• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
All I have on my island are suspension bridges. I love the way they look. My island will always be on the rustic, natural side of things, so suspension bridges fit right in.
dawn-b.jpg

Even though I no longer hoard insects for him, Flick's still the coolest NPC in the game for me. I do like lizards and chameleons and I recall photographing them in parks for my 365 project many years ago. I'm always excited to see one.
flick-1b.jpg

I enjoy visiting Tangy at home because I love the way her house is decorated! So fruity! Everything's fruity! (I don't like fruits in real life. But I like the way they look and smell. I just don't like eating them. :LOL: ) The colours are great. Bright colours make me happy. (Again, I like looking at brightly coloured things. I collect them. But in real life, I'm mostly dressed in a black shirt and blue jeans. I will not wear anything brightly coloured. o_O ) I always take too many screenshots when I visit Tangy. And I'm not stopping. :p
tangy-home-b.jpg

I prefer Saharah's dialogue in New Leaf. It made me laugh every time. He would say, "I am called Saharah, for that is my name. I come from faraway land. I have many wallpapers for the papering of walls. Many carpets for the petting of cars." And: "You are liking my handiwork? Oh yes, I can smell your confidence. Smells like soup." But my favourite Saharah quote is: "Harmony is peace. Peace is unity. Unity is harmony. I tell this to the Nook man. He ask me to leave." :LOL:
saharah-b.jpg

I was so excited to see a cloudy afternoon sky! On my island, it has not rained for a long time. I threw on my raincoat and boots and ran out to wait for the rain. I wanted to take rainy day pictures. I waited. And waited. And waited. And the clouds went away. :(
rain-please-b.jpg

Although I have two cranky villagers, they have different hobbies so I see them doing different things around the island. Rolf's hobby is fitness and I see him often in sportswear. Wolfgang, on the other hand, has education as his hobby. He reads voraciously. He reads everywhere. I place books all over the island for him. If only I could discuss books with Wolfgang!
wolfgangreads-b.jpg

Fuchsia is my newest move-in! I needed a sisterly islander after Paula moved out. I love the personality. Fuchsia is among the amiibo cards I'd managed to get a hold of. She's cute, I never had her before, and it was pretty much love at first sight after meeting her in the campsite. Here she is taking a breather after spending an entire day unpacking.
fuchsiasits-b.jpg

Jitters was fascinated by the firefly! I would be too, if I saw one. I've never seen one. (I live in a firefly-less country.) I would love to see one. Or a hundred. I've seen a National Geographic video of fireflies in the pine forests of Mexico. Simply magical!
jittersfirefly-b.jpg

Ah, birthdays. I've had sooooo many of them. (Today's my 56th.) In real life, I don't celebrate. It's just another number by which my being is superficially defined. In Animal Crossing, I have fun with my villagers. It's great to have a party with them. 🥳😎🤪😂😊
birthdayparty3-b.jpg

I like Claude's birthday message!
birthdayclaudemessage-b.jpg

Being able to give away birthday cupcakes to my islanders is awesome. I bet they taste delicious!
birthdaycupcake-b.jpg

My birthday hat. Rolf says it's cute and that I should wear it for a day at least.
birthdaywithrolf-b.jpg

It's Tangy's birthday! 🥳 This birthday girl was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Wolfgang was a bundle of energy too. He couldn't stop dancing and I couldn't snap a proper photo where they were both in focus. 🤪 (If I have time later, I'll use Harvey's studio to get all the islanders together.)
tangybday1-b.jpg

It's raining again! Love it! I like rain. Where I live, we're just a single degree north of the Equator. Tropical weather may seem like a dream to those who live in temperate regions but, to me, it's unbearably hot and humid all year long. The only respite is what the rain brings, so I love the rain more than the sun. In ACNH, my favourite umbrella to use is the leaf umbrella. ☔
rain-leafumbrella-b.jpg

Two beach-at-sunset screenshots from different perspectives. On this particular day, the warm sunset hues were so intense and rich, I was kind of rendered speechless. I ran around frantically taking photos everywhere because I wanted to capture the occasion. This game continues to surprise me. I love how it looks so much!
sunset-4-b.jpg

sunsetbeach-b.jpg

Every time I hear singing in the plaza (or anywhere else), I have to stop and appreciate it. I can't help it. It's sort of mesmerizing. It's sort of funny and charming all at once. I'm not fond of K.K.'s singing. But I do care for my islanders so I'm enchanted when they sing. The tunes most popular on my island are Forest Life, Drivin' and K.K. Rockabilly.
trio-singing-b.jpg

Rain happens a lot these days. It's summer, after all. I'm reminded of the trips I'd taken to Japan in June. Hydrangea, which loves the rain, bloomed everywhere. The most beautiful ones I've ever seen were in Hasedera Temple in Kamakura. So many varieties, so many colours. Thousands of blooms. I'd love to go back someday.
doublerainbows-b.jpg

Back