I've made a terrible mistake. Help!

cindersinned

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Tasty Cake
Yeah, so as the title says... I've messed up big time while time-travelling and now I'm trying to work out what to do. Here goes.

Okay, so I passed my last Gracie Fashion Check earlier today. Because I'm an impatient sort, I started time-travelling to get T&T. During the process of this time-travelling, two major things happened: Mint declared that she wanted to move, and Julian moved in from the campsite. My policy with move-outs is to let the villager go (unless they're a dreamie) and if they have second thoughts I talk them out of it.

Okay, so here's the problem: partway through the time-travelling I changed month. I forgot to change the month on the date. My game thinks that it's August 2nd right now, when in reality I want it set to August 29th.

So just time-travel forwards, right? Nope. Mint. I don't want her to leave without me saying goodbye. She's been a good friend in two towns and I'm sad that getting back to the right time means losing her without saying goodbye. However... if I time-travel to the date when Mint leaves, and then move to the correct date, I'm worried that someone else will decide to move due to neglect. Julian is safe due to low friendship, while Sylvana, Buzz and Fauna are all amiibo villagers who are unlikely to move. That leaves Bud, Drago, Marshal and Pinky, two of whom are dreamies.

Lastly, playing every single day in turbo-time to prevent move-outs isn't an option because I have ADHD - I will not have the patience to do that and it will kill my enthusiasm for the game.

So what do I do? What's the best solution? I should note that I have access to hacks, but I don't know if it would be possible to use that to put a lost villager back in. I also have a Beautiful Town so that's not an issue.

Well, first off, you can't add villagers to your town with hacks, you can only switch out villagers and move their houses. For the rest...gonna take a minute to read through again, cause this is a bit confusing XD I'll let ya know if I have an idea

I would say the best non hack solution is to cancel Mint's move and try to time travel a day at a time until someone else wants to move. You can cancel that villager's move then proceed to time travel any amount of time you desire without anyone else leaving.

The hacking way would be to time travel anyways and have anyone move in via random move-ins/amiibo then you cam get into the editor and replace them into the villager that you want instead. This however means you won't retain the previous friendship that you had with them if that's important to you.

Ok so...nobody else will think of moving while someone else is planning to move, I believe. So if you time travel to mint's moving date, and then time travel to the proper date, nobody will want to move right away because mint is moving, right? Umm tt a couple days ahead and see if she mentions moving again....? Cause you went back to August 2nd, not sure if she's gonna move. This is really confusing XD

Sorry if wrong cause you didn't mention when mint is moving.

Last edited:
I would cancel Mint's move, and then TT until another villager pings you to move. Then I would say no to them moving. If you decline a move, I'm pretty sure you can TT to the correct date without any of your villagers leaving.

Good luck

Back