• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Isabelle has the power over me

Zulehan

The New Architect
Bells
Yellow Pansy
Father's Day Carnation
Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Blue Balloon
Fair Pinwheel
Togepi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Fair Pinwheel
I booted up the game and when she said "OK. All set. Oh...," I was scared, until she continued: "It's the Summer Solstice!"

Don't do that again, Isabelle, oh my God.

After several days straight of cycling for my second town, those are not the first few words I want to hear when booting up my first town.

Well if its a special event, she might say "Oh, and I need to tell you..." which usually is a villager moving out. So next time Isabelle tells you a special event you better hope she does NOT say "Oh, and I need to tell you..." You'll probably know whats gonna happen next.

Last edited:
Oh, don't I know it! Unless I know there is a special event, her pausing and saying, "Oh..." almost freaks me out every time. I always wonder who's moving...

I get concerned when she says that too especially since one day I booted up even after playing everyday and she said "Oh by the way Lolly is moving tomorrow!" I died a little on the inside that day. Lolly never told me. :(

Hahahahaha I feel ya! Whenever she says "oh" my heart freezes for a bit. I'm always sort of afraid of a surprise move out from Olivia or Chief mainly (who are never leaving they are trapped here forever), or anyone else I don't want out yet.

Isabelle: "What can I help you with?"

Me: "Ordinances."

Isabelle: "Which ordinance would you like to enact?"

Me: "Villager Moving Advanced Warning Ordinance."

Isabelle: "Great choice, mayor!"

Me: :cool:

Last edited:
Ugh, yes, I'm always on edge that my baby's will leave the nest and when Isabelle does that I quickly assume a villager is going to leave. ; A ; It has got me sooo many times that I've stopped TTing (unless I really have to).

Isabelle: "What can I help you with?"

Me: "Ordinances."

Isabelle: "Which ordinance would you like to enact?"

Me: "Villager Moving Advanced Warning Ordinance."

Isabelle: "Great choice, mayor!"

Me: :cool:
That or "No Villagers Can Leave" Ordinance. I think the police officer should tell you who is thinking of leaving or the villager should like post on the bulletin board asking and then you go find them.

Same... gives me a little heart attack everytime, sometimes even when I know whats coming next like an event. XD

Happened to me as well xD I was so terrified when she was all "Oh..." just made me think ugh no, can't lose my lovelies:( I was all angry when she simply announced it was Summer Solstice grrr Isabelle xD

Ya know how to scare her back?
Re-create the town

tumblr_mk25hwSZbe1s4ywvco1_500.gif

Last edited:
Whenever it's gone more than 4 days since someone moved in I start getting nervous and make a point of talking to Pango and/or one of the smugs every day until they tell me a rumor. Peppies and smugs are really awesome for tipping you off when someone's on the way out behind your back.

I had a three week dry spell recently, nobody was budging. That was the first time I actually started to feel uneasy about the boot-up Isabelle speech. I was getting more and more paranoid with every passing day lol.

That's the only way I can tell if a villager is moving out, since I skip most of the text to start the game. It's also the way I could tell in my Japanese town, since I was still learning to read it.

Once I was holding a villager for someone, and I messed up the TTing in my second town. I freaked a little when Isabelle did the hesitation at the start of the game, because I'd forgotten that I had someone else's villager.

Thankfully it wasn't theirs, but I would've felt so bad.

Last edited:
Whenever she says "oh" to me, I'm always excited to she what she has to say.

Last edited:
Back