and since we can't really make any cool backgrounds with MS Paint, I'd suggest going to Google Image Search to find a cool one.Just search for "cool background" or "blue background" or something like that.Once you get the image you want, copy and paste it into MS Paint.

Click here

Step 2
Finding the right size

Once you have your background pasted, you now have to use the square cutting tool thing (the one on the top right) to find the right size, then put the image you cut out below the left overs of the background.Then get rid of all the stuff you don't need.

Click here

Step 3
Finding pictures for your sig

The next thing you need to do is put pictures on your sig.The easiest way to do this if you want sprites is to go to the spriter's resource.But if you want actual pics, google is the best place.I would suggest searching for the image you want and put "gif" at the end.This will make google search only for images that are saved to a gif format.Most gif images don't have all the white crap that you don't need.But if you do have an image with white crap, here's what you do.

Copy and paste the image into MS Paint.Draw a circle around the image and use the paint bucket tool to fill in the circle.I'd suggest filling it in with either bright green or pink, colors you wouldn't normally have in the picture.Then use the paint brush tool to color in all the white stuff.After that, paint bucket the area where you painted white.

Click here

Step 4
Adding Pictures

Once you have all the pictures you want in your sig on the screen, just drag them and drop them where you want them on your sig.Then get rid of the left over part of the object/character.

Click here
Click here

Step 5
Adding Text

To add text, use the text tool and click and drag the cursor across the whole sig.This way it will be easier to position the text where you want it.Then just type what you want and pick a color that you can see clearly.

Click here

That's it!Now you're done!Just highlight the whole image with the sqaure tool and cut it out.Then go to image, attributes and select 1 x1.Now paste your sig in and there it is!

demo.png

Other stuff made with MS Paint:

tnlbanner0022.png

tnzbanner00w_e.png

yesmanjr.png

earthboundiconthing.png

ebs.png

punchout.jpg

bt.jpg

papermario.bmp

Even with MS Paint, you can still make something great!

So, was that helpful?
If you have any questions, ask away! I know that wasn't as clear as it could've been.

XD we have the same stlye but mine is with Wallpapers, poeple don't understand that you can use paint to make great things with thier own stlye

:)

Great tutorial

:D

BAMBAM! said:
XD we have the same stlye but mine is with Wallpapers, poeple don't understand that you can use paint to make great things with thier own stlye

Great tutorial

Yeah, if you know what to do, it can turn out really cool!

Thanks!Glad you liked it!

^_^

WOW thanx i haveMS paint and ive posted some crappy sigs and thanx again cause now i know how to add text!

nice tutorial, even though i know all that stuff, im sure it could help a ton of people!

great job.

I see you found the EarthBound font.

:p Yeah, Piranha and I have that.

:p

Oh, and Fox, it's "PhotoShop" not "a PhotoShop". Just thought you should know it's a proper noun.

PikMino42 said:
I see you found the EarthBound font.

:p Yeah, Piranha and I have that.

Oh, and Fox, it's "PhotoShop" not "a PhotoShop". Just thought you should know it's a proper noun.

ok srry

ok i'm getting really ticked here, when i try to copy the fonts into the right folder it says "file is in use by windows, wait untill windows is done using the program and try again" :| same with moving it

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
ok i'm getting really ticked here, when i try to copy the fonts into the right folder it says "file is in use by windows, wait untill windows is done using the program and try again" :| same with moving it
*cough*isanyonegoingtotellmehowtofixit*cough*

Back