Is throwing away Christmas, Birthday, "Get Well" Cards rude?

Keep them only if they are homemade. Those are the best.

Christmas/b-day cards just throw away. There not special (unless homemade)

Keep things like get well cards or cards from your crush/significant other

I say if it is really wasting space, then go ahead. What matters is that you acknowledged the card, letter etc. And you will keep it in your heart forever.
But if it is really important, and you are really attached to it, then keep it. It's good to read them again after a long time.

"Ah, memories."

I keep all of them, I even have old valentines day cards in my old valentines day boxes

I even save all sentimental/special letters in acnl. im a big baby like that

id keep them, but it really depends on the person. I just cant bring myself to throw them away.

I feel like I'm a horrible person after reading the whole thread

Number of cards kept: 0

I feel like I'm a horrible person after reading the whole thread

Number of cards kept: 0

Don't worry bro, I don't keep my cards either.

I don't think throwing them away is rude if they're like, really really old but if you just got them like, a day ago, then yeah that's rude.

I keep the ones that are handmade and the ones who were given to me by people I really love ^ ^
I have a folder just for them so I can read them from time to time >w<

The ones that were given just for the sake of giving (like the ones you get from those relatives you really don't get along with), I eventually throw them away, there's no meaning on keeping them anyway..

It's hard to keep all your cards from over the years, they start to pile up. I display them above my fireplace for an appropriate amount of time to should they were appreciated & then get thrown out later.

i usually just throw out the ones that don't have any special message written inside. ^^

personally, i only think it's rude if they wrote something sentimental and you still throw it out. uwu

I honestly don't keep most of them.
The only card I kept was a card from my nana because it was really cute and funny. It was the last birthday card I got from her before she passed away so I'm glad a kept it. I just wish I could find all the poems we used to write to eachother >.< I KNOW they're in a box SOMEWHERE

I don't know.. I'd honestly pretty sad if someone threw away a card I made for them, or wrote a nice message in. It's different if they just signed there name, and were done with it. But I always manage to lose my cards on accident, and I regret not being able to find them. :c

I don't think it's rude, I myself tend not to keep them because there never seems to be room for them. I do keep handmade ones and ones with special messages, though, but I don't get many of those.

It's not rude, I keep my more important cards. I still have cards from my high school Graduation and I keep birthday cards from my Family, but that's about it. If the card is handmade/crafted or "just because cards" from my nieces I'd keep them and find a spot for them in a draw or on my bulletin board.

Hiii ^^;

I realize this might sound like a weird question, but my mom is helping me clean up my room. We started today and we are probably going to continue doing it for the rest of the weekend.

Do you think throwing away cards people give is a rude thing to do? They are probably the thing I have the most of and they don't look good. To be honest, I don't really know where to put them, but having the thought of just throwing them away feels weird. I have some very old cards people have been giving me through the years but I don't even look at them. They are just there... Do you throw away these kind of things after a while or keep them?

If you keep them, how do you put them away so they don't look like a clutter mess in your room?

I know it's a weird question, but if you could help me with it, I'd really, really appreciate it. ^^

It depends on the card; homemade no ,store bought yes

- - - Post Merge - - -

I honestly don't keep most of them.
The only card I kept was a card from my nana because it was really cute and funny. It was the last birthday card I got from her before she passed away so I'm glad a kept it. I just wish I could find all the poems we used to write to eachother >.< I KNOW they're in a box SOMEWHERE
aww i dont wanna lose my nana :c

Depends how special the card is? If it's specially made and has a really lovely sincere message that you'd like to keep, then do. If it's just your standard card that just says "Dear ___, Happy Birthday" then throw it away, or recycle it. I'd never feel offended if someone threw away a birthday card I gave them unless it was like really special and I made it myself or something.

Back