• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Couldn't resist compiling a whole lot of screenshots I'd taken of Raymond and Tangy's date. :LOL: I love the different expressions on their faces. Tangy is way more expressive; she does wear her heart on her sleeve. But that doesn't mean Raymond is any less fascinating to watch. He's secretive, but his eyes give him away sometimes. ;)
nov13-art2-tile-b.jpg

I ran around looking for my newest move-in to see how he's doing. Found him on the beach. It was good to see he was giving the snapping turtle a wide berth. Smart one, Eugene. ;)
nov14-eugene.jpg

Today's obligatory foliage shot! 🍂 :love:
nov14-morning-b.jpg

The dawn light is something special! Just had to take a screenshot. It looks like my player character is reflecting on what a rollercoaster, anxiety-filled year 2020 has been. The pandemic has changed so many things. Here's hoping the world will be a better, calmer place in 2021.
nov15-dawnlight.jpg

This is a day of firsts! After catching a sea pig for the first time, Wolfgang asked me to play a game. My first treasure hunt with him.
nov15-wgtreasure.jpg

Last but not least, today's obligatory foliage shot.
nov15-leaves3.jpg

Once again we can learn new DIY recipes! It feels good. I like learning new DIY recipes. I also like red maple leaves. They're such a beautiful colour. I'm so loving autumn. I'm going to be sad when autumn gives way to winter.
nov16-newrecipe.jpg

The sunset was full of the warmest golden hues. There's an otherworldly, magical feel to it.
nov16-sunset.jpg

And the obligatory daily foliage shot! 🍂
nov16-leaves.jpg

Today, Deli asked me to find the picture book he'd lost. I did, and returned it to him, and he gave me his photo. 😀
nov17-deliphoto-0.jpg

nov17-deliphoto.jpg

Today, we have a bumper crop of foliage shots. I'm unreasonably hyper and light-headed with autumn love! 🍂 :love:
nov17-foliage1.jpg

nov17-foliage2.jpg

nov17-foliage3.jpg

nov17-foliage4-b.jpg

For months, I've waited for this conversation to happen. I'd seen screenshots from other players. But, even though I've always had at least one lazy islander (but mostly two) on Littlestar, it didn't happen. Claude, who has been with me since the beginning, has given me two photos. But this conversation never came up. Not with Zucker either, and he lived here for a few months. So when Deli, the earnest little monkey who's been here for less than a month, told me this today, it was so gratifying. I had to smile. 😃
nov17-rumors-tile.jpg

Also, the fact that only the lazy animal has this conversation reinforces the ridiculous idea in my head that lazies are really just retired super secret agents. They behave the way they do, talking incessantly about food and bugs, to throw you off. They know things and tell what seem like tall tales, but they're just doing it to mess with your head. And to entertain themselves, of course, since life on a small island pales in comparison to the excitement and thrills of being a super secret agent. 😉

Treasure hunts are officially a fad on my island. This is the third treasure hunt in two weeks. Everyone wants to give me something, but need to bury it first. 🤨
nov18-ray.jpg

Today's obligatory foliage shot. 🍂😌
nov18-leaves2.jpg

Dom was being extra adorable this morning. He was mesmerized by a red maple leaf floating in the wind and he followed it for a long time. 💨🍁
nov20-pl2.jpg

Then the plaza was taken over by Tangy, Sherb and Deli. Their happy faces put another happy face on me. 😊
nov20-pl5.jpg

nov20-pl7.jpg

Today's obligatory foliage shot!
nov20-leaves.jpg

Today's spotlight is on my island's Most Voracious Reader, Wolfgang. Because he was, as usual, determined to read. If my player character could, she'd read too. The weather's perfect!
nov21-wg2.jpg

He even read to the ducks. :LOL:
nov21-wg1.jpg

I was happy just to be able to sit with Wolfgang. What a beautiful day. Nintendo, why not make the next new reaction a reading one! ;)
nov21-wg3.jpg

Every few days, I'm doing a treasure hunt! I think it'd be really nice if treasure hunts gave you items that you otherwise cannot get by any other means. Special rewards, you know, for being great friends with your islanders? I'd be happy even with just colour variants of Nook Miles outdoor items.
nov22-sherb.jpg

Spotted Fuchsia enjoying a mid-morning snack outside.
nov22-fuchsia-b.jpg

It looks like all the trees are now turning red. Such a glorious sight! But, does this mean autumn is going to end soon? 😟 I need to enjoy it while it lasts. Here's the daily foliage shot! 🍂 📸
nov22-leaves-b.jpg

Because autumn looks so beautiful, it makes me feel like I should upload a dream version of my island. I had no plans to do it before. Then again, one can't visit the dream of one's own island. It'd be pointless. 😑

Rolf is usually working out with a barbell, fishing at the river or sleeping under a tree. But I spotted him going after a butterfly with his net, so I followed...
nov23-rolf1.jpg

... he didn't manage to catch it. Sad Rolf face is too sad! 😭
nov23-rolf2.jpg

A feline camper and a decision to make!
nov23-lolly.jpg

I'm disappointed by the normal personality in NH but I'm going to give it another shot. I mean, Lolly! Eugene will be leaving. He hasn't been here long. But, cute as he is, I can't shake the feeling that he's a Raymond wannabe. It's not his fault at all. I got Raymond first. Still, it doesn't help Eugene's case that, not only does he sound like Raymond, his home interior resembles Raymond's! It's unfortunate. The only smug so far, who managed to impress me, was Jacques. Jacques offered different dialogue, and a very different home interior. I loved Jacques. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of inviting him back some day. And, to wrap it all up, here's the daily foliage shot! I'm going to miss autumn so much when it's over. 🍂 📸
nov23-leaves-b.jpg

After a conversation with Raymond, Dom was skipping around, humming a little tune, with a happy smile on his face.
nov24-dom.jpg

And he said.
nov24-dom3.jpg

nov24-dom4.jpg

All that within earshot of Raymond. 😉 It's awesome when my residents get along. I know Dom's incessant muscle-talking ways get on the nerves of some. One time, a teary-eyed Dom told me that a lazy islander called him "tedious" for his obsession. And I couldn't say I disagreed completely. 😅 If only jock animals had more personal backstory! But they don't, as far as I can tell. 😐 Here's today's obligatory foliage shot. 🍂 📸
nov24-leaves.jpg

It's Wolfgang's birthday today! I found Deli all dressed up and celebrating with our favourite bookworm resident first thing in the morning. But the conversation took, um, an unexpected turn. 😱
nov25-deli1.jpg

nov25-deli2.jpg

nov25-deli3.jpg

It's one of those stories you'll never forget once you've heard it. 😬 But, hey, it's Wolfgang's birthday! We had a blast! Wolfgang was dancing his little cranky heart out! 🎉🎂🎉
nov25-wg2-c.jpg

I didn't forget to snap today's obligatory foliage shot. 🍂 📸
nov25-leaves.jpg

Turkey Day has no significance for me since I'm not American. Still, it was fun seeing Franklin again. He may be a celebrity chef now, but he knows reality remains a stark and scary thing. 😱
nov26-turkeyday5.jpg

My islanders were ecstatic to have Franklin's food! I've never seen anything like this. Everyone was skipping around, humming and singing, toasting with their apple juice, and Wolfgang even whipped out his cellphone to take photos. I was... shocked worried amused happy for them. 😆
nov26-td7.jpg

OH WOW, FIRST SNOW! 😲❄ I wasn't expecting it to snow the very next day after Turkey Day. But hey, it's great, my first winter in the game! I'm on a tropical island irl, so there's no snow here. I remember seeing snow for the first time, in New Zealand, some 33 or so years ago. I didn't experience snowing though, until I visited Andorra when I was 29, for a ski holiday. It snowed in the night, and I remember feeling mesmerized as I stared up into the night sky and watched the snow appear magically, flying and tumbling and whirling in the air. ❄
nov27-snow4-b.jpg

My islanders are wearing their winter clothes now. Claude has a gorgeous red duffel coat! Raymond looks like he's the nerdy brains behind a heist he will pull off with Wolfgang. 😆
nov27-claude2-b.jpg

nov27-snow9.jpg

I wonder how long it'll take before there's enough snow on the ground to make a snowman! ⛄

Hi! Just want to say your island shots are beautiful and inspirational! <3
I enjoyed reading your journal entries.
Everything feels authentic and chill.

Back