• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Join Date Anniversary Thread

I forgot to post here on my actual anniversary (August 27th), whoops! It's pretty crazy to think about how I've been here 5 years. I've changed a lot since I first joined. I honestly have never encountered another website like this that keeps me coming back day in and day out for this amount of time, TBT is truly something else 🥺

A week ago, I had joined TBT 10 years ago. That’s just wild to me. I remember when I first joined, there were hardly any active members and now we’re one of the most active forums I’ve ever been to!

My actual eight years is coming up in eleven days. I’m happy to be apart of the community with some of the friends I’ve made here. It’s still relatively active here for a forum, too.

My date is like last month of when I joined (August 9th) which if you may saw in the Introduction thread, I explained in detail what happened. Lets just say it wasn't the best year for me last year and even though I am back I still have this scar that lingers with me and reminds me what I did on this site and I cannot seem to escape it.

I just checked and saw that my anniversary is coming up on October 4th. I joined in 2017 so it will be my 4 year anniversary. I'm glad I found this forum. I've (mostly) met nice people and have enjoyed being on here.

5 days ago it was my 5 year anniversary!! I'm so happy and proud to be a part of this forum, it has always been bringing me lots of joy, even tho my activity varies most of the time. I've met so many great people on here, it's such an amazing community ☺ 💖

My 9 year anniversary was last month! I think I've been inactive for a few months at a time before, but I've checked in a lot even when I haven't posted. I joined right after the first trailer for New Leaf came out maybe? Or a little before that? I just know it was so fun to make the little discoveries from the trailers together (and getting info from the players in Japan since they got it first). When a new game comes out, it's always my favorite time on the forum because it's so active. But I also like when it calms down too, and I see all the screen names I've become familiar with over the years :)

It's wild to think that next year will make 10 years for me!

I just missed mine lol, it was on the 4th. Thinking about 20 year old me being on this site is a little cringey but I had a lot of fun over the years, even if I took breaks in between.

I still hate my past self from last year how I was so rude at the time and how I just got so many warning points. Its something I never want to remember, buts its a scar that still haunts me.

Wow I've been on this site for 4 years😯 My anniversary passed (forgot to post it here oops) but Halloween would have been my 'join date'.

Ignore my actual join date it says on my profile. I made the account and botched the password or somethin so for months it sat here un-used. I don't know the exact date I came back, but I know I was active around the Halloween event so I consider that to be my un-official join date.

today is my 7 year tbt anniversary, ya’ll! 🥳💗 i’ve honestly been looking forward to today the entire month, and i just… i can’t believe its been 7 years already lol. i stumbled upon tbt while looking for a new place to conduct new leaf trades as i had grown tired of gamefaqs and acc, and it was one of the best discoveries i’ve ever made. 13 year old me really had no idea just how much this place would change her life haha.

so many awful things have happened to me, within me, and because of me over the last 7 years, and so much has changed, but tbt and the community we have here makes me want to keep going. i want to make ya’ll proud, because tbt sometimes feels more like a home to me than my actual one does. i feel safe here, and i’m grateful every day that i came back in 2020 for new horizons’ release. i can’t believe i left in the first place, because i genuinely can’t imagine life without this community now.

over the past 7 years, i have made over 26.6k posts, done over 1.3k successful trades, hosted over 18 giveaways and given away several rare in-game furniture sets, items, villagers, hybrids and collectibles, made so many amazing friends and memories, embarked on a (still ongoing) journey to obtain one of every collectible, started going by a name i’m actually comfortable with instead of my birth one (both online and irl), cut all the toxic people out of my life (except for my parents 😳), began exploring my sexuality and trying to figure out who i am, discovered new passions and interests i may not have without tbt (ex. creating digital art) and so much more. so many ****ty things have happened since 2015, but so many amazing things have happened, too, and i have this community to thank for a lot of it.

i’d be here writing this post for days if i tried to mention everything and everyone that’s important to me, so i won’t. instead, i’ll leave it at this — thank you to everyone who knew and put up with 13 year old me despite how much of a weird ******* i was at times, and thank you to everyone who knows and puts up with me now. i’m an annoyingly cheesy, antisocial and awkward mess at times, but i truly cherish and appreciate ya’ll so much, whether you’re my friend, an acquaintance or just a fellow tbt member.

thank you for the last 7 years, tbt. may there be many more amazing years to come. <33

2F49F5D0-DF9A-4A19-BEEA-3B729BAC0099.gif

Last edited:
Back