• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Leaving your ACNL town behind.

Lucas4080

#FFFFFF
Bells
Switch
1794-8766-0880
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
New Horizons Token
Zipper Sakura
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
So, I was thinking that when Animal Crossing for the switch releases, I'm going to be spending a lot of time in that town. Then I thought that I couldn't bear to leave ACNL because being mayor, I had set up so many PWP, I spent so much time in that town that when AC 2019 is out, I'm gonna have so much less free time since it will all go into both ACNL and AC 2019...
I was wondering if any of you guys felt or thought the same way as I did?

I will never. I actually hope they won't close ACNL online services once AC Switch arrives.
I spent too much time and money on ACNL lol.

I actually hope they won't close ACNL online services once AC Switch arrives.
Oh darn, I didn't think about that one. One of my goals for ACNL is to complete the badge book and I haven't gotten the ones that require other players (such as the good host one) I really hope Nintendo doesn't close the online service though. :V

When something new captures my attention, I tend to move on. I may have to abandon my ACNL towns. They lasted me very well during the ACNL era though.

I've already abandoned my town enough like it's just gonna get less treatment

I may not get the new game when it comes out as I need to save up....atm with NL, I'm just making themed towns....its pretty fun!

Ones a forest theme and the other is... in progress...no idea yet... >D (just a bit of a pain to keep up with villagers so that they don't move)

(I kinda have taken a break indefinitely with Skyloft, which was my first town... I can't delete it... (It has a horrible placement of the camp, it was placed in front of the pond near retail... also, it has reggie on it from SP a while back ...so, I bought another copy/plus a digital one)

So no, TL;DR, I'm not abandoning my towns just yet... (though that is subject to change in the coming months)

No, it won't be totally abandoned. I still visit my GC, DS and Wii towns all these years later. Not every day of course, but once in a while just to check in with everyone.

I still visit my GC, DS and Wii towns all these years later.
Wow, that's dedication, I sort of left my wild world town I should visit again. I wonder if anyone does check every day for every game, if there is, I now look up to them.

To be honest, whenever there was a new Animal Crossing game, I left my old town behind,
because I lost my interest for it more and more, as I start then to spend more time with the
new town. That was all the time the case back then and will probably the case here with
New Leaf and the Switch game too. Maybe I will check out my NL town here and there,
but I will not spend so much time into it then like I once did it, till I then stop playing it
completely.

I'd say that if you have like a cousin or family member with a 3DS, whenever AC2019 comes, give your ACNL cartridge to them, and have the town live on.

I have always abandoned my older towns, and given the console/games away. Lately I've been wishing I still had them though... would be nice to visit them.

I'd say that if you have like a cousin or family member with a 3DS, whenever AC2019 comes, give your ACNL cartridge to them, and have the town live on.
Smart Idea, I just wish I had other family members or friends with a 3ds though. :/

I've always abandoned my old towns for the new games, but I just don't know... I doubt I'll take my Switch outside of my house, so it will still be nice to have my New Leaf town for portable gaming. I may keep it around. I don't know.

Back