• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Least favorite thing in game?

This villager change you mentioned is the reason I asked elsewhere if anyone was feeling nostalgic for City Folk or older versions the villagers were more...and had more dialogue I never got repeats and much more interactive with them...I was sad when I bagged a huge dragonfly and no one in the area clapped...I have one town though where villagers talk to each other like crazy, and visit each other often I call it my special town as even duplicates from other towns I had to give away had different fuller personalities I am starting to think all villagers and town carts are slightly different than others...how I don't know...But I agree that part I miss about CF there was much less space and fruit harvesting for money was a painful chore...but the interaction on villagers was better the focus now it's mor on look what we added islands swimming diving street pass...the villagers were toned down and made a daily chore not really as full.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also your the mayor...ok when do I get to work, lol...Come on Isabelle I outrank you, it is a tyranny lol just kidding.

Your mayor, should get paid or at least be able to do more with making my own petitions or villager duties ect I want to be really mayor hold votes submit my own PWP ideas, and have my villagers donate...Yes poor on IGB they take forever to get beetle hunting for hours just makes my hands she and eyes tired so I miss them lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes! The shopping card, credit card too....? Why not nook would love to be a banker.

I wish I could buy items like wrapping paper in bulk instead of talking to him to buy one at a time. I also hate how villagers will change their clothes for no good reason

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also think they should have been an auto save option that saved frequently

One of my least favourite things is also one of my most favourite things in a way. I LOVE that you can get PWP's, but I hate when you're trying to build one & it's "apparently" too close to something else, when in actuality, it's nowhere near it. This usually happens to me when building bridges the most, but it does happen with other PWP's.
I also don't like the fact that you can't choose where villagers can live - which I don't get since you ARE the mayor - so they can just plop themselves on a nice hybrid patch etc.
& I also agree with other people about the balloon furniture; I loved being surprised by what I got in a balloon, but now it's all the same furniture series which I, myself, don't find very appealing.

I quoted this only so I could read it, I was not sure since your color is so light that it is hard to see. Was not sure if you knew that or if you were being shy about what you were saying like a spoiler. No offense. I see it is a normal comment so I will just highlight your posts to read them. Just not sure if you know it is very hard to see what is typed in that color. But don't mind me I found when I quoted it showed up normal so don't change will just read you that way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think the things that get on my nerves the most are a general lack of space - and I mean in basically a lack of space in all things.

---Limited inventory space.
---Limited amount of villagers in town (inability to expand).
---Limited town space for Public Works Projects (inability to expand).
---Limited storage space.
---VERY limited pattern space.
---Limited to one Mayor file per game.

I mean, I understand why they did a lot of these things and games only have so many capabilities, but it's still pretty annoying to work around a lot of them. I just need more. I would even be happy if they fixed/expanded at least a couple of those. That's why I'm hoping the next Animal Crossing game will be for WiiU.

I agree totally. If the town happiness is due to expansion and Main Street brings visitors..why can't the town population grow as an indicator of how big and have the map and city or village grow as it goes from town to a bigger land...maybe a second map level..this is great.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only disagree with wii u, I have a wii and all games until exclusive to U...I think it's time they make a new machine or they should have renamed the thing not made old wii a waste and sell same games but hey buy exact same machine again except it's not back compatible to GameCube anymore no thanks kept my wii won't ever get a I. Nintendo give us a new console...sorry had to whine on that one. And cut off wii cf online just to push new leaf...no.

Last edited:
Some of the things like lack of conversation between the villagers is because of the game's advancement in character relationships; if two villagers are indifferent about each other they won't talk as often, however I think their plan may have backfired since yes, things like this make some of the NPC's actions seem very robotic.

I don't have much to complain about, but I feel like the bees spawn a lot more than they used to and the clothing designs at Able Sister's are usually pretty lame, especially considering the ones players have made using the same program as the developers.
Also I noticed that there's no "upstairs phone" or other method of turning the Animalese noises off. A lot of the music in the game is nice to listen to, and I'd rather it not be interrupted by "ASTEIWNXCZKSADJASLSDKFSLDFSZXMZMCZX!!!11!1" whenever I need to talk to someone.

Some of the things like lack of conversation between the villagers is because of the game's advancement in character relationships; if two villagers are indifferent about each other they won't talk as often, however I think their plan may have backfired since yes, things like this make some of the NPC's actions seem very robotic.

I don't have much to complain about, but I feel like the bees spawn a lot more than they used to and the clothing designs at Able Sister's are usually pretty lame, especially considering the ones players have made using the same program as the developers.
Also I noticed that there's no "upstairs phone" or other method of turning the Animalese noises off. A lot of the music in the game is nice to listen to, and I'd rather it not be interrupted by "ASTEIWNXCZKSADJASLSDKFSLDFSZXMZMCZX!!!11!1" whenever I need to talk to someone.

I agree with a lot of these. One thing I dislike about designing things is I can't use my stylus, so it's a lot more slower. Also, I do miss the phone. I remember once I wanted to turn animalese off, but I realized there's no phone, and Isabella couldn't do anything about it.

Everything.

The only part that has nothing to with talking to your friends, which is pretty much 90 percent.

so i hate this game.
k?

It's typical but I would give anything to be able to move the rocks. I don't expect them to ever change something like that, but it's seriously such a pain. :/

I think my biggest pet peeve with this game is placing the PWPs... Isabelle is so particular about where it can and can't go.

And I also get annoyed with the money. Can they just bring the shopping cards back from City Folk? OR, even just letting us stack the money in larger increments would be better!

Back