• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Masahiro Sakurai

Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
I'm a good sport, but I think it's frustrating when you're going for the knock-out blow and BAM! You trip and your opponent KO's you instead.
And...? It's not like you have to give him all your money because he killed you. It was fun, wasn't it? And that's the point of it, fun. I find dying in video games to be one of the most fun parts of the game, because then you can laugh at yourself. XD
I'd still rather lose knowing it wasn't because my character kept tripping.

Master Crash said:
Roxas said:
Master Crash said:
Comatose said:
I'm a good sport, but I think it's frustrating when you're going for the knock-out blow and BAM! You trip and your opponent KO's you instead.
I know, i hate that :x
What, you suck at brawl? xD J/k, man.
I've beaten Hub..

So yeah, i suck :S
This hub guy sucks?

Lol I confused. :p

Comatose said:
Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
And...? It's not like you have to give him all your money because he killed you. It was fun, wasn't it? And that's the point of it, fun. I find dying in video games to be one of the most fun parts of the game, because then you can laugh at yourself. XD
So you can't just have fun? Does it always has to be a competition for you? You can't just have true, chaotic fun playing a game with someone? New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a great example. When you play that game, you don't care about winning or losing, it's all about having fun.

Tripping is just a stupid idea in general, I don't see why anyone thought it would be a good idea.

Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
So you can't just have fun? Does it always has to be a competition for you? You can't just have true, chaotic fun playing a game with someone? New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a great example. When you play that game, you don't care about winning or losing, it's all about having fun.
I never said I didn't have fun if my character tripped. I just said I'd rather lose without any tripping.

Tripping isn't on the same (chaotic and fun) level as using a Pokeball, Assist Trophy, or Final Smash. It's not even as (chaotic and fun) as playing on a stage like Big Blue, 75m, or Spear Pillar. That's where the real chaotic fun is at.

Comatose said:
Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
I never said I didn't have fun if my character tripped. I just said I'd rather lose without any tripping.

Tripping isn't on the same (chaotic and fun) level as using a Pokeball, Assist Trophy, or Final Smash. It's not even as (chaotic and fun) as playing on a stage like Big Blue, 75m, or Spear Pillar. That's where the real chaotic fun is at.
Throwing people onto the road at Big Blue is fun. =D

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tripping is just a stupid idea in general, I don't see why anyone thought it would be a good idea.
It adds unpredictability.
This game has enough of that, fighting games shouldn't have you trip like that just by turning.

Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
That's kinda different, Super Smash Bros is a game about competition. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is co-operative. It's more about screwing with your friends.

Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
That's kinda different, Super Smash Bros is a game about competition. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is co-operative. It's more about screwing with your friends.
People like to call Smash Bros. a competitive game, but at its heart it's just like every other Nintendo game; it's made for fun, not competition. Just like Mario Kart Wii, etc. You can make as many tournaments as want, but it doesn't change the game.

Well you see Tye, people are different, if I die too many times in a game I rage and try to smash my controller, I broke my stylus because of the Lokomo Songs in Spirit Tracks.

Megamannt125 said:
Well you see Tye, people are different, if I die too many times in a game I rage and try to smash my controller, I broke my stylus because of the Lokomo Songs in Spirit Tracks.
We're the Lokomos really that hard for others? :0

Megamannt125 said:
Then you need to learn to manage your anger better and just have fun. XD

Master Crash said:
Megamannt125 said:
Apparently so, but I can't imagine why. They were no problem for me at all. In fact, I just beat the final boss again today at the bus stop, where it was very loud and windy, but I passed Zelda's song on the first try with no errors at all.

Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Megamannt125 said:
Apparently so, but I can't imagine why. They were no problem for me at all. In fact, I just beat the final boss again today at the bus stop, where it was very loud and windy, but I passed Zelda's song on the first try with no errors at all.
I haven't beaten it yet ;__;

Megamannt125 said:
Actually, Brawl is a compeditive game, but it's more geared to family and friends. (AKA casuals)
Actually, no. It was developed for fun first, competitiveness second. And I wish people would stop using the word "casual" in the wrong context. >_> A casual gamer is someone who doesn't play video games often, just casually, hence the name. Brawl is clearly made to be a game that you sit down and play for hours, and seeing as it's the most played Wii game, I don't think anyone has any reason to ever call it "casual".

Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Megamannt125 said:
I haven't beaten it yet ;__;
So? I didn't spoiler anything... "Zelda's song" could be anything. =P

Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Megamannt125 said:
Because apparently some of us improvise on the Sand Lokomo's song.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Actually, Brawl is a compeditive game, but it's more geared to family and friends. (AKA casuals)
Actually, no. It was developed for fun first, competitiveness second. And I wish people would stop using the word "casual" in the wrong context. >_> A casual gamer is someone who doesn't play video games often, just casually, hence the name. Brawl is clearly made to be a game that you sit down and play for hours, and seeing as it's the most played Wii game, I don't think anyone has any reason to ever call it "casual".
Competition and fun in fighting games are the same thing.That's what their appeal is.

Back