Mini Rant: The 'Same-ness' of posts on Reddit, Twitter etc.

My favorite classic attention-seeking posts on reddit follow the same formula:
  • My irl friends don't care, so...
  • Proud of this (zen garden, rock garden, diner)
  • My ______ just died but I happened to find a villager with the same name the next day on my first island!
It starts to become a little annoying.

omy lort this made me howl with laughter.

they're also probably popular because of the limited furniture options... it makes sense that there's a lot of japan-themed towns when there's so much furniture for it and not many castle-themed towns for example because there's no sets like princess/royal/gracie etc.
I think this is a great point. Also, the emphasis on DIYs and the ability to place furniture outdoors both could be seen as encouraging a shabby, quasi-rustic aesthetic. Hopefully more furniture sets will be released to allow for more possibilities. I know I’m looking forward to seeing how the wedding furniture will be uses in landscaping.

• My ______ just died but I happened to find a villager with the same name the next day on my first island!

I chuckled a bit when you posted this. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I can't really blame why there are so many haters. They probably got tired of seeing the same content and decided to take action in a negative way. (Don't follow their example. Just skim through it and ignore.)

Thank you for saying this! I burst out laughing lol

Animal Crossing is a casual game. It tends to attract a certain demographic and that demographic likes to express themselves a certain way.

Twitter and Reddit can't be moderated like a traditional forum so usually what gets spread around is being posting the same stuff over and over again to get attention.

Here’s what I normally see on Reddit:
- Rainbow flower fields/collection
- Studio Ghibli recreations
- Bragging about scorpion/tarantula island or some fish they caught
- Memorial to a dead person
- Bragging about having 5 stars
- KK Bubblegum or villagers singing
It really does get old after a while.....

The flashbacks your post gave me, oh my godddd.

Cottagecore is the new pastel town, I think. Now you need to name your town something like “burlap” and your island rep is a frugal hat wearing witch named “butter” or “walnut” and basically everything’s brown, white and green.
Briclyn Forest is shaking rn cuz you basically exposed her LMAO

I stopped going on Reddit of how repetitive everything was on there. It was even more repetitive than villager dialogues in NL lol. There is some great stuff every now and then but it’s often overshadowed by posts with titles such as “this is will probably get lost with the new posts buuut...”. Not to mention a lot of people in there think hating popular things is a personality trait.

Can I add a really specific variant of the “proud of x” to this?

“Super proud of how my kitchen turned out” and it’s just the entire Ironwood set in an otherwise uncluttered room. Like, could it have turned out any other way, given what you worked with?

Last edited:
what does it mean im curious and don't feel like looking it up :/
Looking it up, its some kind of aesthetic and to quote “The cottagecore aesthetic emphasizes nature, simplicity, and peacefulness, and it has been described as a visual and lifestyle movement.”

It’s only become more popular due to the recent quarantining from Covid-19

I've never really had a problem with reposts and similar posts, but I think it's just because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they're just sharing something because they like it and think other people might like it too. Also, depending on the topic, I feel like it's also possible that maybe they haven't actually seen the posts that may be similar to their post. Usually I just scroll past reposts and similar posts. I do get annoyed when songs repeat the same word/line over and over again though, so I assume seeing similar posts again and again must have the same effect on some people.

Can I add a really specific variant of the “proud of x” to this?

“Super proud of how my kitchen turned out” and it’s just the entire Ironwood set in an otherwise uncluttered room. Like, could it have turned out any other way, given what you worked with?
Oh gosh, yeah. I mean it's fine to be proud of yourself but to add to the eternal sea of ironwood kitchen posts with the most minor tweaks... is it really that necessary? I don't know, I just wouldn't do that myself.

Just wait for the Raymond x (Lolly, Rosie, Ankha, Merry, Tangy) wedding photoshoots.

Oh gosh, yeah. I mean it's fine to be proud of yourself but to add to the eternal sea of ironwood kitchen posts with the most minor tweaks... is it really that necessary? I don't know, I just wouldn't do that myself.
Yeah, I have to periodically remind myself that a lot of folks are new to the series and genuinely might not know that there are a lot of other items to use. Or this might be the first game they’ve played that even has interior decoration. But still...

All I have to say is let people enjoy the game how they want, don't spread negativity just because someone likes something you don't.
Post things that are different, encourage new content. But things are popular because they're likeable, no need to be upset if you don't like everything everyone else does.

It's incredibly disappointing that people aren't allowed to be proud of their work just because everyone else has the same general aesthetic.

Last edited:
Im getting mighty tired of Ironwood Kitchens literally EVERYWHERE.

meme.png

Try looking for Japanese twitters, there's a lot more variety there imo.
For example this is my favourite ACNH twitter, its basically all dedicated to Violet, she even has paths and shirts with Violet's face on them lol

I like this twitter too, a lot of the funny clips posted on reddit recently are from here (and its kinda sketch bc a LOT of them dont credit and word the titles like its their own vid...)

Last edited:
I agree with part of this. I only use this site and reddit right now. While I will admit that many of the AC sub reddits have some pretty repetitive stuff from time to time, i have seen some pretty unique stuff here and there as well. I like to think that reddit has an "okay" mix of different posts but they certainly have repeat offenders and I won't deny that. Even the posts here can be a little repetitive too sometimes. I'm sure you've noticed. I'm sure many people are aware of the repetitiveness. I have probably even contributed a little bit myself with or without realizing it. With such a huge player base, it can just be different to keep things original and sometimes people don't care about being original with their posts as long as they can share what makes them happy. That's my two cents. Overall though, I'm mostly indifferent. Usually if it's the same stuff I usually see, I just scroll past it or don't click. I have a pretty easy time ignoring things that I do not care for on the internet. Usually.

Just wait for the Raymond x (Lolly, Rosie, Ankha, Merry, Tangy) wedding photoshoots.
Already saw a Lolly x Raymond wedding photo made me cringe :rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

All I have to say is let people enjoy the game how they want, don't spread negativity just because someone likes something you don't.

Post things that are different, encourage new content. But things are popular because they're likeable, no need to be upset if you don't like everything everyone else does.

It's incredibly disappointing that people aren't allowed to be proud of their work just because everyone else has the same general em aesthetic.
They're allowed to do it,, it's just incredibly repetitive and annoying when a lot of people do it. A lot of us just crave new content.
Post automatically merged:

I just want to be able to enjoy a town tour and not feel like the next 50 videos won't look similar or enjoy funny clips and te first ten aren't gonna be "Raymond in a maid dress singing kk bubblegum with boyfriend Marshal uwu" :// it's just STALE!!!

Last edited:
Observing and commenting, even critically, on social media and gaming trends doesn’t equate to prohibiting anything. No one is being disallowed from decorating a certain way or liking certain things, but it sure feels like there are people who would like to disallow all but the most anodyne comments in the name of “positivity.”

Back