• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mourning the loss of villagers who have moved away.....

I lost Kyle a couple of weeks before 2013's Christmas. I was devastated. I literally cried :(

Then I read Kyle's farewell letter and cried again. It contained a picture of him... I still have it in my room :(

Last edited:
I haven't yet lost any villagers by accident in any of the games, so when a villager leaves it's always with my blessings. Doesn't make the parting easier, though.

Roald moved out two or three weeks ago. Aside from Isabelle, he was the only one who gave me a Valentine's Day gift, pink roses. When I saw him in a dream town I was really excited and happy that I got to talk to him again, even though he didn't speak like himself (different catchphrase).

I'm pretty close to another jock, Sheldon. We hang out a lot (he invites me over the most often, though for some reason he's never come to my house), and he gave me medicine for my bee stings. He's not planning to move, but when he does, I'll have to let him, since his house is in the way of some future PWPs... I'm going to be sad to let him go.

Static is never leaving. (*A* )

Limberg's pinged me twice about wanting to move, and each time after I've said yes he decides to stay to spite me. Which is odd, since we're on good terms. When he moves I won't feel sad at all :/

Last edited:
i'm the type of person to get attached to villagers (especially if i like their designs) even if they're not necessarily keepers for me. like i know i'm gonna give them away to make room for the ones i really want to keep but i'll feel pretty sad a couple of hours right after they leave my town for good (or you know, until 16 cycles later)

happened when tangy left, and to take things to a whole new level, a day after she left one of my villagers planted a white rose where her house used to be (and it's probably lucky who did it because his house is nearest)

rfJVXKk.jpg

Wow..... that you SO much for sharing you stories everyone! *sniff*
I relocated my statue fountain to where Whitney's house used to be. I thought it would be appropriate.
I got Eugene to move rom Ferelden to Ivy Wood. So now Ivy Wood has a Smug villager.
I am 8/16 on the way to cycling for Witney in Ferelden.... *phew* its a lot of work!
But hopefully I am giving villagers good homes in the process.....
And it will be wort it to have Whitney back, and have Mira move in too, and then all my Dreamies will be achieved in both towns nd all will be well with the world.....
Then honestly..... NO ONE CAN LEAVE!

I've posted about this a lot on different threads the past few days but... during my 2 month hiatus Merry moved out. She gave me her picture in the mail. I cried tbh.

I actually expected it to happen, though. I knew that if I didn't TT back to the last date I played it was likely that someone was going to move away and of course with my luck it had to be my BFF / wannabe GF.

I decided to put a fountain where her house was, which was actually right next to my house. Seeing that empty spot just hurt my heart too much to not put something there.

I remember back when I was playing both ACWW and ACPG I decided to pretend that any villager that moved out had actually died lol and I had to plant flowers around the sign where their house was and post a notice on the bulletin board stating they had passed away. I was a screwed up child lol

I lost Beau today. None of my other villagers told me of any rumours of him leaving at all, and he was always on Main Street so he could never ping :(

He was one of my starter villagers too, which adds to the sting.

When Marina left I was devastated but lately school work is always in the way… so I've just forgotten about it and kind of not playing much anymore, I always have bad luck with it D:

Last edited:
I would like to recognize Tia, Aurora, Julian and Papi whom along with others I had no attachment to were cycled through to get Pietro back. I figured while cycling that the change would be good and now the new faces of Pietro, Rosie, Kid Cat and Molly are walking around my town. I have only lost one due to accidental TTing but she was not one I was too overly attached to but I was still pretty upset :/ one plus of cycling though is the few villagers i cycled through that either lived in my town and i was attached to or were brought in for cycling purposes only are the ones hanging around main street and most are not too horrible looking lol

Last edited:
Bam left me and I was heart broken then I decided I would try to cycle out some other villagers I really don't want and so I started and I got them out using a 'fool proof' cycling method and it was going well so I continued to cycle when I got a present I. The mail from Eloise (I was planning on keeping her). I wasn't expecting her to leave so I opened it wondering what was inside and the letter said something along the lines of, 'Hey I moved but I really liked you so have my picture'. It was the same way Bam left me. Then a few minutes later (I was still cycling) Isabelle told me Phoebe was in boxes! I lost about half of my best friends. They all sent pictures in the mail along with a good bye letter. I don't know how I let that happen but I did and there's not much I can do about it now none of my unwanted villagers will leave only my beat friends tell me they want to move and I can never let them! But at least I still have my baby Marshal :) the day he leaves is the day I destroy my 3ds and the game cartridge.
R.I.P. *Bam* *Eloise* *Phoebe* ;-;

Bam left me and I was heart broken then I decided I would try to cycle out some other villagers I really don't want and so I started and I got them out using a 'fool proof' cycling method and it was going well so I continued to cycle when I got a present I. The mail from Eloise (I was planning on keeping her). I wasn't expecting her to leave so I opened it wondering what was inside and the letter said something along the lines of, 'Hey I moved but I really liked you so have my picture'. It was the same way Bam left me. Then a few minutes later (I was still cycling) Isabelle told me Phoebe was in boxes! I lost about half of my best friends. They all sent pictures in the mail along with a good bye letter. I don't know how I let that happen but I did and there's not much I can do about it now none of my unwanted villagers will leave only my beat friends tell me they want to move and I can never let them! But at least I still have my baby Marshal :) the day he leaves is the day I destroy my 3ds and the game cartridge.
R.I.P. *Bam* *Eloise* *Phoebe* ;-;

I think the "foolproof cycling guide" is for cycling only. You're not supposed to use that if there's any villagers you want to keep, since you can't control who moves. If there are villagers you want to keep, you should use the other guide, the foolproof guide to getting villagers to move: http://bamdom.tumblr.com/post/57682343411/alternatively-titled-how-to-get-your-dream

Goldie moved away... again... I first had her in Wild World when I was 9. She was my favourite villager. But then one day I went to visit her and she'd moved away :'( I didn't play for months and then recreated my town. Then I got her in my NL town but awhile ago she moved away :'( Marshal also moved away... :'( And Bob, Tangy and Rosie :(

Oh goodness... :c

When I didn't play ACNL for a few months, I came back to having Ankha, Goldie, Cookie, and Peanut all gone >:

Tammy moved, no one told me that she was going to move, so one day, I ran past her house and didn't see a house, so I ran back and there was nothing there. I think its a great idea to put down a PWP so no on moves there, but I still don't know what I want to put sown in memorial for her.

I lost Ricky when I was doin' some time traveling...
but like, it's really my fault for not talking to anyone. I just... didn't think it'd happen. so the day Isabelle told me he was leaving, I was like NOOOOOOOOOO
biggest bummer. I was bitter with Hopper for a while because he was there... and sorta like Ricky, but not really, so I was just bitter :| but it's okay, now I have Walt and I'm super attached to him even though he hasn't been around for too long. HE CAN'T LEAVE. I WON'T LET HIM ;__;

Back