• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Merengue is adorable but a jerk..

LadyVivia

bck from da dead
Bells
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Short story, I TTed for a while and checked my campsite, my heart stopped. There she was! The beautiful and adorable pink shortcake Rhino, Merengue! She said she would move as quick as possible. Hip hip hooray! Right? I check back in a few days... and there it was.. She moved.. right in front me. I imagined seeing smoke in front of me every time i'd enter Animal crossing. Seeing a big boulder in front of me for the rest of my days on Animal crossing. Merengue is my 2nd favorite villager.. She has requested a cute little water fountain, a cool bridge and everything. I can't make her leave. I just can't. She will never come back, and I don't think letting her go is a choice. It's either I rage quit and kick Isabelle in the face by demolishing the whole entire town, or sticking with a big fat pink boulder for a house for the rest of my life.. What would you do? :(

Burn the entire town and start anew, this time with hopes of Merengue returning to your life and picking a decent spot.

Guess it depends how much you've accomlished so far. I mean if you've almost got the house all paid off I'd say no way and deal with it.
But if it was me and I wasn't that far along, and don't have many dream villagers in the town, I'd give Merengue to a trusted player and just reset.
But that's just me. :/

If it bothers you that much, then just kick her out.

I already have T.I.Y. And have had to build every single one of the shops over again BECAUSE of villagers moving to close to their royal mayor. I guess my only choice is to actually move her to a friend's town. Because. I am NOT going to build Katrina's shop AGAIN.

Try moving her out to someone you trust and restarting or moved her out, cycle 16 and move her back in.

The same thing happened to me!!!! She moved right in front of my Retail (which I had landscaped and everything with tons of hybrids).. I just let her go :\

I think your best bet would be to have someone you trust hold her for you and then cycle 16 villagers so you can get her back from your friend.

This guide is really good and detailed: http://bamdom.tumblr.com/post/57682343411/alternatively-titled-how-to-get-your-dream

Also, so it doesn't happen again, here's a quick explanation on how to manipulate where a villager moves: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/67153578
If it's not clear enough you can send me a PM and I'll be glad to explain in detail how to do it. ^-^

OMG, so sorry this happened to you. Whatever you decide to do, next time put a small PWP in front of your house. I have the water pump a few steps in front. It has prevented any unwanted move-ins.

What's the big deal about villagers moving in front of you? xD Rudy lives behind me and Pashmina in front of me and I don't mind.

Fountains are great for blocking villagers from moving near your house, they're big and fancy and not too much of an eyesore.

I'd do what Pequepanda said, have someone hold her (and build a fountain or something immediately after she moves), cycle 16 villagers, get her back. Or trade her for a new cutie, Tia and Merengue remind me of each other c:

That is what I was going to do. But Merengue captured me in awe, I didn't even bother.. I knew she would move in a bad spot, i just didn't bother to deal with it..

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pfft, who dares moves right in front of a mansion.

And thats why i built my house where no-one could move infront or behind :p
(Vesta is diagonal though but i wanted her near)

Last edited:
Cycling 16 while your friend while your friend has the villager doesn't work. They refuse to move back. You need to let them disapeer in your mainstreet and then you cycle 16.

If she's a dreamie, I personally would put some paths/flowers around her house and try to accomodate her for a bit and see if you can live with it. If you can't, then let her go :( Why not post some pics on here so we can see how bad it is? If it doesn't look too terrible then maybe a few reassuring words from the TBT family would help? :)

I am going to stick with her and put paths around her, like you said, and sadly... my computer doesn't have an sd card slot. So I cannot show you the catastrophe. Let's just say it is so bad, every time I enter the game. The game has to make her house disappear so i can see..

Back