• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Smash Bros Monthly TBT Tournament #9

I'm wondering if the problem is actually the 100 bells, as silly as that sounds. But also I feel like we need a better way of notifying the regular participants.

Hnnnn. I'd love to sign up! I'd just have to start playing Smash again. I used to be extremely good at it and then I started getting back into AC:NL and I forgot all the controls of the game @v@
When do the signups end? ^^

If anyone wants to lend me 100 TBT ill join it. I main Ryu, which is pretty rare. Id like to compare my skills to the forums. But the entry fee is.. ugh!

Hmm... I might sign up. I have finals coming up though. So you can choose one omega stage when battling someone and you can choose an omega stage again when battling someone else or if you lose battling the same person? Otherwise the stages are Battlefield, Smashville, Town & City, and Dreamland 64 right?

Hmm... I might sign up. I have finals coming up though. So you can choose one omega stage when battling someone and you can choose an omega stage again when battling someone else or if you lose battling the same person? Otherwise the stages are Battlefield, Smashville, Town & City, and Dreamland 64 right?

Yes, the only time you can't choose an omega (or any other stage) is if you won that stage, and you can't play that stage again only when battling the person you won against. You can choose any tags again the next round.

Yeah I'm still not removing it.
Not until we can have a tournament where half the people that sign up don't end up dropping out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not lowering it either.

Last edited:
PK, can you post the link to this thread on the VMs of all the regulars?

I guess I'll sign up.

Last edited:
Been awhile for myself, I'd like to sign up for one of these once I can nab 100 Bells lmao.

I'd be up for this but I don't have 100 bells for the deposit :/.

Also, having never played/watched competitive Smash some of the terminology on this thread baffles me haha. Striking rules??

This thread has really opened my eyes to the TBT poverty.

I'd be up for this but I don't have 100 bells for the deposit :/.

Also, having never played/watched competitive Smash some of the terminology on this thread baffles me haha. Striking rules??

It's a way to determine what stages to play on in a match. It means each player goes back and forth and strikes a stage from the list until they settle on one. Then, for the second game, the winner of game 1 strikes 2 or 1 (depending on the rules), and the loser picks from the rest. Hope to see you in a future tournament! :)

Back