• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

You need to stand in grass/flowers without skates or bike.

I know that, I've chained over 40 in Platinum and ended up with about 5 shinies. But the mechanics are odd in these games.

Last edited:
So far I only have
Pansear
Panpour
Skrelp
Horsea
Charmeleon
Talonflame

Currently looking for furfrou >_<

Caught a shiny Horsea right now using the chain fishing method. ^^
My lil' Meenah is my second shiny in X. :3

007.jpg

I have precisely 0 shinies, but I'd like to join your group. I'll look more aggressively when I beat the E4 (kinda haven't made any progress in a week).
Also, dat feel when Meenah.

Nice~ Looking for a shiny ninetails or Pyroar, obviously hard to find... Only have Graveler right now, but I'm looking every minute on the GTS for foreign ditto, assuming that they still increase the chances of shines in eggs, right?

I have been farming the past few days so far I have gotten.
- Mareep. (From horde battle, using sweet scent, got him on my second try o_o)
- Ursaring. (Got it right after I got Mareep while searching for Scyther)
- 2x Jigglypuffs. (From friend safari, while farming for shiny Kirlia.)
- Kirlia. (From friend safari)
Now I?m farming for Noibat, and Gabite in my friend safari ^^
(One of my shiny Jigglypuffs are up for trade, I?m looking for shiny Aron or any of it?s evo?s and Abra, and Froakie, and it?s evos, Ditto, or Gengar)

Last edited:
How do you get them from friend safari? You can't use pokeradar... I mean, are they easier to catch there? :0

edit: Oh yes, I wanted to say I will be joining soon, my internet is tripping though... XC

Last edited:
How do you get them from friend safari? You can't use pokeradar... I mean, are they easier to catch there? :0

edit: Oh yes, I wanted to say I will be joining soon, my internet is tripping though... XC

I just keep searching until one shows up, took me over 24 hours to get Kirlia, it can take a looong time, but there?only up to 3 different pokemons in safari, so when you get a shiny there?s a big chance it?s the one you want, there?s rumors that there?s higher chances in the safari though.

Last edited:
Caught another shiny Horsea while looking for Clauncher.
Now I just need a male... so I can call it Eridan. My main Kingdra is already called Cronus.

011.jpg

I caught my shiny Pyroar at the Friend Safari. It took me a couple of hours. It seems to be much easier there.

Caught another shiny Horsea while looking for Clauncher.
Now I just need a male... so I can call it Eridan. My main Kingdra is already called Cronus.

I caught my shiny Pyroar at the Friend Safari. It took me a couple of hours. It seems to be much easier there.

Oh, I'd kill for a shiny Pyroar o-o Been breeding a Japanese ditto with Zoroark. Look out wonder trade, there's gonna be a horde of
Zorua's comin!

Ok, so this new radar is driving me insane at the moment, perhaps someone could help. I had a chain of 6 going, and the next grass sequence was as follows:

wut.jpg

The white space is where I was standing when using the radar. Surely the far left grass would have been perfectly fine? But apparently it wasn't and some random thing came out instead. I like the music change though when you are using it.

Ran into a shiny Gothorita today. I didn't know it was shiny until I saw the sparkles..

Spr_5b_575.png
Spr_5b_575_s.png

Got my first shiny of 6th gen- Clawitzer! Now I'm going to double search for shiny Kirlia and Relicanth. Relicanth keeps reminding me of AC so when I find a shiny it'll be called "Bells" XD
On that note, if I find a shiny Kirlia that's a boy, can one of you give a Dawn Stone? I wish I could just buy it...

After 20 attempts or so I found a Shiny Seadra through the chaining method. Gosh, I hope Serebii doesn't know about this cause I can get like craploads of sweet stuff there for it *_*

I have been farming the past few days so far I have gotten.
- Mareep. (From horde battle, using sweet scent, got him on my second try o_o)
- Ursaring. (Got it right after I got Mareep while searching for Scyther)
- 2x Jigglypuffs. (From friend safari, while farming for shiny Kirlia.)
- Kirlia. (From friend safari)
Now I?m farming for Noibat, and Gabite in my friend safari ^^
(One of my shiny Jigglypuffs are up for trade, I?m looking for shiny Aron or any of it?s evo?s and Abra, and Froakie, and it?s evos, Ditto, or Gengar)

Would you be willing to trade the Kirlia for a Shiny Luvdisc?

Back