• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Leaving items for dreamers?

i personally haven’t uploaded a dream address but i feel like a ladder and vaulting pole would be the most important tools to lay out depending on the layout/areas on your island. along with those, a wand, some goodies like the ones obtained from the firework shows and maybe even an outfit that would match the theme of your island would be nice to have out! i really liked when people left out outfits in new leaf, especially with wearing pyjamas whilst dreaming aha

I havent gotten a dream a dress since my island still needs a lot of work, but I would lay down items that seem useful or go with the theme of the island. kinda like in new leaf where ppl would lay down outfits that matched the theme of their town

i've been to several dream addresses where the owner had left out a ladder and i think it's suuuper useful esp when i tend to visit dreams to get more terraforming ideas and see how folks place things to make a good use of island space. i personally would really appreciate a vaulting pole along with the ladder though. i think those two are my go to tools for dream address island visits.

people also tend to leave out an outfit for dreamers to wear that usually matches the aesthetics or vibe their island has and i think that's super cool. makes it ~*~immersive~*~ lmfao. feels like im a resident on the island and not someone who's just visiting.

I had someone come to my island and tell me that I should lay down an outift because they didn’t know what to wear that would match my aesthetic when taking pics. And I thought it was a cute idea, never thought about it before but I think I will put one down next time I update my dream. The ladder or vaulting pole shouldn’t be needed on my island though, it’s quite easy to navigate so I might put down a different thing to hold like a balloon or umbrella

I don't get why they didn't have Lloid there supply tools like in NL. I feel like ladders and poles should always be provided in case people forget or don't know to put them for visitors.

I'm definitely leaving a good number of outfits at the entrance once I finish my island! My theme is anime/Japanese-inspired, so I'm leaving some school outfits, kimonos, and happi clothing. Many to choose from since there are subthemes in my island :)
Haven't thought about leaving tools since my terraforming is pretty basic and most of my island is accessible or visible, but I'll definitely take it into consideration!

I haven't put the tools for dreamers to use yet, especially ladder since the second cliff in my island is unable to reach due to lack of inclines at the moment, but i have a plan to put them once i update my dream island or just build some inclines

I was planning on leaving a ladder and an outfit for my dream visitors!
I have a few areas only accesible with a ladder, and I definitely want my visitors to feel the overall cuteness of my island,
so an outfit is also a must! gotta match that island aesthethic c:

not sure what else to lay out.. maybe some cute handheld items like a balloon or a pinwheel

As far as tools go, I left my dreamers a ladder, a wand and a wetsuit.

I also left out a buttload of toys from the fireworks festival and the handheld instruments that so they have fun things to run around with.
Post automatically merged:

I don't get why they didn't have Lloid there supply tools like in NL. I feel like ladders and poles should always be provided in case people forget or don't know to put them for visitors.
This. I have no clue why they would leave out Lloyd to provide tools—especially when he’s already in the game.

A vaulting pole and a ladder would be the most useful, everything else is just a cute bonus. I think I’ve only been to like 1 island so far that had a pole and a ladder, and that person also left out some of the fireworks stuff which was fun.

I guess most people are obviously used to their island layouts and probably get around without the tools, but for someone who’s unfamiliar with your layout they can make the tour a bit easier. Hopefully Nintendo eventually patches in away to obtain tools while dreaming

Personally I would leave items out, especially the ladder and pole, when I do upload my island on the dream suite to make it easier for others to navigate my island. Might also leave outfits at specific areas for visitors to wear as well.

I haven't currently got anything laid out because I didn't really think about it, I'll probably leave out a wand and a balloon/pinwheel and perhaps some pyjamas? just to get the full dream suite vibe

Ah I wish I left some space near my resident services area so I can leave more than just a ladder & wand! These are such good ideas!!

I went to visit an autumn island and there was a mushroom umbrella as a present and it was so cute to go around using it! I also apreciate been given tools to fool around. It would be so fun with a maze and traps and obstacles around :D

Back