• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Looking for feedback on my dream town~

danknee

meme king
Bells
Feedback
100% (4) +
I've been working on it for a while and I'd like some feedback on it.

Town #1: New York
Theme: None
Warnings: Eeriness, mild horror, does not contain blood/gore, hacked
Dream address: 4300 - 5934 - 6940
Villagers: Whitney, Fang, Kyle, Wolfgang, Chief, Skye, Lolly, Merengue, Olivia, Lucky
Brief Summary: This town is rather abstract and ambiguous, you can interpret your own story.

Town #2: B. Pines
Theme: Until Dawn based
Warnings: Eeriness, horror themed- will not contain any gore, game spoilers, not hacked
Dream address: 5000 - 6083 - 1559
Current villagers: Wolfgang, Whitney, Fang, Sparro, Avery, Moe, Muffy, Elise, Rory
Desired villagers: Wolfgang, Whitney, Fang, Sparro, Avery, Rasher, Pecan, Maple, Erik, Fauna
Plan to include:
2nd character: Chris (Until Dawn Character)
3rd character: Mike Munroe (Until Dawn Character)
4th character: Sam (Until Dawn character)
1st house: Based off of the lodge
2nd house: The shed
3rd house: The Sanatorium
4th house: The mines
Anything else: I wouldn't bother looking into the first house for right now, it's mostly just storage. The most I've done is worked a little bit on Hannah's room but that's very far from complete.

Last edited:
Visiting now! Will tell you the results when I'm done c: (Also I see we have almost all the same wolves, except Skye :D )

Omggg I love it!! I knew it would be when I saw it was hacked. I'm no good at interpreting things but I did love the eeriness of the houses. I loved Chase's house the most. I honestly have no advice for any form of improvement. It's perfect.

I can definitely tell you worked on your town! I really enjoyed the public projects and how well you set up your villagers' house plots. Now I only say this because I prefer to have a wide space to move around, but there's a lot of tree. I mean if you wanna stick with the one way path that's fine! I just found myself getting lost a lot and having trouble getting back to the plaza because of all the trees ;; Also I had a question: three three items on the plaza, what are they for? I was just confused why they were there. Other than that, it's really well put together! The outfit theme is very nice too!

I can definitely tell you worked on your town! I really enjoyed the public projects and how well you set up your villagers' house plots. Now I only say this because I prefer to have a wide space to move around, but there's a lot of tree. I mean if you wanna stick with the one way path that's fine! I just found myself getting lost a lot and having trouble getting back to the plaza because of all the trees ;; Also I had a question: three three items on the plaza, what are they for? I was just confused why they were there. Other than that, it's really well put together! The outfit theme is very nice too!

Oh I forgot those were there, they were only there to transfer between two different saves and I ran out of room in my pockets so I forgot to clean it up. Thank you both for the feedback, I really appreciate it yo !! <3

--- Spoiler kinda sorta ---

I'm really glad it came off as eerie though because my main goal was to make a pretty town with horror themes hidden inside it.

--- Spoiler kinda sorta ---

I'm really glad it came off as eerie though because my main goal was to make a pretty town with horror themes hidden inside it.

YES that's what I was thinking about the whole time
My favorite element of your town.

Whoa I loved it!! Definitely one of the coolest towns I've visited in a while. Your houses are so perfectly decorated and perfectly eerie; I found the abandoned(?) classroom in Akatora's house particularly interesting, as well as the room opposite that one with the skeletons hiding behind the partitions. The way the houses contrast with the pretty pink landscape is something I'd never seen before and adds a bit of surrealism to it all. And I loved the items on the private beach being the only things on the outside linked to the unpleasantness within the houses. The hacked elements are utilized really well too; all the trees did make it feel a bit claustrophobic in places but I'm assuming that was your intention? And the Festivale lights in the plaza are a cute touch! Don't have much else to say, except I enjoyed it a lot and took lots of pictures. :blush: Thanks for sharing!

Whoa I loved it!! Definitely one of the coolest towns I've visited in a while. Your houses are so perfectly decorated and perfectly eerie; I found the abandoned(?) classroom in Akatora's house particularly interesting, as well as the room opposite that one with the skeletons hiding behind the partitions. The way the houses contrast with the pretty pink landscape is something I'd never seen before and adds a bit of surrealism to it all. And I loved the items on the private beach being the only things on the outside linked to the unpleasantness within the houses. The hacked elements are utilized really well too; all the trees did make it feel a bit claustrophobic in places but I'm assuming that was your intention? And the Festivale lights in the plaza are a cute touch! Don't have much else to say, except I enjoyed it a lot and took lots of pictures. :blush: Thanks for sharing!

The trees are actually a byproduct of my laziness lol, it's hard to see what something looks like while I'm editing it in the save editor and I didn't really want to keep messing with it. I mean... I guess they could be purposeful?? Like layers or something, Idek. They can symbolize a maze lol

Ahhhh huge thank you though !! Unfortunately I can't take credit for the lights though, I ripped that from this person's town.

I really appreciate all the feedback tho, I feel all mushy inside now whoops... I've invested too much time into this town.

There's actually a huge darker meaning to the town but I'm leaving it up to viewer interpretation :cool:

You have one of the coolest towns I've ever seen. My only tiny complaint is there isn't a defined path leading to areas like the police station and the area to the left of the train station. But aside from that it's a pretty impressive town. I'm digging the hacks too. For some reason stuff in water is amazing to me Idk why. Your residential area is fantastic. I wish I had made my villagers line up like that.

Love the mini horror story element you have going on. I'm getting a graveyard feel for the back of the Monty house? But over all it's owned by an evil guy that maybe eats people? Like the pictures in the basement represent characters that are in pens that are going to be eaten? You're really good at using what AC gives you to tell a story in the houses.

I wasn't getting a specific vibe from the Akatora house but it could just me being dumb.

Your Chase house really made me smile. Your shooting gallery and holding cells were so well done. And the prisoner line up and crime scene as well.

Your Eclipse house has the standard evil sanatorium experimenting on people. Very well done though.

But yeah I had a super fun time looking around at your town because it's so well done.

The trees are actually a byproduct of my laziness lol, it's hard to see what something looks like while I'm editing it in the save editor and I didn't really want to keep messing with it. I mean... I guess they could be purposeful?? Like layers or something, Idek. They can symbolize a maze lol

Ahhhh huge thank you though !! Unfortunately I can't take credit for the lights though, I ripped that from this person's town.

I really appreciate all the feedback tho, I feel all mushy inside now whoops... I've invested too much time into this town.

There's actually a huge darker meaning to the town but I'm leaving it up to viewer interpretation :cool:
Hahah I see, would it be too much effort to take out some of the trees? I have no idea how save editors work. I liked it though! It did feel like a maze. I assumed there was a larger story behind it all but I'm usually too dense to interpret these sorts of things lmao. Maybe once you've finished the last house I'll go back and spend a little more time looking around, and see what I can piece together B)

hi...me again..i just visited ur Dream Town.....Wooo....i want to ask a question before i send back my feedback to ur thread...do u love to watch horror movies....or play horror TV games?

Last edited:
@Reese It's not that it's too much effort, somewhat, basically like, the save editor is set up like a grid and if I want to see how the town actually looks I have to boot up the game and see my changes. I'll see what I can do with the trees they're easy to hide things behind.

@rainbow_smite
Ahhh thank you !! Tora's house is kinda hard to get because there's not really a lot of rotten-looking school items... Or really rotten looking items in general. There is an intended purpose with his house but I'm gonna let people interpret it their own way. B)))

I'm really glad that it's getting the reaction that it is... I was a little worried since it's hacked and all, and I've already been lectured about how "unfun and unfair" it is to hack. (... Despite the fact that all but 4 of the villagers were bought before I started hacking, I completed the museum completely except for 3 fish and a painting and I'd been playing the game for about a year.) I really appreciate it though!! This is something I've been wanting to do for a while now and I'm glad it's working out!! :^)

@swpau Yes I do !! I'm actually thinking about buying a second game cartridge and making an Until Dawn themed town.

Last edited:
hi,danknee me again....here is my comment and opinion: (very long...)
The Plaza: The plaza, which is surrounded with beautiful sakura trees and bamboos, is beautiful and colorful. Moreover, a pair of colorful lights is placed on the floor make the plaza looks like a theme park of Disneyland. Besides, there are two sets of uniforms are provided for visitors to become a doctor or a police (Cosplay),good idea.
Advice: should prepare some female dressings such as princess dress with a wig for female visitors (^o^)

Path: Patten of paths is special (clovers with brick pattern). Most of them are surrounded with different kinds of bushes and then the whole town seems as a maze.
However, parts of paths are hidden by trees and bamboos and disappear in zones of police station, re-tail shop and train station.
Advice: Pay attention to Quantities of trees and bamboos in those areas

Resident area: the pattern of housing are formal and beautiful.

There are FOUR houses in ur Dream Town:
Monty House (Palace theme)
Both the exterior and interior design of the house seems as a palace of real world, great.
The living room, study, dinning room and the bedroom (2nd floor) are honorable and respectable. Besides, atmospheres of the backyard (upper room) and the basement are silent and horrible. Moreover, the basement where a cook (with an axe) over there looks like abattoir!.

Chase House(mansions, police station theme)
The interior design of the house seems as a police station of real world, There are a office room, shooting training room(left room), interrogation room(right room) and bridewell(2nd floor) in the house. Moreover, the upper room (seem as a car park of horror film) and the basement (seems as a abandoned prison) are terrible and remind me of horrible TV games that I have played.

Eclipse House(Hospital theme)(I love this house)
The interior design of the house remind me of the Biohazard and Silent Hill TV games and relative movies. Especially the guinea pig room(upper room), laboratory?( left room), ward and the observation room(basement where a zombie inside?), those rooms seems scenes of those TV games that I mention before. WOO, l love it.

Akatora House( abandoned and huanted house theme)
All the rooms of the house are full of atmosphere(silent, horrible and terrible) and remind me of the series of SAW movies.

In general, I love ur silent, horrible town. WOO~~~(^0^)

Last edited:
fantastic, very clever use of the pave arch, the only critique would be it feesls a lttle congested, i ended up stuck off the main path and wandered forever before I got back on, otherwise its really good. And yeah maybe lose the cherry blossom trees and go way more in the eerie direction, but nicely styled

@swpau Ahh I appreciate the critique !!

Unfortunately, Nintendo patched the only way I had left to edit my town. I'm p annoyed and I'm gonna try to find a way around it but I may not be able to fix up my town for awhile :') I'm going to try with something else that I can't mention on here because I don't want people trying it too, but we'll see... I majorly appreciate it though !!
I was actually gonna go in and start cleaning up my town, which I think I got a little done, but Nintendo had other plans.

@plastic_martyr I'm planning on doing an Until Dawn themed town next, that one will for sure have a lot more creepy atmosphere in the outside of the town. However I don't know how long it'll be until I can start working on that.

Until Dawn themed !.l love that game so much.....pls let me me know and visit ur town again when it is ready^__^

OK it's nowhere even near done, but I start planning out the town and whatnot.

This is my game plan so far and if anyone wants to help out/suggest a few things I'm all ears.

The town isn't anywhere near presentable yet though :')

Theme: Until Dawn (Horror video game (The actual town will not have any gore in it))

Town name: B. Pines

Residents: - Their house's theme

Josh - The lodge

Mike - The sanatorium

Sam - The mines

Chris - The shed OR Jess - The cabin
(Not completely sure which one though. )

These are some of the items I'm considering throwing in http://moridb.com/catalogs/1JYDUEdRqw

And the villagers are; (or going to be)

Avery (complete)
Erik
Fang (complete)
Fauna
Maple
Pecan
Rasher
Sparro (Possibly about to complete)
Whitney (complete)
Wolfgang

I'm in your dream town right now...let me just say it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! How did you glitch it though? I would love to know if you have enough time to tell me! Keep up the amazing work!!!! ^.^

Wow, this is the first Hacked town I've visited.

LOVE the pink trees and the bamboo right next to each other. I did, however find this a bit disorienting when trying to get around.

You have laid it out quite well, though, it just took some experimenting to get around.

I didn't know that anyone had hacked ACNL for the 3DS. Impressive job.

Back