• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Masahiro Sakurai

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Actually, Brawl is a compeditive game, but it's more geared to family and friends. (AKA casuals)
Actually, no. It was developed for fun first, competitiveness second. And I wish people would stop using the word "casual" in the wrong context. >_> A casual gamer is someone who doesn't play video games often, just casually, hence the name. Brawl is clearly made to be a game that you sit down and play for hours, and seeing as it's the most played Wii game, I don't think anyone has any reason to ever call it "casual".
The smash bros series in itself is casual and hardcore.
You can sit down with the whole family and play.
Or you can try to beat events and collect trophies.
Games like SSB and Mario Kart have always been geared toward the whole family.

Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Megamannt125 said:
Well you see Tye, people are different, if I die too many times in a game I rage and try to smash my controller, I broke my stylus because of the Lokomo Songs in Spirit Tracks.
We're the Lokomos really that hard for others? :0
Apparently so, but I can't imagine why. They were no problem for me at all. In fact, I just beat the final boss again today at the bus stop, where it was very loud and windy, but I passed Zelda's song on the first try with no errors at all.
Because apparently some of us improvise on the Sand Lokomo's song.
That's your problem, then... XD

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Actually, Brawl is a compeditive game, but it's more geared to family and friends. (AKA casuals)
Actually, no. It was developed for fun first, competitiveness second. And I wish people would stop using the word "casual" in the wrong context. >_> A casual gamer is someone who doesn't play video games often, just casually, hence the name. Brawl is clearly made to be a game that you sit down and play for hours, and seeing as it's the most played Wii game, I don't think anyone has any reason to ever call it "casual".
Mario Kart is geared to everyone. Smash Bros., on the other hand, is geared more to hardcore gamers than anyone else. Of course you can still play it casually, but you can say that for any game.

Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Megamannt125 said:
Well you see Tye, people are different, if I die too many times in a game I rage and try to smash my controller, I broke my stylus because of the Lokomo Songs in Spirit Tracks.
We're the Lokomos really that hard for others? :0
Apparently so, but I can't imagine why. They were no problem for me at all. In fact, I just beat the final boss again today at the bus stop, where it was very loud and windy, but I passed Zelda's song on the first try with no errors at all.
IF NINTY DIDN'T PUT THE DERNED NOTE INBETWEEN TWO OF THEM, I COULD HAVE BREEZED THROUGH IT. >:[

Stupid Mic. D:

Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
IF NINTY DIDN'T PUT THE DERNED NOTE INBETWEEN TWO OF THEM, I COULD HAVE BREEZED THROUGH IT. >:[

Stupid Mic. D:
It didn't give me any problems...

Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:

Stupid Mic. D:
Fast arm motion? :0

You can also rub the mic if it's easier than blowing :s

Imo, they should've made the flute better, some of the songs are pretty lame. But i gotta give them a hand on the creativity part.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Mario Kart is geared to everyone. Smash Bros., on the other hand, is geared more to hardcore gamers than anyone else. Of course you can still play it casually, but you can say that for any game.
Every Nintendo game for the Wii is casual, and don't deny it, because it's true. They are trying to make the games easier, more accesible, and have more appeal to non-gamers.
Brawl is casual, fun, and compeditive all at the same time, and I have no problem with any of that unless people try to turn Brawl into a balanced, boring, tournament game by banning the things that make the game fun. WANT TO PLAY AS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER? TOO BAD HERE'S FOX.

Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:

Stupid Mic. D:
You need to sing a song in a game? ._.

Nixie said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:

Stupid Mic. D:
Blow into the mic.

Rawburt said:
Nixie said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Tom said:

Stupid Mic. D:
Blow into the mic.
But how do you get note variations...? I know that you can change pitch by blowing hard/soft... (I play the flute XD)

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Every Nintendo game for the Wii is casual, and don't deny it, because it's true. They are trying to make the games easier, more accesible, and have more appeal to non-gamers.
Brawl is casual, fun, and compeditive all at the same time, and I have no problem with any of that unless people try to turn Brawl into a balanced, boring, tournament game by banning the things that make the game fun. WANT TO PLAY AS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER? TOO BAD HERE'S FOX.

So, you're telling me that Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime: Corruption/Trilogy, and even the upcoming Zelda Wii are all casual games? You've got to be kidding me. >_>

The truth is, any game can be played casually or hardcore. You can't really categorize a game as either one, because it depends on how you play it. But Brawl is geared more towards a hardcore audience.

Nixie said:
Rawburt said:
Nixie said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:

Stupid Mic. D:
Blow into the mic.
But how do you get note variations...? I know that you can change pitch by blowing hard/soft... (I play the flute XD)
You use the stylus to move the pan flute and play different notes.

If you want a brain-hurting, controller throwing game for the Wii, try Zack and Wiki. The game is so hard, it'll take you about 2 hours to finish level one :V

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:

So, you're telling me that Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime: Corruption/Trilogy, and even the upcoming Zelda Wii are all casual games? You've got to be kidding me. >_>

The truth is, any game can be played casually or hardcore. You can't really categorize a game as either one, because it depends on how you play it. But Brawl is geared more towards a hardcore audience.
They are all casual. Don't be so ignorant Tye and just accept that. Also Miyamoto himself said Zelda Wii will be casual.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

They are all casual. Don't be so ignorant Tye and just accept that. Also Miyamoto himself said Zelda Wii will be casual.
and hardcore.

Megamannt125 said:
Nixie said:
Rawburt said:
Nixie said:
Tom said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep[

Stupid Mic. D:
Blow into the mic.
You use the stylus to move the pan flute and play different notes.
Oh, meh, Its too different form the normal flute that I play which means I probably can't figure out the notes... <_<

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

No, they're not. You can't possibly say that every single game ever released for the console is casual. >_> And I already explained that you can't label a game as "casual" or "hardcore", anyway. It all depends on how you play it.

I thought putting tripping in was a stupid idea. I could see for simulation games,it would add realism. A sports game would also benefit from it. As for a fighting game, it throws an element of chance into something that's supposed to be determined by skill.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:

No, they're not. You can't possibly say that every single game ever released for the console is casual. >_> And I already explained that you can't label a game as "casual" or "hardcore", anyway. It all depends on how you play it.
Not true.
An example:
SMB NES
Casual: this is too hard, i'm not gonna play this *censored.2.0*ty game

Hardcore: I'M GONNA BEAT THIS GODDAMN GAME

But with games on the wii it's more like this:
NSMBWii
Casual: this is too hard, i'm not gonna- oh look a green box!

Hardcore: I'M GONNA BEAT THIS GODDAMN GAME

If casuals can beat it, it is casual.

Back